• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Spirit Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Merged thread with this pre-existing one.

Personally, I do doubt there being a Crystal remake as well... and it'll be even more unlikely if we see Crystal features in HG/SS. Given that there is now a pic of another NPC in front of the Burnt Tower who looks similar (but isn't necessarily the same, mind) as another who only appeared in Crystal, it's rather possible, IMO.

Yeah... there will most likely be crystal features in HG/SS

If these go the same way as FR/LG, there won't be a crystal remake

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I know a way Spirit Crystal could be different then Heart Gold and Soul Silver, make it a 3D game. Just a interesting idea. Would be kinda cool though. I know they won't just saying a 3D game for DS would be cool.

Another idea instead of reading text, make the characters talk with voices.

Years
    There is a very high chance of them doing this after all they didn't remake yellow plus all the features from crystal will probably be incorparated into HG/SS except from the suicune events since that was the special part of the game

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2009
    a crystal remake might seem likely, but i doubt that it will happen. they only make combined versions of the brand new ones. these are just remakes, granted awesome remakes :)

Jweeson

Pokemon Aficianado
    Years
    But while you're waiting for the Crystal remake you might as well have one of them to play? And plus, no Yellow Version remake?

silentdeathproductions

I Hate Mondays
    Years
    actually crystal sold way better then both gold and silver, but i agree with the fact that they will make a crystal remake because nintendo is first and foremost a business, and what do businesses want to do, they want to make money. if the crystal remake has different features (perhaps a hoenn starter after region dex is completed, then more people would buy i, thus making nintendo more money. The reason they didnt make a remake of yellow was because it didnt have anything very different from red blue or green (japan). and the reason they will not release the fact that they will make one is because then people will wait to buy crystal, but not by Hg or Ss, but this way most people will buy either HG or SS, but also buy the crystal remake, which doubles nintendos profit

And also yellow was one of the worst selling pokemon games, if im not mistaken it was the worst

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    actually crystal sold way better then both gold and silver, but i agree with the fact that they will make a crystal remake because nintendo is first and foremost a business, and what do businesses want to do, they want to make money. if the crystal remake has different features (perhaps a hoenn starter after region dex is completed, then more people would buy i, thus making nintendo more money. The reason they didnt make a remake of yellow was because it didnt have anything very different from red blue or green (japan). and the reason they will not release the fact that they will make one is because then people will wait to buy crystal, but not by Hg or Ss, but this way most people will buy either HG or SS, but also buy the crystal remake, which doubles nintendos profit

And also yellow was one of the worst selling pokemon games, if im not mistaken it was the worst

The thing is, when it comes to remakes, it is only the first two games that are remade. A third extra for the games only comes out when a new generation is being released. Also, if you want to go by the marks of profit, then you will know Game Freak and Nintendo will earn more of an income with a new generation game being released over a Crystal game being remade. So, therefore I wouldn't expect a Crystal remake to be launched at all, only if done by ROM Hacking.

Not to mention, even if Yellow might have slacked in sales compared to other games, it still brought in quite a bit of proft. However, Yellow differed from RBG as it more went along the lines of the anime compared to that of RBG. So, Yellow could have still been redone because it has its differences. However, Crystal on the other hand never had a large difference in storyline compared to Gold and Silver except for the Suicune additon and a few extra changes. This alone wouldn't market enough for a huge remake when compared to HeartGold and SoulSilver. So, no I wouldn't expect Crystal to come out again, but instead a new generation within the next year or two.

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2009
    they seem to only make the extra 3rd one when they are totally new, case in point, crystal was made when gold and silver was new. but yellow was not made when fr and lg were re made.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    >_>

The lack of a Yellow remake doesn't necessarily mean there won't be a Crystal remake, but signs are pointed toward the lack of one anyways...the most noticeable of which being the lack of a playable Kris, an addition to the series in Crystal.

Plus, on the business side of things, its silly for any developer/publisher pair, including Game Freak and Nintendo, to put a significant amount of effort into remakes that generally sell less than new games when they could in fact be better off making said new games...remaking Crystal would amount to too much effort when Gold/Silver were essentially the same game with a few negligible features.

Ayselipera

I really doubt a Crystal remake for mostly the reasons already stated. If your really certain about it why don't you just wait it out and if there isn't a Crystal remake just get Heartgold or Soulsilver.

EpsilonE

Banned
    Years
    This guy drives home a point actually. There's only been 1 remake so far of old games that didnt get a third addition, so we really cant jump to the fact that because FrLg didnt get Yellow, these two wont get crystal.

We didnt expect Emerald, and we had hunches of Platinum, so Crystal remake might be in there with a bonus (Per say maybe Battle frontierish thing, new pokemon, or something else)

Ecks-Dee

The Hysterical Artifact
    Years
    There probably wont be a remake of Crystal at all. They only re-made Fire and Green, but not Yellow, so it will be the same for this one.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    New thread on possibility of Crystal being remade merged here.

I'll also add that interestingly, in the new trailer video, one can see that Cianwood was been extended the same way that Crystal had been (with the house and all). Seems to suggest the possibility of Eusine - and if he IS in then that's a feature from Crystal in - the Suicune side-plot.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    cheek out my shiny gold upgrades at photo bucket just type newid_2009
    Oh you are so totally awesome showing off your ability to change a hack unallowed and totally awesome for posting here. Totally.

New thread on possibility of Crystal being remade merged here.

I'll also add that interestingly, in the new trailer video, one can see that Cianwood was been extended the same way that Crystal had been (with the house and all). Seems to suggest the possibility of Eusine - and if he IS in then that's a feature from Crystal in - the Suicune side-plot.
    Not to mention the ruins have dual exits meaning crystal text rooms possibly. I believe that as the ruins are smaller and round meaning something special.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2012
    I personally doubt that there will be a remake of Crystal, unless GF/Nintendo want to put off the 5th gen. Crystal was my favorite game of all time, so this somewhat disappoints me, but I just don't see why they would, from a business standpoint.

In the past, the "3rd game" was used to extend the generation -- Yellow was used to extend the 1st gen, and Crystal extended the 2nd gen; this was seemingly because they wanted to get the most for their money with each generation. Now, in the GBA/DS era, Nintendo has two ways of doing this, with the 3rd game AND remakes.

And now I forgot where I was going with this post XD But I wouldn't count on a Crystal remake.
    although if they do, please please please have Kris as the female trainer~

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2009
    I doubt there will be a crystal remake, well not that it really deserves it, it is a pretty terrible game compared to Gold and Silver. Now f l a s h don't come in here and tell me to shut up, Crystal's garbage.

Many people would disagree with you, I personally liked Pokemon Crystal a lot may be more than gold and silver since there was a cooler storyline and you could enjoy more the game also the feature of choosing between male and female made the game sell more, but thats what I think.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Crystal only really added 2 things - Battle Tower, and a female counterpart. HG/SS will probably have both of these, so a Crystal remake seems really pointless. Besides, FR/LG never got a 3rd game either. That alone would be enough reason for me =|

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back