• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

having a baby

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
Years
  • I would never EVER allow abortion ever if I somehow got a girl pregnant and had a baby on the way if I was young.

But I think the fact of me being gay will prevent this situation from ever happening.

It would be my screw up, and I shouldn't just solve the problem by killing the baby before it even has a chance to live.
    Even if I did it if I SOMEHOW got drunk or something,

Seriously, I don't plan to get drunk ever. I don't think I'll touch a beer or wine until I'm 21. But I don't overdo beverages, anyway.

In that case, it was MY fault for getting drunk.

---

But anyway, since a situation like that won't occur in my life,
    I'll answer the question of wanting a kid or not.

Yes. I do.

Are you kidding? Yes I want a family.
    I even would like more than one kid.

Raising a kid is no easy task, I know.
    But my decision still stands.

Whether I'll adopt or do surrogate, I'll save that when the time actually comes where it's about time I would like to establish a family itself. :3

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
  • I'd let the chick decide. I've never regarded my opinion as very important, even if it effects the rest of my life... I wouldn't feel comfortable with choosing to abort or choosing to bring a baby into this world where their parents couldn't do a good job raising them... I'm too weak to decide lol x)

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • ...since I'm 22, on my own, and relatively stable financially, my parents really shouldn't have to do anything about it. The only concern with my parents is that I'm married to a girl before having kids with her. :P

matt561

Your French Charizard
    Years
  • Erm has no one ever said they would put something on the end of it before they started? Because that's what I would do.
    Otherwise like oher people being Bi leaning male I guess it depends who I was with.

I mean if I was with another man and some girl walked up and said I'd have got her pregnant well I dont know what I would do.

Years
  • No matter the situation, I don't think I can ever find it in myself to abort my own child, it would feel completely against my morals and I'd find it incredibly hard to stomach that I'd be preventing the blossoming of newborn life, that said, the only time I ever want to have a child would be when I'm finally married and completely devoted to my husband, and that we are both willing to start a family, but if that doesn't go quite to plan then I'd most likely keep the child and work as hard as I've ever had to protect the welfare of my own offspring.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • No matter the situation, I don't think I can ever find it in myself to abort my own child, it would feel completely against my morals and I'd find it incredibly hard to stomach that I'd be preventing the blossoming of newborn life, that said, the only time I ever want to have a child would be when I'm finally married and completely devoted to my husband, and that we are both willing to start a family, but if that doesn't go quite to plan then I'd most likely keep the child and work as hard as I've ever had to protect the welfare of my own offspring.

You're right. Abortion can both(you and the baby) destroy your lives, killing the baby, and killing your moral rights. You'll regret it when after you've done such actions.

Abortion can only be morally right if the mother is in mortal danger. The other reasons? Meh

Giraffes? Giraffes!

ラヴィ・ヘッド
    Years
  • I wouldn't let my wife/girlfriend abort any child, no matter the how bad things are. I don't think it's fair that we brought a life into this world and didn't give it a chance to live. Even if we were dirt poor, i want that child to have a shot at life. So, no... i'd rather give the child up for adoption then to not give him/her a shot at living.

Soul Eater

silver won't say he's in love~
    Years
  • My mom actually said she would support the idea. She would be willing to even help me if I was to have one now. XD I really wouldn't be able to go through abortion. D: It would just be so hard. :< I'd also want to keep my first-born child because well... yeah. D:

Years
  • I wouldn't be so horrifically stupid to have done so in the first place. Contraception was invented for a reason, people, and if your religion says it's wrong, then chances are they say sex before marriage is also wrong. I've no sympathy for those who freely choose to ignore the risk that unprotected sex carries.

And please, before you start hating on me, make sure you read what I've said. I'm condemning those who could use protection (whether it be condoms, the pill or whatever) but do not; those who are raped and whatnot have the greatest sympathy for their plight from me.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Honestly, I don't know. The idea of pregnancy horrifies me but idk if I could go through with an abortion. It would be a REALLY hard decision to decide between the two for me, though. (And if I did end up having the thing, I'm sure it'd go up for adoption the moment it was out. uggggh kids.)
    I wouldn't be so horrifically stupid to have done so in the first place. Contraception was invented for a reason, people, and if your religion says it's wrong, then chances are they say sex before marriage is also wrong. I've no sympathy for those who freely choose to ignore the risk that unprotected sex carries.

And please, before you start hating on me, make sure you read what I've said. I'm condemning those who could use protection (whether it be condoms, the pill or whatever) but do not; those who are raped and whatnot have the greatest sympathy for their plight from me.
    :( Hypothetical situation, I believe this thread asks for--there are plenty of situations past practicing safe-sex that could result in pregnancy. Aside from abstinence, there is no contraceptive that is 100% effective. I just figured OP wanted people to respond as if the situation has already occurred, regardless of the means that caused it.

Years
  • At my age its not really a problem yet but if I got a girl pregnant at an age between 16-23 (Never happening..) then I would let it be their choice, while it would impact my life it would be her body so she should get the most input. I'd prefer for her not to have an abortion though as, like many, I would class it as murder.

I dont think I'll ever have that problem though.

Ash~The Purifying Prince~

TLOTPP "Haunting Dreams" 77%
    Years
  • I'm a guy so I can't actually give birth to a baby; but if by some chance I got a girl pregnant I really wouldn't go for the whole abortion thing. I mean from the moment of conception thats a whole new life that I and someone else created, so I wouldn't have it in me to destroy possibly the most wonderful miracle life has to offer.

I'd support the girl with everything I have; I wouldn't care what my parents say although they'd probably kill me but if such a thing ever happened I'd be 100% supportive and 100% there for the baby and the mother. ^^ but I'm not even silly enough to even let that happen in the first place in my teens. I'd prefer to wait until I'm older and I've actually found the right girl to live my life with and start a family with.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    I wouldn't let my wife/girlfriend abort any child, no matter the how bad things are. I don't think it's fair that we brought a life into this world and didn't give it a chance to live. Even if we were dirt poor, i want that child to have a shot at life. So, no... i'd rather give the child up for adoption then to not give him/her a shot at living.
    Google "ectopic pregnancies." You are just taking away womens right to choose.
    Honestly, I don't know. The idea of pregnancy horrifies me but idk if I could go through with an abortion. It would be a REALLY hard decision to decide between the two for me, though. (And if I did end up having the thing, I'm sure it'd go up for adoption the moment it was out. uggggh kids.)

:( Hypothetical situation, I believe this thread asks for--there are plenty of situations past practicing safe-sex that could result in pregnancy. Aside from abstinence, there is no contraceptive that is 100% effective. I just figured OP wanted people to respond as if the situation has already occurred, regardless of the means that caused it.

Abstinence, I always hated that. "Just say no" isn't the best saying for ****ty, jailbait, hormonal teenagers. The only way to actually prevent it is to either scare them, or make them wear giant chastity belts. If it were up to me, many things would vary in it. Status of the baby, status of the mother, female rights, etc. If I knew the baby wasn't going to live for very long, and would have several conditions, or if the finances didn't allow for it, I'd lean towards abortion. But I don't like imposing my thoughts on women on such neutral thoughts(to me) like this.

Zero°

Mirai Nikki
    Years
  • My mom had me when she was 14, and kept me, however...

I'd probably give it up for adoption, he/she would be better of with another family, than with someone that wouldn't know what to do with him/her.

Years
  • I'd have an abortion. My body, my choice.

It's probably more selfish to bring a child into the world when you can't support it.

No, I can see what you say by your body, but it's nowhere selfish to do that. It's selfish getting an abortion cuz you can't control what you do in bed, it's your responsibility. You destroy a life, an innocent life. Put it up for an adoption. If my wife and I had a child we couldn't take care of I'd put it up for adoption so someone who can raise the baby will take care of it. I would want the best for my baby not to kill it before we could have it.

If it were sick so it wouldn't live long at all I'm not sure what I would do. If someone gets raped or molested then I see a proper reason for an abortion. I understand it's the women who are having the baby, but it makes no difference, pregnancy is a natural thing, and if you didn't want to have a baby you should have some protection. It's all about responsibility. :)

Last edited:

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Flippin' "hypothetical threads". Oh how I am sick of them. But might as well give this one a spin. :p

First off, I wouldn't be so stupid to put myself in a situation where I would literally be screwed underage in the first place. But if worst were to come to worst (i.e., an embryo was magically conceived in my uterus, as if by God) I would abort it. If I were over 18, I wouldn't, but you know, I'm what they call "underage".

Sorry, Jesus. =(

By the way, for those extreme pro-lifers out there (woo, yet ANOTHER abortion debate in which nobody actually listens to the other side of the debate!), people who have abortions are not doing so to simply say, "Whee! I get to eject my fetus! What a wonderful day!". The decision is a hard one to make and one that requires much thought. A person who has an abortion usually does so for realizing that the environment is not suitable for a child to grow up in, and the pregnancy was either caused by accident or was thought of too hastily, or due to a sudden change in environment such as losing a job or one's home burning down. Animals exhibit similar behaviours, although unable to kill an animal in its embryo form, it will rather starve the weaker offspring to support the stronger. Why? Because the environment is not suitable for the offspring to live in, and it's better to support a strong one to survive than to malnourish both to cause them both to survive, but not grow to their potential.

Death of the young is cruel, but nature is cruel. Only the toughest will survive, and that's why most parents do what it takes to make a child survive in the real world, to be strong, healthy and to have vigour. Without such traits, the child will live a sickly life and will most likely die at a young age. It seems even if an abortion won't kill them, nature will, which is why some parents, due to the situation, would much prefer an abortion than to see a child with memories and experiences of love and hate, of friendship and loneliness, of colour, sound, tastes and feelings, with emotion, die. Admittedly, a fetus has the potential to feel such experiences, but not when they are in the uterus.

And thus, the debate grinds down to this. When does simple growth end and human life and personality begin? Does it begin when the fetus has a mind, or when it begins to use that mind?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Flippin' "hypothetical threads". Oh how I am sick of them. But might as well give this one a spin. :p

First off, I wouldn't be so stupid to put myself in a situation where I would literally be screwed underage in the first place. But if worst were to come to worst (i.e., an embryo was magically conceived in my uterus, as if by God) I would abort it. If I were over 18, I wouldn't, but you know, I'm what they call "underage".

Sorry, Jesus. =(

By the way, for those extreme pro-lifers out there (woo, yet ANOTHER abortion debate in which nobody actually listens to the other side of the debate!), people who have abortions are not doing so to simply say, "Whee! I get to eject my fetus! What a wonderful day!". The decision is a hard one to make and one that requires much thought. A person who has an abortion usually does so for realizing that the environment is not suitable for a child to grow up in, and the pregnancy was either caused by accident or was thought of too hastily, or due to a sudden change in environment such as losing a job or one's home burning down. Animals exhibit similar behaviours, although unable to kill an animal in its embryo form, it will rather starve the weaker offspring to support the stronger. Why? Because the environment is not suitable for the offspring to live in, and it's better to support a strong one to survive than to malnourish both to cause them both to survive, but not grow to their potential.

Death of the young is cruel, but nature is cruel. Only the toughest will survive, and that's why most parents do what it takes to make a child survive in the real world, to be strong, healthy and to have vigour. Without such traits, the child will live a sickly life and will most likely die at a young age. It seems even if an abortion won't kill them, nature will, which is why some parents, due to the situation, would much prefer an abortion than to see a child with memories and experiences of love and hate, of friendship and loneliness, of colour, sound, tastes and feelings, with emotion, die. Admittedly, a fetus has the potential to feel such experiences, but not when they are in the uterus.

And thus, the debate grinds down to this. When does simple growth end and human life and personality begin? Does it begin when the fetus has a mind, or when it begins to use that mind?

If the child is sickly and wouldn't live long, it's better not to make them go through a miserable life like that. Being underage, though, it's still about responsibility. We shouldn't let small babies not even born yet; not fully developed, just....kill them? I think not.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
    Years
  • Then again, if you were raped, would you want that child and you to live with that?

I prefer abstinence over all else, however. Besides, this is a "hypothetical situation", so really, why argue over something that the majority of the female population doesn't go through? I'll wait for you to get raped and see if you change your mind before I continue the argument.

Back