• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Spirit Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion Reaper 2.0

Not Dead Yet
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Hell
    • Seen Jun 15, 2011
    THERE WILL NOT BE CRYSTAL REMAKE
    it would be really pointless if there is
    Just look at FR/LG, there wasn't a ocean blue or Lighting Yellow

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Plus, why would it be needed if you can catch all the Johto Pokémon with the GSDS games, all Kanto Pokémon with FRLG, and then have them aquired in DPPt as well? ... I don't see it happening, not now. If they do decide on remaking it, then that'll definitely be a few years from now with probably the next 2 or 3 generation of Nintendo Gaming Systems ahead.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    I doubt there will be a Crystal remake, since it would be too much to work with. If there is a chance there will be one, I say it's very very slim.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    they never did with fire and leaf

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, there might not be a new Crystal or Yellow remake, but they have implemented some things into the new remake of Gold and Silver.

AeroMaster7

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Yellow wasn't remade probably because Yellow was a Gameboy Adaptation of the anime, and having that would wreck the story. Crystal however had a new story added on with Ralph and Suicune, the first Female character girls could choose, and the Pokemon animations were ahead of their time. If HG/SS makes enough money ,then a remake of Crystal is possible. But then again, the remakes have been worked on for 3 years so the multiple frame animations could have been implemented.[/QUOTE

THIS IS MAKING ME MAD IF YOU PEOPLE DARE CALL YOURSELVES POKEMON FANS AND ANY OF YOU HAVE POKEMON YELLOW IT SAYS AND I QUOTE "Pokemon Yellow Special Edtion" OK SPECIAL EDTION AND FROM RESEARCH I HAVE DONE IN THE PAST ON FR/LG THE REASON THE NEVER MADE A NEW YELLOW WAS THAT NINTENDO SAID THEY NEVER WERE GOING TO MAKE A YELLOW REMAKE EVER!!! SO PEOPLE SPECULATING ON THE CRYSTAL ISN'T BEING REMADE IT IS!!! FOR R/S THEY MADE E FOR D/P THEY MADE PT COMMON SENSE IT'S BEING MADE!!!

(THIS MY SPECULATION IS THAT THE NAME FOR THE THEME MAY BE ONE OF THE FOLLOWING 3. POKEMON BODY CRYSTAL, POKEMON MIND CRYSTAL, POKEMON SPIRIT CRYSTAL, OR THEY MAY NAME IT POKEMON JADE OR SOMETHING.)

THANK YOU FOR READING.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    Like everyone else has said, there was no Yellow remake, so unless Gamefreak intends to retrace their steps after remaking this and start on the third part of generations, I don't think we'll be seeing one.

@AeroMaster

Nintendo has never said directly that they won't remake Yellow, and using all Caps doesn't help support your point. Yellow could easily be remade, however, it most likely won't be as there isn't enough difference between the originals and Yellow (Minus Pikachu following you around the whole game and the team rocket presence in Yellow). And again, with these, Crystal was relatively close to it's predecessors, thus it wouldn't make any sense for them to release a remake unless they plan on altering the storyline enough to make it worthwhile. In all it's just more production than it's worth, because gamers with the previous releases won't find themselves going out to buy almost the same game over again.

Yamikarasu

Wannabe Hasbeen
    Years
    No, there is no reason to expect one. HGSS will have everything that was added on in Crystal anyway, except for maybe the plot line, so there is no reason to want one either. After HGSS, they'll make the 5th gen for sure.

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
    I highly doubt they'll start working on the 5th generation directly after these games. I believe Junichi Masuda said something in an interview with GI that they were hoping to see a new Pokemon Wii title released.

So yeah, I couldn't see them working on a remake for another game anyways with what they've currently got on their plate.

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
    AeroMaster7, caps lock may be cruise control but don't use it with such excess :9

Nuh-uh, Liver is a much better idea.
    There's only one Crystal and only one liver riiight¬
    So there. :D oh and btw, I'm not on anything. Apart from a chair.
    I think whatever they'd call it, I'd buy it.

Then why not Heart Crystal...oh wait, Gold... then what about Brain Crystal? Still, I think Kidney Crystal sounds better, cause you need at least one to survive...maybe... Yeah who cares about a name, if they made it, I'd buy it anyway XD

Right, I should get myself a chair!

Sweet Jasmine

s m i l e :)
    Years
    Spirit Crystal sounds good but i guess. There's no remake of it.. BNecause HGSS al;ready got the features of it.. But maybe.. who knows..

-Yasumin

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2010
    I dont think there will be a crystal remake, mainly there was no ocean/aqua blue or electric yellow.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't think there will be a remake, because like said above, there are new titles GameFreak and Nintendo are working on. So, instead of going through the trouble to have a Crystal remake, we'll have the new GSDS games to keep us occupied until they are ready for the next generation release.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ I agree with what is said above. Anything they wanted to make a Crystal Remake with they can add it in to the GSDS remakes now. Giving them more time to work on other games as well.

Pingouin_7

Why should they remake Crystal? They didn't remake Yellow as far as I know...

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    ^ Agreed, if they didn't do it for Yellow, why do it for Crystal? Nothing is over special for the two games, and I think they know what they are doing too in which games to remake next.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back