• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Spirit Crystal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Spirt or Mind both do not fit in. U guys are thinking of Mind, Body & Soul

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
    It would be nice if Gamefreak made another TCG game because they were awesome

D: Man, would that be a dream come true!

It's all about the benjamins baby.
    Plus, if you look at it, DPPt had a higher raise on sales than FireRed and LeafGreen, even though so many people at that time wanted the remake for the original Kanto games.

You two bring up good points 'cause all this comes down to the money and profits. Making a Crystal remake won't have that much higher sales, if at all but a brand new generation *shrudder* would.

/: There goes my hopes and dreams.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I wouldn't give up on the chances of a Spirit Crystal, or something of that nature. If you enjoy playing the ROMs that Hackers create, then I'm sure one of them may end up making a Crystal update with it. Except, yes, the comapny is about bringing in the highest money income they can get, while still keeping their fans hooked. It is likely a Crystal Remake won't sell as much as HeartGold and SoulSilver at this time. Though, with the new release of a new generation, then I'd say it is pretty probable over a Crystal revamp and Nintendo and GameFreak knows they'll get a higher raise in sales. Not to mention, even though some may not want a 5th Gen as yet, it is very predicatable they may still end up buying it. Why? Because like Nintendo and GameFreak wants to do is keep their fans attached to the franchise and surprisingly, with all our complaints we may have, it actually works.

Not to mention, I would rather keep Crystal and Yellow a priceless original as I wouldn't want anything to be messed or tampered with too much. They are good as is, and older gamers would still enjoy playing them now as Yellow and Crystal without a remake messing a few things up.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2016
    I don't think it will happen because they didn't remake Yellow, but it's possible.

Radial TIA

Sonic and Kingdom Hearts lover
    Years
    Most likely not a Crystal.I would LOVE it if they were going to make a Crystal remake with the Gold and Silver remakes but they probably won't make it.I mean, if they were going to make it then they probably woud have put the remake name with the Heart Gold and Soul Silver names when the announcement came up.

But I do hope they will make a remake of it.

Chibaymega12

Enemies of the Leaf Beware!
    Years
    Usually, when Nintendo makes remakes of these games, they leave out the third installment. I would see no point in making a Crystal remake. They aren't going to throw any new pokemon in there, which is usually the point that the third installments hold.

Pan!ko

vibratingcat XD
    Years
    I don't c whats the purpose. they could just include most of the features from Crystal into HGSS anyway. Unless they plan on making something even more new for Crystal.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
    Liver Crystal? What on Earth are you on? I think naming it Kidney Crystal is better.

Hmm, kidney stone anyone?

Oh Em Gee! ThEy DiDn'T mAkE a YeLlOw ReMaKe, WhY wOuLd ThEy MaKe CrYsTaL???!!!! [/sarcasm]

Seriously, doesn't anyone read the posts in the thread? I swear, the reasons have been recycled soo many times it's not even funny. Nah, I dun think there will be a remake. Costs more munny, and seeing as HG/SS is spposed to have a crap load of new stuff, they'd have to add even more stuff to Crystal (i.e. 4th Gen pokes). Doing so would cause them to alienate even more people who liked the old games for their simpleness.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    I find it strange that this thread still has a discussion going on... There may be a Crystal remake, though it is unlikely because I, for one, would prefer a fifth generation to another remake, as I believe most people would.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I find it strange that this thread still has a discussion going on... There may be a Crystal remake, though it is unlikely because I, for one, would prefer a fifth generation to another remake, as I believe most people would.

There wont be one

If they were gonna make a remake of Crystal they would've done that instead of remaking Gold and Silver

Years
    Ahaha, I don't think there will be a Spirit Crystal in the near future, but if there is one in like ten years or something, that would be cool. : D

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I really don't see a remake for Crystal happening...
    There was never a Yellow remake for GBA when FR/LG came out.
    So why should there be for Crystal?

Tatortotts

I lol'd.
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 29, 2012
    I vote on Lung Crystal.
    /facepalm

There's not going to be a remake as far as I'm concerned.
    Fire Red and Leaf Green didn't have a Lightning Yellow, soo. :/

-Tator

Dr. James

Experimenting
    Years
    I sure hope that the advanced-story of Ho-Oh heard in Crystal remains in HG/SS. So we don't need a remake of Crystal.

p!kablu

Map Maker Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2009
    I don't see a Crystal coming.

Everything seems to be completed (dex wise) in just the two.

Just good idea about the Spirit.

I still personally would have prefered Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver, but you cant win em all.

Kumata

Webcomic artist
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2012
    There's no need for a Crystal remake, and I'm sure the sales would be noticably worse compared to HG/SS... notwithstanding I don't want them to focus on that, can't they move on to Gen 5 yet? ^^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back