• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Has this ever happened to you?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    so ur trying to say i love it wen ur pokemon wont go away...
    aww...
    thats nice.
    LOLZ

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    so ur trying to say i love it wen ur pokemon wont go away...
    aww...
    thats nice.
    LOLZ

Well it is pretty cool that your pokemon just will not leave you, yes. Unless they're pokemon I really don't want, and is taking up space then it is kind of annoying. Otherwise it is a pretty cool thing they have.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Well alot of pokemon love u but looks like u hate the ones u love most.
    LOLZ

only joking.

MORE STORIES PEOPLE.

Morning Bliss u sure love this thread don't u?

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    It has 50% to do with HM's.
    If ur HM Slave knows Rock Smash and none of your other pokemon (including PC Boxes + Party) know it then it will not leave!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    It has 50% to do with HM's.
    If ur HM Slave knows Rock Smash and none of your other pokemon (including PC Boxes + Party) know it then it will not leave!

I never knew that before. That's probably why my Bidoof won't leave in Platinum yet. It's an amazing discovery I can tell you that. I guess I'll have to catch a Geodude or something like that so I can finally release my Bidoof.

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    yh ok just make sure u don't teach geodude HM or it won't leave lolz!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    If ur Pokemon knows Rock Smash and none of your other pokemon (including PC Boxes + Party) know it then it will not leave!

its an exapmle but it counts for any HM.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
    It's happened to me before. I had just finished up Diamond and my brother released my lvl 100 Infernape(had it from the beginging) and I got so mad at him. Then I turned on the game and Infernape was still there.

If you have a high friendship with your Pokemon, it will come back each time you try releasing it

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    I can't remember if it had ever happened to me while trying to actually release one (I think it did) but the one that made me the most angry was when I had first bought Diamond. I was migrating my Pokemon from Emerald to Diamnd, and when I got to Rayquaza I couldn't put him through because he knew fly XD So, I went to the forget guy, and tried to forget fly... but he kept telling me that Rayquaza did not want to forget fly... I was so sad lol T_T I had gotten Rayquaza all the way up to level 100 and was very proud of it, and I couldn't transfer it XD It took me about 10 minutes of messing around until I finally got the stupid move off of it lol :P

§

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2009
    Well, I guess this is a safety net in case you accidentally release your fave Pokemon.

jy909

Queen of Egg Moves
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2011
    I suppose, but it is still freakin' annoying.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I tried to release a psyduck that was just sitting in my box, and it came back. Instead of trying to release it again, I actually started using it just for that reason.

Quackyla

I like penguins and so do you!
    Years
    OMG OMG I ACCIDENTLY RELEASED MY INFERNAPE IT HAD A HM MOVE BUT IT NEVER CAME BACK!then i just turned off the game!

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    lol using a psyduck but golducks look cool but useless in battles.
    this has only happened to me once wen i tryed releasing a Lucario.

Fire Eagle

The Pokemon Legend
    Years
    It happened to me before, I put my Torterra into it to receive a Infernape, but I remembered that if it has a high friendship with you, it will come back. Now I have a Torterra once again, but the same one at least.

Back