• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you read Harry Potter?

Have you read Harry Potter?

• Nope,

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Yes, normal book, like any other!

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Yes, great Book!

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Yes, it's the BEST BOOK EVER!!

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti

return of the king
Years
I read the first two awhile back. They were pretty decent though quite overrated imo. Still, I quite enjoyed them so I can't complain ^___^

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 12, 2018
Read each book up to 6 only once, then stopped reading the books fully , and went straight to the end, which generally told me all i needed to know anyways

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
Read them and loved them all. Got me interested in reading again, and I'm thankful for that. Though the ending was slightly cliched, I believed it was fitting.

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
I read them, reread them and enjoyed them all. I bought the last three books exactly when they came out, at midnight. The ending on the sixth book was a bit too unrealistic for me and the seventh book was just crazy in comparison to the realism the first few books provided us with, even if it was a book based on magic. I felt disappointed that Rowling thought she had to kill off characters to make the book a proper book, but that was her decision and nothing anyone said nor pleaded could have changed that.

Good books. My favourite would probably be The Goblet of Fire.

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 27, 2011
I read them all in about 2 months... I'm a VERY fast reader.

They were really good! I even went to the opening of the last book, and got a cool T-Shirt.

Suzume

Fire Fist
Years
I read them all in about 2 months... I'm a VERY fast reader
During the last summer vacation, I read books 1, 2, 3, 6 and a third of book 4 within a week. :D Of course, it was summer vacation, so I didn't do almost anything else than read. But I've never considered myself as fast reader. Maybe I'm just a no-life. :P

But getting to the point, I've read them all at least two times, most of them three or four times. I like Harry Potter series, because they are just so easy to read. You just get hooked up and want to know what happens next. They are pretty overrated though, but since when are the best books the most popular ones? Harry Potter is popular because it's not too deep and realistic for the children, but it also isn't too childish for the adults.

My first Harry Potter was The Chamber of secrets or whatever it's name is in english. ;) I got it on my 10th birthday, but I just looked at he cover and though it seemed boring. (I got some other stuff for a present that day I was more exited about) Later, when my mom started to read it aloud to me and my little brother, I got hooked right after the first chapter and read the rest on my own. After the 3rd book, Sirius became my favourite character, but I also liked Lupin. The main problem about Harry Potter for me is that I've never really loved any of the main characters. I think they're just okay.
SPOILER: I cried a lot when Sirius and Lupin died. Damn you Rowling, why did you have to kill all my favourite characters? But still, I like the way the series ended. I could clearly see the final scene in my mind while reading it.

I've never really liked the movies. Something just doesn't feel right about them. I almost laughed through the whole 3rd movie, because everybody looked so different than I had imagined. And the dementors can't FLY, for god's sake! The recent movies have just been confusing, because there's so much happening in them. That's just what happens when you try to make a movie of a book that is so thick.

Years
I've read & re-read all of them about a billion times. I love them. I remember the awsome VIP parties for those who reserved the book. I remember staying up until like 2 am to finish the last book. XD

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
now I read sci fi stuff like Starcraft and Enders Game.
<3 Much love.

I've read the Harry Potter books, mostly the first three, during that really long break Rowling had between books. The series isn't my absolute favorite book series of all time, nor are they my favorite fantasy series of all time, nor even my favorite teens-are-wizards! series.

The first three books will be the ones that I remember the most, since I read those over and over, and the fact that they were simple reads. The story was just a nice one to read.

The seventh book was almost near-torture for me to get through. There wasn't much to keep my interest with the main trio wandering around the woods and having teenage angsty problems. And the epilogue of that book was weak and read like an average fanfiction. Even if Rowling wanted to keep the epilogue's finish for the plot, she should have at least edited it to get it up to the same standard as the rest of her writing.

I've only seen the first two movies, so I can't really make that much of a comment on them. Except for the fact that they're on at least one channel on television every week.

But hey, Harry Potter got more people to read than usual. So I'm not going to complain too much.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
I love Harry Potter! It is one of the best books so far I read! I like R. J. Lupin because he can turn into a werewolf.

Years
For all you people who think there are better books then Harry potter you are wrong! Harry potter is as good as it gets!

Hikari318

Eevee Breeder
Years
Love the books, hate the fandom <3

I discovered the series before it was popular. I'm not sure I'm 100% happy it became so well-known, but on the other hand the movies would probably not be so good if it wasn't, so...

e-MeR

<html>LONG STORY</html>
Years
I read the first book and watched the first movie.Then i gave up reading and watching the Harry Potter stuff.(Maybe because of the movie.LoL)I mean it was not that amazing in my opinion.Though i can not say it was really bad!

Suki

I'm gonna make it.
Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2019
Yeah I've read them all. Took me less than a day to read the last one. Or just about a day.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
Years
I read each one in about a week. im only 12 and reading on highschool-college level. But I really don't like it even though I read it all. I'm just that much into fantasies like that

Years
Sadly, I have found the HP movies boring ever since Prisoner.
The entire series makes for great reading, but my favorite series is not Harry Potter.
My favorite series is about wizards though. And its not Eragon (the Inheritance books).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back