• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest legendary to catch?

Which legendary was hard for you to catch?

• Mesprit

Votes: 56 22.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Azelf

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 73 29.2%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Heatran

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 23 9.2%

• Total voters
Years
  • Giratina was difficult on platinum, its moves didnt have much PP and so i'd get it to low HP and it'd use struggle & therefore kill itself >____<
    after 6 tries i just threw my masterball at it straight away.
    and azelf is so hard to catch :|
    its hard enough surviving it, after it uses nasty plot about 469747956 times then uses either uproar or future sight, you're done for.
    i caught it shiny in the end, cos i'd attempted its capture about 20 times and i put it to sleep the first turn and used a quick ball the 2nd :3
    (just realised how lucky i was to get that now)

joelogs

region Explorer
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    on my experience on pearl it was azelf, giratina, regigigas and heatran that almost drain out the pokeballs i have. catching legendaries is just mainly measure of luck you have, just my opinion.

Imagine.

Escaping Beyond Hope
    Years
    • Age 27
    • GBR
    • Seen Oct 28, 2015
    It had to be Mesprit/Cresseilia for me. Pretty annoying pokémon...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Regigigas was really hard to catch for me. It probably took me around thirty ultra balls just for me to finally catch it.

SooHee

Lame Trainer
    Years
  • For some reason, Azelf is being ridiculously hard to catch D: This whole week I've been trying to catch him in my platinum but refuses to be caught! I want to get on with the game already! haha

Lt_Nite

GnR for life!
    Years
  • Giratnia was actually pretty easy for me got it second time, first time he struggled himself to death lol. For me it was Mesprit, took so many times of just resetting my game because he either wiped out my team from using so many nasty plots, or just wouldn't catch and I ran out. Took me a good 15 times lol. So ya my vote goes to that little guy :D

sez1992

Seeker of National Pokemon
    Years
  • Pearl: Mesprit, took me two WHOLE months to catch, when I first caught up with it I nearly fainted it, but lucky it got down to around about 10 hp left, again tried catching it, finally caught it near Lake Vercity (I think).
    Platium: Azelf + Uxie, between them I have used like 100 dusk, ultra and timer balls on them, I finally caught them though (phew)

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2009
    I am sure most of you have had a hard time catching a legendary pokemon in Diamond, Pearl and/or Platinum. Which one was the hardest one for you to catch?

I would have to say Giratina and Mesprit. Giratina was pretty strong for me to handle, and Mesprit just kept moving all over the place.
    mine too main because i didnt want to use the master ball on them

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    well none of them when u have master balls lolz.
    i just got platinum 3 days ago and it was released 3 days before that on the 22nd MAY...
    I wen to Oak and then started chasing down the 3 legendary birds...
    i got Articuno and Moltres i just need Zapdos...
    THEN cressila decides to join...
    it ran away on fullmoon island...
    them to a causing me REAL TRouble!

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2010
    Well I;ve only had the game for a couple days but in Platinum Mesprit is the hardest for me to catch. Just because it always runs when you fail to catch it :[

Inferno1

Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • giratina in platinum was hard as i needed hondoom to thunder fang it till it got paralysed and then used floatzels surf till it had very little hp and threw ultra balls

Years
  • Diagla, it was really painfull for me, I had low amount of ultra balls and I was not going to go through all that again just to get more ultra balls and my pokemon where hurt from the battles against Team Galactic.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Argh. Romaing legendary. Mespirirt, Moltres, Zapdos. I haven't seen Articuno yet, but still.

I don't have Pokemon with the Shadow Tag so I can't trap them. Argh. ;;

Back