• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Harry Potter Club!!!!

Skye

a dreamer...
Years
  • I was disappointed that Harry didn't see the Grim more, like he did in the book. Alas, the films will probably never live up to the books. I think the only reason I go to see them is because I like to see some of the stuff from the book acted out. It just helps bring the book out more, flushing out the details and so on.

Also, wasn't book three when Harry learns about his father and how he treated Snape? I can't remember....read all the books last summer.

Fox_Die

xlink kai user
    Years
  • Yeah, in the book he finds out that snape was almost killed by lupin, and that his father was the one who saved snape's life

Jesus Freak Josh

In my mind's eye, I see You...
    Years
  • Who reckons the dog looked more like a wolf! According to one of my classmates, the were wolf looks more like her dog! :D
    But I suppose since it's a bit human...

I like alot of quotes in the movie.
    Like the wolf cry.
    Harry: What about us?
    Hermione: I didn't think of that!

~*Silent Tattsu*~

Has gone~
    Years
  • Skye said:
    I was disappointed that Harry didn't see the Grim more, like he did in the book. Alas, the films will probably never live up to the books.

*Sigh* Although i hate to admit it, i have to agree with you Skye.
    I would have loved the Films to be able to live up to the Books, but that is just not possible, J.K's works are too deep and detailed. You could never put the magic into the movies like you can in the Books. Not that the Movies are that bad, they have done a great job on them really =D

What i can't stand is the fact that they have to cut so much out of the movie, i was really dissapointed that some of my favourite bits weren't included. They only include the big important bits of the story, the smaller details are removed.

Well heres my review on the Movie -

- My god, Lupin a BALD Werewolf! I don't mean to sound as if i expected Lupin to change into a beautiful, noble Wolf...but at least something with hair! In Ootp isn't it mentioned that one identifying sign of a werewolf is a tufted tail? How can it have a tufted tail if it's BALD?! O_O

- It could've been longer. I mean, POA is a longer book than the first two, and yet they're longer movies. I wouldn't have minded an extra half an hour in the theatre, and we would've been able to see some scenes from the book that weren't in there. If you can read the books, which are very long and detailed, you can sit through a 3 hour movie. ><

- Please, don't tell me i'm the only one who wanted to strut into the movie and rip that horrible, ugly mustache off of Lupin! Anyone else?

- No Cedric Diggory, Cho Chang, Oliver Wood, Peeves or Sir Cadogan.. (I loved Cadogan, he was hilarious) I didn't even notice them!

- No Hogwarts Quidditch Cup.....no Harry winning it for them...no awkward but funny moment on the pitch between Harry and Cho...i mean how could they remove the Cup match?! It was one of my favourite parts!

- No explanation of Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs! No explenation on the story behind the Marauder's Map! I LOVED that part.

- I found the Shrieking Shack scene rather silly and corny IMO. I never remember Sirius and Lupin going biserk and Harry mistaking them for saying that they'd kill Harry, not Wormtail together. It was all so hysterical, and Lupin was calm and collected in the book, he did'nt act like a raving lunatic in that scene.

- The freeze frame ending and the whole fact that Harry GOT the Firebolt at the end bugged me slightly, i mean he recived the Firebolt in the middle of the book, i can't belive they put the scene at the end.

- Hermione was slightly out of character. I mean, no big bushy brown Hair, no bossyness, no ranting about Homework. She didn't act 100% right IMO.

- Ron, having his most famous (And might i add, the best one he had in the movie) line in Poa, in the Shrieking Shack scene, when he stands up bravely with his broken leg and says 'If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too'
    I don't understand why Hermione had to have that line ><

- I was dissapointed that the whole story behind Lupin, his calm and kind personality and the great lessons he made for the students was rushed. But i guess they just couldn't fit it all in :/
    ------------------------
    Now here's the positive side ^^; -

- The Ron/Hermione hints, i was very happy with them ;) *Squee* <3

- Buckbeak looked BRILLIANT. I imagined him alot like that, he was beautifully animated and i was really satisfied.

- Dan, Emma and Rupert have really improved as actors. They are getting much better. Dan was awesome, he's really getting into Harry's character. Rejoice!

- It really was a much darker film, and i was really happy about it, because it had that real HP feeling, because HP is not a light hearted book, it is dark and gory at times. But that's a good thing *Grins*

- Gary Oldman was very good as Sirius! He can really play his role, and he looks just like him.

- The Dementors were satisfyingly scary and they lived up to their description. I have to admit that even though i knew Harry and the group would be okay, i was still slightly scared.

- The Time Turner sequence was done very well.

- Sirius in is Animagus Dog form was awesome. He was scary as he was meant to be before Harry knew that it was Sirius, but he looked handsome in a way. I guess i love Wolf like Dogs ^.~

- Hermione punching Malfoy, he deserved it. And i loved his expression, the little wimp. It was good they kept that scene, because it really shows that Hermione can kick butt.

Last edited:

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
  • Well they did put in a few amusing bits like the Wolf Cry.
    And also, time travel fitted in in the movie while in the book it didn't.

Phoenix Boy

Guess Whos Back..........
    Years
  • ~*Silent Tattsu*~ said:

*Sigh* Although i hate to admit it, i have to agree with you Skye.
    I would have loved the Films to be able to live up to the Books, but that is just not possible, J.K's works are too deep and detailed. You could never put the magic into the movies like you can in the Books. Not that the Movies are that bad, they have done a great job on them really =D

What i can't stand is the fact that they have to cut so much out of the movie, i was really dissapointed that some of my favourite bits weren't included. They only include the big important bits of the story, the smaller details are removed.

Well heres my review on the Movie -

- My god, Lupin a BALD Werewolf! I don't mean to sound as if i expected Lupin to change into a beautiful, noble Wolf...but at least something with hair! In Ootp isn't it mentioned that one identifying sign of a werewolf is a tufted tail? How can it have a tufted tail if it's BALD?! O_O

- It could've been longer. I mean, POA is a longer book than the first two, and yet they're longer movies. I wouldn't have minded an extra half an hour in the theatre, and we would've been able to see some scenes from the book that weren't in there. If you can read the books, which are very long and detailed, you can sit through a 3 hour movie. ><

- Please, don't tell me i'm the only one who wanted to strut into the movie and rip that horrible, ugly mustache off of Lupin! Anyone else?

- No Cedric Diggory, Cho Chang, Oliver Wood, Peeves or Sir Cadogan.. (I loved Cadogan, he was hilarious) I didn't even notice them!

- No Hogwarts Quidditch Cup.....no Harry winning it for them...no awkward but funny moment on the pitch between Harry and Cho...i mean how could they remove the Cup match?! It was one of my favourite parts!

- No explanation of Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs! No explenation on the story behind the Marauder's Map! I LOVED that part.

- I found the Shrieking Shack scene rather silly and corny IMO. I never remember Sirius and Lupin going biserk and Harry mistaking them for saying that they'd kill Harry, not Wormtail together. It was all so hysterical, and Lupin was calm and collected in the book, he did'nt act like a raving lunatic in that scene.

- The freeze frame ending and the whole fact that Harry GOT the Firebolt at the end bugged me slightly, i mean he recived the Firebolt in the middle of the book, i can't belive they put the scene at the end.

- Hermione was slightly out of character. I mean, no big bushy brown Hair, no bossyness, no ranting about Homework. She didn't act 100% right IMO.

- Ron, having his most famous (And might i add, the best one he had in the movie) line in Poa, in the Shrieking Shack scene, when he stands up bravely with his broken leg and says 'If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us too'
    I don't understand why Hermione had to have that line ><

- I was dissapointed that the whole story behind Lupin, his calm and kind personality and the great lessons he made for the students was rushed. But i guess they just couldn't fit it all in :/

Well Tatt lots of the charecters you metioned are i the 4th book.

and that iff you gonna kill harry stuff herminie hugged harry from behind it was could look kind if sick if ron did it
    and he did have a broken leg as was in the shock about scabbers

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Tatt, you've got some really good points, and I agree completely! I was really disappointed about the Quiddich Cup thing. Perhaps they'll stick it in the fourth movie somehow? I mean...how else is Cho going to be introduced? And Celdric, and all the other characters that weren't mentioned.

Somehow, I pictured Sirius as...taller maybe? Maybe he'll look a little better in the fourth movie, when he shaves off his beard and gets a haircut! ^^ Lupin...he looked a little young if you ask me. I dunno...

I thought the third book explained how Harry's dad was mean to Snape? Or was that book four? If it was in the third one...I'm thoroughly disappointed...I mean, that's a really important part!

I also enjoyed how the film was darker than the first two. I think the first two were fine, though, in terms of how dark they were. I meant the kids were 11 and 12 hardly the right age for "dark happenings."

I did enjoy it though. It's always nice to get a clear picture of what everything looks like. I was also excited to see a lot of stuff shot outside. I found the first two films to be a little claustrophobic, as most of the stuff was in the school. It was neat to see many of the scenes shot in the woods.

Okay...that's enough for now! I'm sure you are all tired of hearing me rant!

Zeo

Moron
    Years
  • I'm not much of a Fan, but when I saw the Movie with the Divination Teachers prediction...god that was creepy. less Satanic than I was hoping for. but they did a good job on the creepyness.

also I don't think the Movie had the same 'feel' of the previous 2. alot of the scenes made it look like a bunch of dirty film making muggles made a whole new set! **** Muggles.

Delirium

Perpetual Dream
    Years
  • You can't compare the third movie and the third book. The book is much, much, much better. The Prisioner of Azkaban is by far one of JK Rowling's best works. The ending is perfect! I mean when you're reading the book, you just can't imagine what's gonna happen next. In the Shrieking Shack chapters, I was so anxious to know what was going on that I turned to the next page just to read a phrase or something and then turned back to where I was reading. Insane suspense! All this atmosphere, however, was lost in the movie because they cut all good dialogues! I have to say I hated the movie for that. Shrieking Shack scene = many chapters in the book = around 5 minutes in the movie. Unforgivable... Lupin looked silly and the werewolf... omg, no comments on that. >.< horrible!

Not to say the actors did a very poor work. Harry/Hermione trying to be sad/crying were ridiculous! I started to laught cause they weren't convincing anyone at all!

Buckbeak was perfect, though! ^_^ the only good thing in the movie.

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • I'd have to say that the crying scene during Buckbeak's "beheading" wasn't convincing at all.

However, I thought the werewolf was terribly clever. I believe it is based on the Irish version of the werewolf...forgot where I heard that, but...yeah. I mean, JKR takes a rapid spin away from what is stereotypical to us as magical creatures, so I thought the werewolf was actually pretty neat. I expected Lupin's human form to be a little more...hairy I guess. I dunno.

But yeah, the movie wasn't terrible. They had to cut out a lot to make it run on time, and while I would have appreciated a longer more epic film, I understand their reasons for making it not so. I heard the fourth film is supposed to be in two two hour installments though, which should be good.

For me, the films aren't about including everything. They're for getting a clearer picture of what happens in the books.

Mew13

Aqua Trainer
    Years
  • OMG!! I have just learned the title of the 6th Harry Potter Book!!

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince!!

I have heard nothing on length of release date... but the title was confirmed by two different sources!!!

Skye

a dreamer...
    Years
  • Mew13 said:
    OMG!! I have just learned the title of the 6th Harry Potter Book!!

I have heard nothing on length of release date... but the title was confirmed by two different sources!!!

Right on! I heard something about that too! I'm so excited!

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
  • Mew13 said:
    OMG!! I have just learned the title of the 6th Harry Potter Book!!

My brother told me that! :)
    Apparantly, the 2nd book has hints in it about the new one!

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    O.o; Does anyone think the Half-blood Prince might be Voldemort? He's the only half-blood with a well-known record in the books. Could it be that Voldemort might be in a younger form? x_X

Jesus Freak Josh

Years
  • Maybe but if he doesn't have a wife, the story might become a bit naughty!

OOT: Skye that avatar is weirding me out!

Back