• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Spirit Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    Considering that Yellow wasn't remade, I'm 100% sure that there will be no Crystal remake.
    No Yellow Remake = No Crystal Remake.

Simple as that.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    I doubt there will be a crystal remake, well not that it really deserves it, it is a pretty terrible game compared to Gold and Silver. Now f l a s h don't come in here and tell me to shut up, Crystal's garbage.

MrAPT1

That one guy who does stuff
    Years
    Okay, I dont think they will remake crystal either but I'm not saying that I wouldn't like one. Probably everything from crystal except the suicune event will be in hg ss. The animations, girl and battle tower will all probably be in hg ss so it's like a crystal remake but it's not. I think from people wanting a yellow remake and a gs remake they incorperated the best feature from yellow, pikachu following you which was highly wanted and put it in an even more highly wanted gs remake to satisfy both crowds.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2016
    They need to stop making 3rd titles for each generation altogether. It seems like as years go by they make it less about combining the two games and adding unique features and more about milking the franchise for as much money as possible. Emerald had, what, a few hours of bonus content? Crystal had nothing more than a girl character and battle tower, and Platinum had one extra snippet of storyline that made hardly any difference overall. Yellow in my opinion was the best 3rd release of any of them.

As for speculation of the name, I doubt they'd make a remake of crystal anyways. Also there's already a sub-forum for speculations.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    like everyone have said i believe there will not be a crystal remake because there is no reason to make it if they do make it which is most unlikely it would be the same as hg/ss if they did it would waste time away from 5th gen and we dont want that do we

Staarbit

The Brawl Addict
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 5, 2023
    because there was no Thunder Yellow (or something along those lines), I highly doubt there will be a Crystal remake

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    There's not going to be a Crystal remake. Ever. i.e. Not in a million years. There's no need for one, as the new game elements will just be incorporated into the new games of Hg/Ss. They didn't remake Yellow, so they won't remake Crystal either. The games Hg/Ss were designed partly because people were finding it hard to get the G/S/C Pokemon in R/S/E and Fr/Lg. And with the new DSi consoles, importing Pokemon will soon become impossible.

In conclusion, there will not be a Crystal remake. It is a waste of time, and the developers of Hg/Ss will just include important features from Crystal into the new games.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    They made FireRed and LeafGreen but they didn't make something like OceanBlue so I doubt they'll make something like Spirit Crystal.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 10, 2015
    Liver Crystal? What on Earth are you on? I think naming it Kidney Crystal is better.
    Nuh-uh, Liver is a much better idea.
    There's only one Crystal and only one liver riiight¬
    So there. :D oh and btw, I'm not on anything. Apart from a chair.
    I think whatever they'd call it, I'd buy it.

Years
    Well spirit does sound good.
    Since suicuine is such a rare pokemon they see it as a spirit.
    Yeah that's a good guess.

Eggie Poo Poo

OM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM
    Years
    They need to stop making 3rd titles for each generation altogether. It seems like as years go by they make it less about combining the two games and adding unique features and more about milking the franchise for as much money as possible. Emerald had, what, a few hours of bonus content? Crystal had nothing more than a girl character and battle tower, and Platinum had one extra snippet of storyline that made hardly any difference overall. Yellow in my opinion was the best 3rd release of any of them.

You crazy? Yellow brought very little, now I'm not a 4th gen fanboy but Platinum brought the most for a 3rd game series combiner. Updated graphics for scenery and buildings and a whole new Distortion World with new battle themes and other things.

And DEAR GOD I hope they don't bring anything from Crystal into the remakes. NO new characters or plots.

DCstrX

Collector
    Years
    a crystal remake would come later on just as platinum did and emerald.
    i wouldnt be suprised if the came out with a yellow remake at the same time as hg and ss .
    and if they did there would be some special link between the yellow remake and the new hg ss

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I doubt a Crystalk Remake would show up. It's not really needed, and if you refer back to the past, FireRed and LeafGreen never had a Yellow remake either. So, I strongly think it is not going to happen, not now anyway. There are always room for possibilities.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    No.

Just look at the facts. Yellow did not get a remake, Kris has been replaced by Heart/Soul, and Celebi is probably going to be in HGSS as an event.

Face it. There won't be any Crystal game for the DS.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, there is a pretty high chance that the Celebi event will be held for the GSDS games, and that if a Crystal Remake had to be done, along with a Yellow Remake it won't be until quite a few years from now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back