• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart and Soul... A bit lame?

Do you like the names?

• Yep

Votes: 58 40.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 14 9.7%
  • They are alright

Votes: 51 35.4%
  • I can think of better >.>

Votes: 21 14.6%

• Total voters

Cid

Years
    I thought DuskGold and DawnSilver sounded better.

Anyway, I think Heart sounds gay; Soul is fine, but I'll still get HeartGold (I don't care much about the names).

I played Gold back then.

Last edited:
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    First I was a bit eh? And I wanted to go with DuskGold and DawnSilver instead. But now (after seeing the names everywhere constantly xD) I've come to like them.

HeartGold feels so inviting! I want it :3

Psyburn

Is not Kazaam
    Years
    pokemon has always been corny, so it doesn't bother me much. Ill just get soul silver because it sounds more masculine :P

Cham

Cool Trainer
    Years
    I think they did well with choosing the names. Sun and Moon wouldn't be too original *points at MMBN*, and I think the logos are really cool too.

Dunsparce

The Land Snake Pokemon
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I quite like the names. As other people said in the the thread, they fit the descriptions of the Box Legendaries themselves.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen yesterday
    Soul Silver seems fine, but Heart Gold doesn't... It just doesn't flow to me. True that it fits the legendary, but surely something of an alliteration would sound better, like Gallant Gold. OK, that was lame, but seems to flow a little.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
    I love the new names; in fact, Heart Gold is perfect for Ho-oh, and Soul Silver good for Lugia. Dusk/Dawn sounded kind of lame next to these games. Maybe for a different generation.

Now it's just a matter of which one do I get and which my friend gets ;D

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    I still don't see why everyone wanted Dusk and Dawn. It's too cliché, and let's not forget to mention how Digimon already got dibs on it (Digimon World Dawn/Dusk, anyone?).
    HeartGold sounds warm and inviting, SoulSilver just sounds awesome. From what I've seen, the only reason people are whining about the names is because they think buying a game as 'girly sounding' will put their masculinity in question somehow.

Reactions: Cid

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Actually, hearing these new titles, I'd rather have Soul and Heart rather than Dusk and Dawn. It has a better flow and seems more appealing to the game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    I prefer Pocket Monsters MoonStone. JK! erm.. the names are alright, it's not what I would of expected, but they could of done better imo

Cid

Years
    Melodyfree has a point.
    Though I remember them copyrighting DuskGold and DawnSilver.

I don't see Ho-oh as feminine, anyway.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    The names are alright...
    I like the name Soul Silver more than Heart Gold...
    Heart Gold doesn't roll off the tongue the same...
    Oh well, they're not going to change them, are they?

Last edited:

Lynx1

has significant angst
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I would have prefered SolarGold and LunarSilver, but these work.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2009
    I agree. I think Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver would be alot cooler. Soul Silver is alright, but Heart Silver I mean c'mon....

Years
    I personally like the names, something about how they sound.
    Also it kinda makes sense with the whole value thing, they've moved on from precious metals and gemstones to something priceless.

Off topic edit: 100th post, woot.

Finnel

Years
    The names are certainly deeper and more meaningful (wait, isn't that basically the same thing?) than FireRed and LeafGreen. I quite like them, they're kind of charming.

Giving your Hero/Heroine a Heart of Gold and a Soul of Silver is probably the most badass-sounding thing in the series. Nobody ****s with Gold/Crystal, *****es.

Back