• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Hardest legendary to catch?

Which legendary was hard for you to catch?

• Mesprit

Votes: 56 22.4%
  • Uxie

Votes: 19 7.6%
  • Azelf

Votes: 25 10.0%
  • Giratina

Votes: 73 29.2%
  • Cresselia

Votes: 59 23.6%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 16 6.4%
  • Heatran

Votes: 29 11.6%
  • Regigigas

Votes: 18 7.2%
  • Other (Please Specify in post)

Votes: 23 9.2%

• Total voters

LegenZs

The Place Of Death
Years
  • For Me it was giratina

Because Every time it used ominous wind or ancient power it stats would raise

All its stats raised 4 levels.

So even with 4 ice beams it didn't even put it in the yellow zone

Oh The Places You'll Go.

Whatever will be, will be.
    Years
  • Mespirit will forever be my weak point.
    The whole chase game stressed me out a ton. I don't do cheats of any sort, so I have to do it the hard way with regular Pokeballs and Shadow Tag. Its a major pain. >.>

Cornelius

Video Game Addict
    Years
  • I think I had the hardest times trying to catch Heatran and Regigigas. Mesprit too, but the first two are the ones that I remember having the most trouble with since they would either faint or I ran out of Ultraballs to catch them with.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    All those psycho-type runners gets easily owned by a crobat's bite / crunch...
    id say giratina.. not only i wasn't able to catch it sometimes, when i got it it had crappy EVs.. and crappy natures.. it got on my nerves and i just threw a masterball and got myself a nice giratina with nice Evs and modest nature.

Cyclone Dragon

Dragon & Video Game Fanatic
    Years
  • I had a hard time catching Ho-ho, I saved the game, then approched it then kept reseting it until when I was out of pokeballs until i finally caught it. So I manged to catch Ho-ho with a orginal poke ball =3. but as for diamond and platnium I'd say Darkrai is the hardest for me. but i usally just use a master ball for the legendaries now.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • Hmm, All legends have a 3% catchrate, but the hardest to catch for me was either Darkrai (event) or Azelf. Took me about
    96 Ultras
    54 Dusks
    15 Timers
    and Alot of time and patience

Xarses

Whippersnapper
    Years
  • I have caught the Legendary bird, MewTwo, Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, the Regis, Dialga, the three little "Mew-like" things, Heatran, Cresselia, Giritina and Regigigas all in Pokeballs, and BY FAR the hardest was Giritina. That thing took me about seven hours of playing to catch in a Pokeball. My YouTube account actually has some of the captures vidded: http://www.youtube.com/user/megafartboy ~ I know the title is obnoxious, but then again, I made it in seventh grade. ._.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2009
    the legendary dogs were difficult. they run away sooooo fast, especially entei!

the legendary dogs! especially entei!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2009
    Ill go Mesprit. Probably took around 40-50 Ultras to catch..
    Giratina wasnt easy either though.
    Dialga and Palkia were by far the easiest.

Rabid Ditto3 8

Migrating Coconut
    Years
  • Regigigas was impossible to catch on my Diamond. I seriously haven't caught it yet... It had probably 6Hp left and was paralyzed and i stalled as much as could then used Timer balls, since Ultra wasn't cuttin it. It ended up Struggle-ing it's self to death. And this awesome occurance happened probably 8-10 times before i gave up cause i realized i didn't even want the thing... i'll use a master ball one of these days...

Back