• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you read Harry Potter?

Have you read Harry Potter?

• Nope,

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • Yes, normal book, like any other!

Votes: 13 18.8%
  • Yes, great Book!

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • Yes, it's the BEST BOOK EVER!!

Votes: 15 21.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Yes I have read Harry Potter book one time because I was in a smart mood. I will never read another Harry Potter book not saying it is not interesting that is the thing that kept me going. But I will not read another one because it takes up to much free time and it was the longest book I ever read. It was a good book but I mean it is not in my catergories as a "noble of the year award."

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2013
I've read all seven of them. They were alright, in my opinion. Certainly not my favourite books, and I'm not a fan of the fantasy genre in general. I can certainly give them credit for getting me back into reading, if only for a while.

Spoiler:

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2008
Wow! I'm amazed at the diversity of the opinions here!
I'd like to say although I haven't read every book in the whole wide world, personally, I've found the 7 Harry Potter books just fantastic 4 me!
I also wanna thank J.K. Rowling SO much 4 the wonderful series!

Buono!

Having a Neville week.
Years
I LOVELOVELOVE Harry potter. I'm reading the fourth one again, but I just have to say. Fred and George are awesome. I'd love brothers like that. :O Even if they did play pranks alot.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
Years
Yeah I love them, read the 1st one alot for school and stuff, but I still like it.

Just recently finished the deathly hallows, but the 6th Book is probably my fave.

Years
  • Seen Nov 27, 2008
I've read the first 3 and some of the fourth. I'm not a big fan, but I do like the story a lot.

I guess I prefer to watch the movies(I've seen all of the ones that are currently out), I'm so very very lazy.

My favorite characters are Draco, Ron, and Luna.

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 8, 2009
Yes, but I was so bored near the second half of the last book that I closed it and went online to get spoiled. I never touched that book again.

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2008
Yes, but I was so bored near the second half of the last book that I closed it and went online to get spoiled. I never touched that book again.

Honestly, lordbahamut, that's really weird, if u had read already half the book, it wasn't such a long way to go.
Personally, THANK GOODNESS that no one spoiled it 4 me!

sabrina_diamond

Blazing dark Vulpix
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 15, 2023
... Well. Since I read most of the series, with the exception of 6. I really liked how detailed the books were in comparision to the movies (2nd book was the best), but halfway through book 7, I was thinking "Come ON Rowling, finish it already.". I thought the battle between Voldemort and Harry had the most cliche conclusion (Harry coming back to life? That is so Sue.) and by the time the Epilogue was read, I metaphorically died because of the predictablity and blandness... And the awful fact that Ginny married Harry in the end

DeathlyHallows

I NEED A BATTLE!
Years
  • Seen Nov 1, 2008
Although the end was, I admit, cliched, I really enjoyed it.
I dunno how many people really didn't like Book 7!
I mean, just holding it was the best feeling EVER!
and my breath was hold throughout the whole story!

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
Years
I've read 1-6, now I'm trying to get into Half Blood Prince. I like reading, but this book hasn't peaked my interest enough yet to want to be reading it 24/7.

lordbahamut

Nyuuu~! Perfect Apple!
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Apr 8, 2009
Honestly, lordbahamut, that's really weird, if u had read already half the book, it wasn't such a long way to go.
Personally, THANK GOODNESS that no one spoiled it 4 me!
I was tired of Ron's whinings, and the trio was going nowhere for hundreds of pages. All they ever did was hiding and reading the journals. This seventh book was a big disappointment to me. I don't know if I'll ever try to reread it someday.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
Years
I love them. I've read them all more than once, got the last 3 book the night they came out, been to midnight showings of the movies, and got my family and friends into them. They are one of my favorite, and I'm sad there won't be anymore.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
I've never read anything better. I love the series. I've read each book at least three times over. It's what got me back into reading. I am re-reading the Deathly Hallows at the moment. I'd say that the last three books are the strongest of the series, along with the first. The other three aren't up to par with those, but they have every right to be part of the series. They all add to the mythology and logic behind the series.

I'm also bummed they're over. But hopefully she follows her word and makes that Encyclopedia like she said she would that would explain what happened to each character after the series ended. That would be spectacular, since the epilogue at the end of D.H. was rather short and thin.

Years
I read all the books around last year. Also, I don't really like the movies either. I hate it when people call themselves total Harry potter fans, but they don't even read the books. Yes, the epilogue was very unsatisfying. I'm just wondering who married Malfoy... probably Pansy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back