• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haunted House V.2 -- The Ghost-type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2014
    Oh my goodness, how can I forget the Pokemon Tower chapter? One of my favorite chapters. xP I was rather disappointed they didn't do the Marowak's ghost story, but oh wellz.

When it comes to battling, how do you think Ghosts can improve?
    If I can't answer old topics, slap me.
    The only good (PP-wise, power-wise, accuracy-wise) attack is Shadow Ball, which is 80 power. Psychic gets 90 power. That's not fair. B[ Like what Tyknight said, they need a stronger attack.

I want to post a new topic now, but I'm afraid too many topics will turn off interest. /will lie in wait, muahahahaha

Slaps System

About the Marawak story, what came first, the anime, the manga or the video games? And please no one say the concept came first...

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
  • Can I join??

Username: Sotto Voce
    Why do you want to join?: I tried to join in v.1, but I didn't take the time to look and observe that it died. xD
    How active will you be?: I'm pretty active--I check in at least once a day (most of the time).
    Partner Pokemon?: Dusknoir
    Partner's Nickname [optional]?:

Haaaiii, Sotto Voce! ◕◡◡◕
    *Tosses confetti.*
    Welcome to the Haunted House! I just love getting new members so I'M HAPPY YOU'RE HERE!

No, it's fine ItsaLie. You're welcome to toss confetti with me. 8D

So I can post Topics now?! Starts to throw confetti, stops and realizes that idea is already in use and posts a smily instead :classic:

I have a question about posting a new topic though, how long do you have to wait before posting a new topic?

As for going up in rank maybe:
    Spook-Bad Dream: post 1 topic and 3 other posts
    Bad Dream-Nightmare: post 5 topics and 15 other posts
    Nightmare-Night Terror: post 15 topics and 50 others posts
    (Maybe thats to much for the last one...)

Yeah, anyone (except scaredy cats. But then, scaredy cats can't post topics anyway because they are not active...) can post topics. I think we should keep it to one or two topics per day, just so that members can keep track of and have a chance to share their opinion on each one.

Also, Tyknight said something about basing one's rank on how active they are and/or a point system. I'd like to synthesize parts of this idea with parts of yours and the two topic-per-day limit I suggested. Here's what the result would look like.

(Based on Tyknight's suggestion) Posts are divided into two categories: topics and replies. Topics are worth five points, replies are worth one point. So, it goes without saying that the more active you are, the more points you will receive. (Based on my suggestion) Only two topics can be posted in the span of 24 hours, meaning only two people can gain five points from posting a topic on any given day. The rest of the points will be accumulated through your replies. The number of replies you can leave are unlimited. (Based on ItsaLie's suggestion) However, depending on your rank, the total number of topics you can make as a member of this club is limited. This is to ensure that new members aren't just creating new topics everyday and are actually participating in the conversations. The number of points needed to go up in rank are as follows:

"Spook-Bad Dream: post 1 topic and 3 other posts" (total of 12 points)
    Bad Dream-Nightmare: post 5 topics and 15 other posts"
    (total of 40 points)
    Nightmare-Night Terror: post 15 topics and 50 others posts"
    (total of 125 points)

I... hope that wasn't too confusing, lulz. And this system is just a prototype. I understand the points needed to go up in rank may seem... like a lot, so we can work on that. I want everyone to participate. :D

Also, should extra points be given out to those who submit graphics, fanart, ect?

About the Marawak story, what came first, the anime, the manga or the video games? And please no one say the concept came first...

*Hangs head* Sorry, I don't know which came first. :/ I want to say it was the manga or video game.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • D: Holy wow I've missed a lot. Sorry for being gone the past couple of days-- I had some computer issues to clear up.

Anyway, topic answering time!

What was your favorite moment in the anime that featured a ghost Pokemon?
    I liked the Tower of Terror episode, simply due to the EMMENSE SHOWING OF GHOSTIES and the fact that Gastly and its kin were all loony and just wanted fun. I think that's what endeared me to ghost-types when I was a wee littlekins. 8B;

What was your favorite moment in the anime or manga that featured a ghost Pokemon?
    Manga: I have to go with the Gastly that was making zombies in Pokemon Tower. That was just creeeepy as heck and yet totally awesome (and shows how epicly cool the manga can make Pokemon out to be, too! *nodnod*).

EDIT: I'll come give my input into ranking systems... uh... later. D: I'm sorry, my brain is kind of frizzled and topics are easier to not think as much 'bout at the moment.

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
  • Username: Roserade
    Why do you want to join?: I'm the biggest ghost Pokemon fan. Don't argue. I really am.
    How active will you be?: 24/7 active.
    Partner Pokemon?: Sableye
    Partner's Nickname [optional]?: Yamirami
    Terror I say! Terror!

Last edited:

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
  • Oh ho ho! What a bold statement, Roserade. The biggest Ghost Pokemon fan, you say? Well, I can't really argue with that. Since I'm sure you and I aren't the only ones who consider ourselves as much.

....But you've given me an idea. I think it would be interesting if we held a tournament of some sort, and the winner can be crowned the Ghost FCs gym leader...!

*Also, dons a tutu; tosses confetti.*

Welcome to the FC, BTW. :D

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2014
    ....But you've given me an idea. I think it would be interesting if we held a tournament of some sort, and the winner can be crowned the Ghost FCs gym leader...!

Maybe we could have some kind of wifi/ online battle simulator pokemon tournement where your team could only consist of ghost pokemon? (personally I don't have a ds so it would have to be online for me)
    What do you guys think?

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
  • Maybe we could have some kind of wifi/ online battle simulator pokemon tournement where your team could only consist of ghost pokemon? (personally I don't have a ds so it would have to be online for me)
    What do you guys think?

Aw... do you think you'll get a DS soon? Perhaps we can use Shoddy. I've never used it before but I've heard some things about it. Using an online simulator is probably the best way to go anyhow. I don't think you can use hacked Pokemon on Shoddy.

Years
  • Username: Hybrid Trainer
    Why do you want to join?: ghost types are my favourite
    How active will you be?: as active as i can be
    Partner Pokemon?: Haunter
    Partner's Nickname [optional]?: Spectre

Edin

NNNGOOOHHH!
    Years
  • Username: Hybrid Trainer
    Why do you want to join?: ghost types are my favourite
    How active will you be?: as active as i can be
    Partner Pokemon?: Haunter
    Partner's Nickname [optional]?: Spectre

Added, welcome to the club. :>
    Clever way of working in the club password, BTW. ;D
    *Sparkly confetti for you.*

I'm logging off now, gaiz. I'll be back to discuss more stuff later. Adieu.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • "But maaawm, I don't wanna be a gym leader! I want to be CHAMPION!"

Hey, I thought of a bold question!

Who is your favorite ghost-type trainer in the games and why are they your favorite?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Also, in regards to ranks... I do rather like ethium's system:

Bad Dream-Nightmare: post 5 topics and 15 other posts" (total of 40 points)
    Nightmare-Night Terror: post 15 topics and 50 others posts" (total of 125 points)"

And the way it is designed to limit people spamming up the place with bold topics just to get a new rank. Discussions are obviously needed to keep a fanclub alive (and of course being FANS of the thing in the club), so this would do alright, I think.

Now, on another topic I've been curious about...

I have been wondering, since I'm only active in two clubs and have been for all of my forum-going-career... what are partner Pokemon for?

EDIT: Geeze, I'm working on one post and already we're at two pages? xD *reads up the conversation again*

Last edited:

Sotto Voce

woohoo!!
    Years
  • "But maaawm, I don't wanna be a gym leader! I want to be CHAMPION!"

Hey, I thought of a bold question!

Who is your favorite ghost-type trainer in the games and why are they your favorite?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Also, in regards to ranks... I do rather like ethium's system:

Bad Dream-Nightmare: post 5 topics and 15 other posts" (total of 40 points)
    Nightmare-Night Terror: post 15 topics and 50 others posts" (total of 125 points)"

And the way it is designed to limit people spamming up the place with bold topics just to get a new rank. Discussions are obviously needed to keep a fanclub alive (and of course being FANS of the thing in the club), so this would do alright, I think.

Now, on another topic I've been curious about...

I have been wondering, since I'm only active in two clubs and have been for all of my forum-going-career... what are partner Pokemon for?

EDIT: Geeze, I'm working on one post and already we're at two pages? xD *reads up the conversation again*

First: what are partner pokemon for?:
    Just for kicks and giggles I suppose. (laughs) But no, really, I guess that's just the thing to do--maybe it gives the member more......dimension/personality (no, WHAT'S THE WORD I WANNA USE???), ya know what I mean? It's sort a reflection of yourself; a little something to give yourself identity(?). (I'm putting too much thought into this! XD Maybe it just gives ya an opportunity to show what kind of pokemon you like. Or something.

Wow, what a rambler am I! Next time I'll try to answer a question I actually know the answer to! xP

Oh wait here's another topic that we could answer (is that okay if I do this??):

What are your favorite ghost-type pokemon?
    I think that maybe it'd be obvious just looking at the member's partner pokemon, but really, I was stuck between Drifblim and Dusknoir.

I like Mismagius too. :D And Spriritomb. And Gengar was my favorite once upon a time.

I have this thing with liking almost any pokemon--not gonna lie. D: Although I DO have my favorites at least.

But it's so hard to CHOOSE. (just kidding) (sort of)

But the rank thing is pretty awesome. And I like the idea of having a tourney. That would be SO COOL. *grins*

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • *reads the rambling* That would make sense... *squeezehugs Taunter*

If it is not obvious from my signature and partner Pokemon, this answer is Haunter. Specificly a certain dark violet, green mouthed Haunter, but that's a tale for another time.

Why? It's design-- all the Pokemon I like have to do with asethics, or their appearance in simple terms. There's something that draws me to a disembodied "head" with spikes and floating hands that can nom your life force if it gets hungry. o3o

Second is of course Gastly, followed then by Mismagius, Dusknoir, and Banette.

System!

HM....................... .....
    Years
  • owwie.

The game was the first (and only) to present the Marowak story. I remember that an NPC tells the player that the Cubone's mother was killed by the Rockets. Hence the Marowak haunting the tower.

Wi-fi? I prolly can't do that. :( I know nothing about wi-fi.

Rotom. It's partially due to the fact that I read a creepy and presumably true ghost story that a kid was woken up by his TV turning on. Stuff just gets WTF from there. You'll never look at the Muppets the same way again.
    And there was this one fanfic where a malicious Rotom terrorizes a trainer and her pokemon in the Old Chateau. You can find it at PC's fanfic forum.
    Banette. I was inspired by another ghost story (actually multiple ghost stories) about a possessed doll. Just go to any ghost story website and look for stories about dolls. 8)
    Others include Dusknoir, Mismagius, and Gengar.

Agatha. I liked her evil old hag-ness and her dual Ghost/Poison types. poison's, liek, my favorite
    She's also downright creepeh in the manga. She also has an interesting personality, showing to have had a possible crush on Oak.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • Agatha and Prof. Oak, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G--
    What if Agatha is secretly the rival's grandmother? :O

Ahem, semi-unrelated-speculation aside...

And there was this one fanfic where a malicious Rotom terrorizes a trainer and her pokemon in the Old Chateau. You can find it at PC's fanfic forum.

I read that story last week, as a matter of fact. It was grotesque, realistic, and scary as heck (nightmare fuel, anyone?), but it was an excellent read!

*high-fives the fact that System! likes Agatha the best* I'm totally in your boat. Of course, she had to have the dual-typing due to Gastly's line not being pure-ghost, but nonetheless that whole line is cool, and...

For some reason, I'm tickled by the fact that she has a short fuse. :D

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2014
    Agatha and Prof. Oak, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G--
    What if Agatha is secretly the rival's grandmother? :O

Ahem, semi-unrelated-speculation aside...

I read that story last week, as a matter of fact. It was grotesque, realistic, and scary as heck (nightmare fuel, anyone?), but it was an excellent read!

LMFAO that is so true :P
    I also read that fanfic and I really enjoyed it. I agree that is was very gruesome. ethium should put a link to it on the post. Which Death do you think was the most horrific? I thought it was a tie between the last one (wash form) and the first one (heat form)

Aw... do you think you'll get a DS soon? Perhaps we can use Shoddy. I've never used it before but I've heard some things about it. Using an online simulator is probably the best way to go anyhow. I don't think you can use hacked Pokemon on Shoddy.

It might be a while until I get a DS, because I just got a Laptop and I don't want to spend my savings.

*Ahem* On topic

What is your ghost type pokemon trainer?
    I would have to say that Agatha is my favorite by far (high fives D-Gexe and System!)
    She's old, but still has that battling flare.
    IDK she's just plain epic ;0

What are your favorite ghost type Pokemon?
    We'll obviously Misdreavus is my favorite, I really like the colors on it and also its mischeavus personality. I also like Gegar and Dusknoir cause they're Spoooooooookky ;)

Last edited:

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • LMFAO that is so true :P
    I also read that fanfic and I really enjoyed it. I agree that is was very gruesome. ethium should put a link to it on the post. Which Death do you think was the most horrific? I thought it was a tie between the last one (wash form) and the first one (heat form)

Ahem... *thinks that far back* I think it might've been the fridge-Rotom and the wash-rotom, for a tie. Those are both gruesome, horrid ways to die (and the fridge-one's methodology caught me off guard; original way of doing things, but yuck...)

*high fives Itsalie back* Hooray, Agatha is beating everyone else out! *shot*

System!

Years
  • I also read that fanfic and I really enjoyed it. I agree that is was very gruesome. ethium should put a link to it on the post. Which Death do you think was the most horrific? I thought it was a tie between the last one (wash form) and the first one (heat form)

and here's the fic for the interested

They were all rather gruesome to read. The wash one was pretty sad though. ;.;

Agatha's got the majority so far. I was expecting everyone to choose Morty the pothead.

DGexe

Taunter
    Years
  • XD Sorry, System, but as cool a Morty is, an old lady who has a short fuse and can STILL kick your butt seems to be the crowd favorite.

Morty is just... Morty. Yes, he's a ghost type gym leader, and that alone is awesome, but his powers are just... kind o' dull. Precognitive in nature, but there's no real show of them.

At least with Sabrina and the Psychic trainer class, we get to see their powers at work (in the sprite and art work at least). Ontop of that, Morty is a human-item-finder in the manga, essentially. How is that even remotely cool? <:U *pats Morty on the back* Love ya, man, but your ghost-exposure that led to your abilities just isn't that epic.

System!

Years
  • Actually, I don't have that high of an opinion of Morty. As you said, DGexe, he's...well, dull. I mean, yeah, he has psychic powers, but...it's not interesting. I don't hate him or anything, he's just "bleh." He just gets a lot of love from the fans cuz he's good-looking.

Agatha > Morty, anyway. Scary old ladies FTW.

Speaking of Agatha, there was this one time in the PokeSpe club when we speculated whether Agatha IS indeed Green's grandmother or not. It led me to creating a lolwut scenario.

~Merilyn

Pokemon Misted Amethyst
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2014
    I also feel Morty is far inferioror to Agatha.
    Why? Lets look at both their script's

Morty said:
    "Good of you to have come. Here in ECRUTEAK, POKEMON have been
    revered. It's said that legendary POKEMON will appear to the
    truly powerful trainers. I believed that tale, so I have secretly
    trained here all my life. As a result, I can now see what others
    cannot."

"Just a bit more... With a little more, I could see a future
    in which I meet the legendary POKEMON. You're going to help me
    reach that level!"

Morty seems a little full of himself, what with preaching about his superiority... Also how will defeating one trainer help him "see a future"
    It doesn't really make sense. plus he doesn't have a Misdreavus...

Agatha said:
    "I am AGATHA of the ELITE FOUR! OAK's taken a lot of interest in
    you, child! That old duff was once tough and handsome! That was
    decades ago! Now he just wants to fiddle with his POKEDEX!
    He's wrong! POKEMON are for fighting!"

"RED! I'll show you how a real trainer fights!"

Now Agatha on the other hand is just saying she's going to give you a good battle intead of dreaming about ledgendary pokemon.
    also she's old and she's dissing another old person and thats just plain epic

Agatha>Morty
    Well thats my take on it anyway

~ItsaLie

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back