• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Has this ever happened to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
Years
  • Some people at my school know that I like Pokemon, and I don't care. None of my friends act like they like Pokemon (except for one who doesn't go to my school), but when I start playing Ruby or Sapphire on my GBASP, they want to play it badly. :P

Pluslechu

Uuuh...Corn?
    Years
  • Yaaay free thinkers! ^_^ :P I'm in seventh grade now but when I was in 5th grade people would tease me about liking pokemon, like one time, some kid in my class said 'Hey Lindsey! Are you a pokemon master???" I just looked away, but he started telling his friends that I said yes and....ooh I didn't do anything about it, but it's always made me sooo mad... I mean, he was the most pokemon obsessed boy in class back in 3rd grade. Gosh, how could someone be sooo fickle?! Rar! *bites evil kid's head off* I switched schools because of stuff like that...recently I saw him in the bus line, and kicked him in the shins for being such a jerk a couple years ago ^_^ I didn't tell him why though, so I feel fine about it ^_^ It was nothing compared to all the times he tortured me before.... He and his friends took turns stepping on my head just because I liked pokemon!!! ._.;;

Years
  • no one comes over to my house. I'm Not very popular eather. The best thing I know students call me is "the smart kid" But No one knows I like pokemon but my family anjd my bro. likes it to, so I'm happy. :D :D :D :D :D

Years
  • Bleh..I don't care what anyone else thinks.My whole household knows about Pokemon,my mom knows just a few of them like Pikachu and Charmander.She even sells Pokemon videos on ebay,so I know my family doesn't care if I still like it.But I guess if I still went to school (i'm now homeschooled,nyah),people would probably tease me,but their opinions couldn't do anything to me.In truth,I never had anything at school really Pokemon-ish,but in elementary,people knew I drew pokemon all the time.So..hehe,in short..WHO CARES what others think!It's what you think that matters to you. :D

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • Legendary_Pokemaster said:
    Ok, so all of my friends have grown out of Pokemon. So I try to keep the fact that I still like it a secret. So whenever I have a friend over, I kick my Pokemon stuff under my bed or sumwhere. Then, someone finds out and tells everyone, and your stuck with the reputation of Pokemon geek. Yes... this topic came out of personal experiences... joy for me!

But has this or something like it ever happened to you?

Truthfully, I couldn't care less what people thought, its not like I go around my school screaming "I love pokemon!" But if they found out I wouldn't care, cause I don't care what people think. Here is an example:

Kid: Oh my gosh! You like pokemon!?!

FT: Yeah, so?

Kid: ...*chuckles*

Yeah, pretty much that is how I would handle it, cause the more embarrassed you are, the more they will laugh.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Yeah, that's how I would react also only a little different.

Kid:*gasps* You still like pokemon.
    PM1000: Yeah, and what about it....
    Kid: *shakes head then chuckles*
    PM1000: *gives kid a defiant stare*
    Kid: *starts running away*

BE PROUND OF WHAT YOU LIKE. ;)

Porygon

Banned
    Years
  • Pluslechu said:
    ?It was nothing compared to all the times he tortured me before.... He and his friends took turns stepping on my head just because I liked pokemon!!! ._.;;
    I'd probably get tortured for liking Pok?mon? the fact that I'm an imposing 6'4" doesn't mean anything when people know I'm weak?

I guess people like us are just martyrs for the cause.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Anyone who would waste their time bothering someone about what they like is just immature. Who gives a care about what they think?! They're just ordinary people that are no better than you. =\ And most likely they have or secretly do still like Pokemon, or maybe even some weird show like BoohBah! (Okay, I'm going too far.) But the point is, be proud of the things that you like. Even if someone insults you, just ignore them. Trust me, I'm sure that they'll forget about it someday, and if they don't, they seriously need to get a life.

I wear my Pokemon shirts all the time, and if any of my friends or relatives come over, my Pokemon things won't be going anywhere. We like something to please ourselves, not anyone else.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
  • well really, the main reason is i sorta have, an arch enemy as u may, who bugs me enough all ready, not like the snikering and stuff like that. the real deal, he calls me names i dare not mention and hits me for some unkown reason. this may make me sound like a wimp, even though im 2wice his size. he finds it enjoyable when i stand up to him. and him finding out i like pokemon is just another thing he can bug me about. (thankgoodness when i go to high school next year, hes goin to a different school!)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 13, 2006
    Legendary_Pokemaster said:
    well really, the main reason is i sorta have, an arch enemy as u may, who bugs me enough all ready, not like the snikering and stuff like that. the real deal, he calls me names i dare not mention and hits me for some unkown reason. this may make me sound like a wimp, even though im 2wice his size. he finds it enjoyable when i stand up to him. and him finding out i like pokemon is just another thing he can bug me about.

Well, show that kid not to mess with you. I mean your twice his size right? :P

Greed

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2008
    I don't care what people think.

My friends know I like Pokemon *just a little bit now* People tease me about it and I tell em to stick their foot in their mouth and suck on it O_o;;

That's a weird threat, huh? ^_^;;

*dies*

im1337

Only 1337 nothing more
    Years
  • i dont realy care that my friends know i like pokemon still i always joke about it and stuff just my mum that i am embarased about knowing i like it still =P

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    Well, it doesn't matter.
    I like Pokemon.
    Pokemon hater? who care. =P
    Unless they gimme some money or car...heheh XP

Moonlit_Angel

EVIL Queen of Darkness
    Years
  • I hide it at school. Of course, they would consider me a geek if they knew. Even if I played the games, they'd still laugh at me. Sensitive people. :tired:
    I have a friend who used to like Pokemon, but she said it was getting boring. Of course, she usually does that, but gets into it again. She knows I like it, and doesn't make fun of me. She's a true friend. She excepts it. Gah, this reminds me. I haven't talked to my friend in over 3 months! What happened!? I think something musta happened to their phone..... or I dunno. :\
    Y'know, Pokemon isn't for little kids. It's not a fad like Yu-Gi-Oh, or something like that. The Cartoon was made for a young audience, but the Trading Cards and Games and such are made for older people. You can't "Grow Out Of It." But still, I hide all evidence that I like Pokemon from the public. No signs. Really, I don't like to be pointed fingers at. I HATE that! :confused:

sdp

raver
    Years
  • I remember i used to be ashamed of liking pokemon when i was in 7th and 8th grade, but once i got into high school i don't really give a **** what anyone thinks. I'm 18 now, actually most girls think it's "cute" so that's a plus, other people just think it's weird but it's not jr high anymore i don't get teased, and if i did i could probably find something A LOT worse than "he like spokemon lsolsololololo loliez!!111"

Don't be afraid.

Teara

First visit in 4 years (oops)
    Years
  • Someone found out that I liked Pokemon a couple years ago and I was teased about it a little but mostly by the popular people that use others as ways to get attention. Teara stepd in and gave them a speech similar to Kayleigh's, since everyone always follows her they left me alone and I even managed to get a couple of them to like it themselves.

Years
  • only 3 kids in mah school knows...
    here is m y situation
    Kid:*gasps* You still like pokemon.
    I?: What u gonna do about it?
    Kid: *shakes head then chuckles*
    Kid: *walks away*
    I?: *runs and beats up kid*
    Teacher: *gasp* what happened here?
    I?: *looks innocent* I dont know I was just getting my books
    Teacher: Better get the janitor to clean up this ketchup and crepe paper...
    I?: yeah... ketchup and crepe paper...
    **IMAKUNI? RUNS OFF**

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back