• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Has your internal battery died yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fredu999

Pro Drummer
Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    In my Gold yes and it was so frustrating because i had caught something like 235 Pokes in it. Argh...

Years
  • My Silver version still works. Though, I bought it at EB games not too long ago. (Probably a year-3 years ago. It was $10, but it works fine.) I'm sorry for those who don't have one that works. :( At least there are remakes coming out.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Silver: Will load up and play, but not save.
    Gold: Won't even load up.
    Crystal: Will load up and play, but you have to save often or it won't continue.

Randurro

スペースをとるこ? ??
    Years
  • Yep. All mine have burnt out and when any of my local game stores have copies they too have dead internal batteries so I just emulate when I feel like playing them.

*Nayz*

a.k.a L_Judah
    Years
  • nope, not yet. but I also haven't played any of them in a while. Red does freeze on occasion. Crystal, the small screw holding the cartridge together fell out but it still plays as long as I slide all the pieces in the GBA together

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2009
    Yeah, unfortunately.

My Pokemon Gold and Crystal games died. It really sucked, because I had a few awesome lvl 100's and shinies. :\

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2016
    My internal battery for my old crystal ran out.

so i went and bought another crystal! and the internal battery works!

yay!

way to quote myself.
    this new crystal still has a working internal battery. sadly, after i beat Blue in viridian........
    the save file CORRUPTED stupid brother! (he turned it off)
    and i just gave up. so i have a working crystal. internal battery intact
    but no save file (hooray for emulation!)

Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    but the nice guys and good ol' Gametraders repaired both of my games for a small fee of $10 per game :)

Yes the local Gametraders store where I live repair damaged consoles and games for a decent fee.

I've never had an issue with any of my Pokémon games. I currently have every Pokémon game including Pocket Monsters Green (Japan release). Although I keep all of my games in pristine condition.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 23, 2023
    My Yellow, Blue, and Crystal version all still work. Yellow I've had for the longest. I'm afraid of the battery dieing in my Yellow version though because it contains my original save file from when I bought it!

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    just found out today that my silver died...so sad...and with HG/SS coming out in a yr or so i wanted to reply the old ones...

cant find my gold version ><, and i dun feel like restarting crystal cuz there still are good poke's in that game ><

Jahool

Is Now Accepting Donations
    Years
  • as far as i know none of my pokemon games are dead wich includes:red,blue,yellow,gold,crystal,firered,leafgreen,ruby,saphire,and emerald (also the ds ones but i dont think they can die)

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2009
    Silver won't load.

Crystal does :D I am in a race to beat it before it does. I knocked out 4 gyms yesterday.

So will RBE eventually die?

wnxvale

Lugia...Aeroblast!
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2010
    fixed my silver version yesterday and works like new...
    thank you screwdrivers, watch batteries and duct tape xD

HarrisonH

I doubt Pokemon will be a hit
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Feb 1, 2013
    The only ones I know for sure that died were Gold and Silver. My Gold went missing and turned up in a ditch. My Silver was the last one I had left from when my mom decided to sell my GBA and all my games with it. I had all of the first two generations in pretty good condition...

Years
  • I only have my Crystal version left but the internal battery hasn't completely died yet. The clock doesn't work anymore so I have to set the clock every time I play the game but I still have my save file which is more important.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back