• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Have you done anything with your PokeWalker yet?

So... have you?

• Total voters

Eyaare

2278-8839-7724
Years
  • DUDE! I love that thing, it's like Tomagotchi and the Dreamcast VMU got drunk, and laid an egg on the front porch of Nintendo!!!
    (BTW, that's how electronics reproduce. Eggs.)

I just shake it repeatedly 'till it gives me what I want.

Not very good for leveling, though, it's only ever given one level after a use.

Connecting it is a hassle, it have to be just right, pointed RIGHT AT THE GAME CARD on a FLAT SURFACE, and it will accept no less or more.

But overall cool. I can't believe they gave that thing away free with the game!

It's so kewl!

Although, have to admit, the find pokemon feature is kinda like a one trick pony[ta]. Like, you use it, and it gives you one of, like, two pokemon, a common and a rare, and then they basically do the same thing, and all flee from the same moves. Seems like someone doesn't like extensive programming.

ArmchairRomeo

Aura Master
    Years
  • Sure have. Transferred a Pidgey, found a nice little Kangaskhan on my second try (first was a cowardly Sentret that ran away). Plan on transferring the event Jirachi over once I get far enough to trade. (I haven't really been concentrating on the game that much.)

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I put my Mareep (Beacon) on it earlier and got two items plus a Venonat in 2000 steps. I already have my Bayleef (Ginger) on it and on mute, for school tomorrow.

Muffin™

Knows your age
    Years
  • Guess what I just found out! That the Pokemon inside the PokeWalker only level up by one! WHY THE HELL DID YOU THIS NINTENDO, WHY!!! I WANTED TO LEVEL UP MY DITTO TO LEVEL 100!!! D':

Oh, just found out they didn't do that because Nintendo didn't want a Lv. 100 Pokemon versing a trainer :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2023
    I walked my dog with it... I got like 94 watts, and unlocked the rocky path or whatever...

I'm planning on going for a bike ride in a bit... to see how that works. I got a togepi on it, for no reason, really.

Midnight Jog

Poké-Baller!
    Years
  • I clipped it to my belt today, ay school. Haha. I put my Togepi in it. It only gained one lvl, since I was just walking from class-to-class ):

silvanarrow

A figment of your imagination
    Years
  • I told myself I wouldn't do it, but I transferred my Wooper to it and clipped it onto my belt before I left my apartment to walk to class. I racked up a ton of watts and found a couple of items. I don't mind too much that the Pokemon only gains one level, since I don't have to worry about it forgetting an important level-up move.

Needless to say, I'm addicted now and will use that thing all the time. Who cares that I'm in college? ;-P

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020
    It can only gain one level while in the PokeWalker.

Anyway, I just unlocked Suburban and I like it so far. But I just don't understand about the steps, is it steps you have walked today or in that course or what?

WiiMann

I gots Heart Gold!! ^_^
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 29, 2012
    Haha yup, wore it to school today.
    I've logged 10k steps caught like 6 pkmn and found 6 items.
    And lvled my Butterfree, Pidgey, and Togepi is in it right now.
    I thought it would be kinda lame but its nice to have tht little dose of pkmn during school hours.

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    I have walked 29,000 steps with it since I have started using it yesterday, opened up a couple roads... currently, I am using it with my Togepi in order to make it happy enough to evolve.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    No Joke, The first Pokemon I caught on the PKWALKER was a shiny Furret! OMG!

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I have. What dissapoints me is that you can level up by one per Stroll.

I can't train fast enough. =(

But what I like about it is that you can find PKMN Early like Pontya in there. Pontya shows up @ Lv.40 on Route 27.

Haha yup, wore it to school today.
    I've logged 10k steps caught like 6 pkmn and found 6 items.
    And lvled my Butterfree, Pidgey, and Togepi is in it right now.
    I thought it would be kinda lame but its nice to have tht little dose of pkmn during school hours.
    I know, right? =D
    I mess with it during classtime.

Last edited:

FireApe2135

Poke-Elite
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2014
    And its legal in school because you can say it is a pedometer and teachers can't take it away!!!

Back