• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    My Silver died...
    Well it was put in a washing machine anyways... But i think it just drained the power from the battery faster than normal.. My gold was working the last time i played it.. But that was months ago. Its most likely dead now. But i have them as ROMs, which is good.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2013
    All my internal batteries still work... my oldest game is a Blue edition from 1998 (I think), so you can think what quality it is. And yes, I played this edition excessively, still up to today. I wonder how long this battery will be operating.
    I think of buying a new Red or Blue edition on amazon or elsewhere, so that I don´t have to kill that old one.

{Swan}

I Never Asked For This.
    Years
    I bought my Silver copy when it first came out and it's still going strong! I have another one from a friend which is also still running. I guess I'm just lucky, eh?

Jarin

In ur DS, stealin ur pogymons!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    My Blue and Crystal's internal batteries have died, but not my Gold. I've had that one for 8 years so far and he's still going and going :P

Finnel

Years
    I've had my Crystal now for... I don't know, years, got it when it was first released, and the battery hasn't died yet. Even though I play it a lot.

Makes me happy and sad at the same time, happy that it hasn't died yet and sad knowing that it will eventually.

Sapphir

Hat thief
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    My Red, Gold, and Crystal still all work fine with their original battery.

Guosuto-chan

Identified by SILPH SCOPE
    Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    I find this very interesting. Christmas 1998 I received Blue version. 101 hours logged over 10 years and the battery is still kicking. Sometime in 2001 I bought Silver. After about five years and maybe 50 hours the battery died. I bought a Red version from a friend when I was 12, but the battery in that was dead when I got it. I plan on replacing that soon...

cuplampghosthunt

<--I don't know what this is
    Years
    • Seen May 14, 2012
    My Gold's still going strong afer fifty hours, and none of my game's except silver have run out of battery.

As for Silver? I got a used copy of it for my birthday. The internal battery was already dead.

as2

Years
    • Seen Oct 15, 2009
    The battery on the Silver I bought late last year has died, but the yellow i got at the same time soldiers on! woo. I wonder how long for! :(

Years
    Man... I haven't checked my Blue in a long time. RBY can really die? =x
    As for GSC, I bought them in this order:
    Gold, Crystal, and then Silver (I don't know why... XD).

I checked them out like a month ago... Gold is dead, lol, the save file is gone. Crystal is still there, but I played Crystal more than Gold so I'm too afraid to touch it... XP
    I actually restarted a game in Silver at that time and started to get really attached to it but the whole internal battery thing frightened me... so I stopped playing it. ^^;;

I don't know where you find those batteries... or who can replace them for me... ): Boo.

pokerus34

Labyrinthine Rhapsody
    Years
    My first game, Pokemon Yellow, died today... :(

In memory of Pokemon Yellow...

Bought: February 11, 2003
    Dried: April 25, 2009

A loving cartridge and a good game...

P.S. = Well, go for Platinum! :)

.:Kanto:.

I'm back, yet again!
    Years
    wow.. someone remade my old thread o_o

anyway.. I've had Silver die on me, and when I bought Gold, the battery was dead! :(

but the nice guys and good ol' Gametraders repaired both of my games for a small fee of $10 per game :)

And my Crystal is still running fine :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back