• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has this ever happened to you?

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    You can't release a Pokémon with a HM on it, it has been put in there to prevent people from getting stuck somewhere with no way of getting anywhere else, the same reason as you can't over-learn HM's, together with that the HM's would have Infinite PP that way, since you could just use the HM again to completely restore the PP of that move.
    The friendship rating also has absolutely nothing to do with that.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    umm....
    well heres an example:
    u have a UT Mespirit and u release it...
    u can find it in the wild but u will have a lower chance of finding it than finding a shiny!

Xoo

bam, baby!
    Years
    I guess that kinda discourages people from releasing their Pokemon. :P But I'm gonna go try to release my Infernape.

Years
    You CAN'T release starters, it's a super bond thing.
    Wrong.I released my Infernape on Diamond.

I never tried that before, maybe one day I will?

Anyways, I think I tried releasing a Rayquaza in Pokemon Pearl, but it wouldn't release because it knew Fly.
    Hmmph.The only way you'd get it back was by cloning a Rayquaza in Emerald and send it to Pearl.

BTW,I tried to release a Ditto on Diamond but it came back.

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    @ Xoo - ok lolz....
    but if its a starter it wont leave!

Starters can release in any game as long as they do not have two big hearts I believe. I remember releasing a newly hatched Piplup [with no HM moves] and I had no trouble releasing it. However, if the starter has two big hearts or HM moves, it will not release whatsoever.

Not knowing my Graveler knew an HM move, I tried releasing it a few days ago. I was going to take it to the Move Deleter, but I just ended up leaving it alone.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    OK LOLZ...
    i meant if it had that super-bond thing!
    but anyways let the stories rolling!

Artonkn

Sup.
    Years
    If i hate a pokemon but i loves me...i trade onto my under used pearl then release it... or care for it on my pearl. Or give it to a friend. Or (yes much or) keep him in the Day Care Centre for all of eternity! MWHAHAHAHA

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    lol ur true EVIL!!!!
    still looking for more experinces with pokemon not leaving!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    well that nice (did u EV train it or something)
    looks like im stuck with absol now im gona get some IV bred or egg moved off-spring so it looks like it came in handy!

Back