• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Choice?

What was the hardest set of starters to choose from?

• RBYG Kanto starters

Votes: 19 31.7%
  • GSC Johto starters

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • RSE Hoenn starters

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • FRLG Kanto starters

Votes: 10 16.7%
  • DPPt Sinnoh starters

Votes: 15 25.0%
  • HGSS Johto starters

Votes: 16 26.7%
  • BW Isshu/Unova starters

Votes: 20 33.3%

• Total voters

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
  • The only gen I ever had trouble with was the first one. I liked them all, so I didn't know who to pick. I ended up with Charmander and have picked the fire Pokemon ever since. Save for Platinum where I tried Piplup. Didn't like him, so going back to picking the fire type.

Years
  • The hardest choice for me was with the R/B/Y games.
    I really like both 3 pokémon, and I never know which one to pick...

for the other games it is quite easy for me ^^

Lana.

*spin*
    Years
  • It's always the Johto starters for me. I adore both Chikorita and Cyndaquil, so it's always between them. For the other regions, I grew up always picking water starters: Squirtle, Mudkip, and Piplup. Then I grew fond of Bulbasaur and Turtwig, so I pick them.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • GSC for sure, especially between Chikorita and Totodile. Feraligatr was my first lvl 100, and Chikorita makes the game nice and difficult... Sometimes I got all three using that glitch :p Cyndaquil really made the game too easy. Typhlosion is cool but I've never cared for the fire starters... 2nd gen ftw!

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    From 1st to 4th gen I've always ALWAYS picked the fire starter. Not only because they're cute, but I just love fire-pokemon. Wasn't a hard choice.
    However BW Unova starter, I'm in a dilemma. The pig's last evo is repulsive. A fighting warrior man-pig doesn't suit my taste. On the other hand, snivvy looks just too cute to not choose, even though I don't like grass pokemons.
    Eh I still cant make a desicion.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Every generation had me choosing the Fire-type, as it had become a sort of tradition for me. But in my White Version, I was really tempted to choose Tsutarja over Pokabu. But in the end tradition won over and I chose the Fire-type.

Thus, I voted for the Isshu starters.

Lethal-Llama

Professional Awesome Sauce
    Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2011
    It'd have to be Fire Red. I still don't know between Squirtle or Charmander....

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It's hard to decide on which Kanto starter I should go for. I mean, Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle are really, really good. I wish I could have all three (and no that doesn't mean I want a cheat. :P)

Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh are relatively easy. I always choose Chikorita, Torchic and Piplup.

For Unova, it was not that easy to decide on either. Snivy and Oshawott are both... cute. xD

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • My Starters

On the Kanto region- I chose either Charmander or Bulbasaur. Charmander was way better for an Epic team, so I chose Charmander.
    On the Johto region- Cyndaquil, all the way. Totodile, eh, neutral feeling. Chikorita, to plain and the weakest(or doesn't appeal to me).
    On the Hoenn region-MUDKIP. I love that thing. So darn cute and I loved the final evo. I just got off that grass weakness of Swampert and loved him. Justt had to have a fire or flying type on my team and done.
    On the Sinnoh region-Quite hard, but I chose Piplup since everybody chose Chimchar in my family and relatives. I was the first to try Piplup, and loved the water thing. Very cute indeed and kind of better than Infernape. Can't believe they did the fire/fighting match again.
    On the Isshu region-Very hard, the hardest of them all since it is new and I haven't seen the three starters on action. I might pick either grass or water...hmmm.

Rainbow-Sasuke

300 Posts be the 15th?
    Years
  • For me, I don't find hard for any gens. I establish what starter I will choose before I start the game, making it easy for me knowing that I have a set starter! I've used every starter for Gen I and II! Emulators love me(and vice versa).

Kitrigar

Butt Puncher
    Years
  • I say G/S/C/HG/SS for choosing a starter. It's either Totodile or Cyndaquil, I can never choose.

Recently though, I was restarting my Pokemon White and I couldn't decide with the starters. I wanted to choose Pokabu/Tepig, but I have already chosen the piggy the last game. My second choice was Snivy/Tsutarja, but I had already chose that one on my Pokemon Black. I honestly didn't want Oshawatt/Mijumaru, but chose it anyway.

Years
  • I have a hard time picking my starter when playing G/S/C & HG/SS. I can never choose between Totodile and Cyndaquil.

Drekin

We all live in a...
    Years
  • The BW starters. I still haven't decided yet because I like all of their final forms so I'm probably going to look at what moves they learn and pick the best one to me.

Back