• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hardest Pokemon To Catch

Captain Charizard

Charizard Trainer
Years
  • I would have to say (Believe it or not maybe because of pokeballs....) Roselia 67 PBs (counted at one HP and asleep. I am extremely unfortunate) and mewtwo 123 PBs (FULL HEALTH and NO CONDITION). these are from LG and PT.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I've had more trouble catching origin forme Giratina. I had to turn off the game at least 5 times and retry. Yee haw. I'm proud of myself for catching it...I guess.

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I'm surprised everyone's saying Platinum Giratina was so hard to catch. Just a couple of minutes ago I caught it in just 3 or 4 Ultra Balls, and it didn't even have a status effect on it. Maybe I was just really lucky. :D

I'm having real trouble with Mesprit and Cresselia in Pearl. I don't know how many Quick Ball's I've wasted on them, and they still won't stay in....:(

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
  • I would say Chansey because it's really hard to take down it's health to a minimum level just to catch the dang thing.

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • LGs Mewtwo (Platinum Giratina, with an attack that can defeat almost anything) or FRs Entei. Mewtwo just took SO LONG (around 15 attempts), and Entei... well, I started looking for it 13 ingame hours ago. I haven't seen it yet.

Years
  • Hoenn hunting:

Chimecho, Relicanth (encounter rate, not capture), Feebas, Regice (too few PP for moves = Struggle + player profanity), wandering Lati (my Eon Ticket helps only so much), Ralts

Mirage Island Wynaut...

Johto hunting:

The Three Roars on Four Legs

Most others can be Ultra Ball'd or Heavy Ball'd.
    I Heavy'd Lugia.

Kanto hunting:

SZ's Chansey, SZ's Kangaskhan, SZ's Tauros, Mewtwo without a Master Ball

Sinnoh hunting:

A Croagunk/Toxicroak with a Black Sludge, Azelf after Nasty Plot

Possible all game:

~ Mount Battle Hooh
    ~ a copy of "the bonus disk for getting Jirachi" for sale somewhere

Symphonic.x.Fantasia

Inactivity is a poison.
    Years
  • >>; Just like to point out something I found out from my days of rom hacking.
    Mewtwo has a catch rate of like...3. Out of 255. Not too sure bout the other legends, though. He was the hardest for me-and that took like 50-some odd ultras. xD
    That's really saying something-Anything in Platinum's been easy for me. The most I used was four on Giratina.
    When I got Dialga and Palkia on the First and Third respectively, I was like "OAO". xD

Pokémon Ranger ✩ Moriarty

I lit a wee fire...on a boat!
    Years
  • I've always been uber, uber lucky with my Legendaries. My best catch was Regirock in Platinum with one Quick Ball (I'm not kidding; I sat there for about five minutes afterwards just staring at my screen) and the hardest...I can't remember exactly because I haven't played Blue since 1999/2000, but I think it was Mewtwo. I remember taking several days with him because I'd used my MasterBall on Zapdos. :3

Ooooh, although I never caught Mesprit...in the end, I got so fed-up with her that I OHKO'd her with my Charizard. (:

mattman324

Run to the hills, run for your lives!
    Years
  • >>; Just like to point out something I found out from my days of rom hacking.
    Mewtwo has a catch rate of like...3. Out of 255. Not too sure bout the other legends, though. He was the hardest for me-and that took like 50-some odd ultras. xD
    That's really saying something-Anything in Platinum's been easy for me. The most I used was four on Giratina.
    When I got Dialga and Palkia on the First and Third respectively, I was like "OAO". xD

That isn't special, almost all legendaries (besides Celebi, Shaymin, Dialga, Palkia, and one or two others) have a catch rate of 3. Well, Kyogre and Groudon have a catch rate of 5, but that isn't special.

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • Mewtwo and Giratina-o.

When i'm trying to catch those two, I feel like cutting myself. I'm not emo though. But seriously; those two have got to be the MOST ANNOYING POKEMANS EVER MADE GRAHH!! *uses false swipe to finish off a lv.2 bidoof.. WTH it lived.. this thing's gotta have like a huge defense IV and a HP IV of 31 woot i'm gonna catch this thing!* <end n00bness>

Symphonic.x.Fantasia

Inactivity is a poison.
    Years
  • Mewtwo and Giratina-o.

When i'm trying to catch those two, I feel like cutting myself. I'm not emo though. But seriously; those two have got to be the MOST ANNOYING POKEMANS EVER MADE GRAHH!! *uses false swipe to finish off a lv.2 bidoof.. WTH it lived.. this thing's gotta have like a huge defense IV and a HP IV of 31 woot i'm gonna catch this thing!* <end n00bness>

You know, there's a picture that would go great with that. xD
    It involves Gardenia, the phrase "Emo Kid", and cutting.
    Sound familiar?
    Anyway; Something else that's actually pretty annoying? Safari Zone pokes.
    Especially the rarer ones, though I've always been able to get a Chansey in 2-3 balls....Tauros, to this day, has never been caught by me.

The Red Chain

It took me an hour and a half to capture that stubborn little guy.
    With most legends it takes me between 15-30 minutes, but no, Azelf decided he didn't want to make it easy. XD

Heather

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2021
    The roaming legendaries are the hardest to catch. Since they keep running away from you. The only roaming legendary I both to catch was Suicune and I used my masterball.

Back