• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart & Soul League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
Years
I've been thinking a few things; do challengers have to go through a gym in a certain order? If not their should be a form to challenge, it would look bad if we had gym leaders effectively challenging challengers because they didn't specify a gym.

Also, will there be a rule for gym leaders not being able to challenge, because I personally think it looks bad if a league's own gym leaders are challenging it. What do other people think??

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
For the Choma League we let the challenger have 8 pokemon total, that way they can switch around a bit.

Greene1516

Years
For the Choma League we let the challenger have 8 pokemon total, that way they can switch around a bit.

That's not what I meant. I meant that if there is no order then the challenger should have to specify what gym he/she is challenging or have their challenge declined as it shouldn't be up t us to go out and challenge them.

But I don't think challengers should be restricted to what Pokemon they use throughout the league and since we all have different rules for our gyms that would be partially impossible.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
True...honestly I'm not sure if we threw that rule out or not actually. It was suggested before I revised my current rule to what it is now.

Anwho, it's easier if challengers just pick and choose what gym they face.

~Frozen Darkness~

It's watching you...
Years
Wow, I missed a lot.

Challengers can challenge gyms in any order.
And also, a challenger must specify the gym he/she wants to battle, or else that person doesn't get to battle.

Okay....for E4 Positions:

You must:

Not be new to competitive battling. (If you're new, forget E4 positions.)
Allow me to test battle you over wi-fi or shoddy. (shoddy preferably because my e4 team isn't fully assembled.)
Win against me or lose 1-0 or 2-0 in the test battle.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
Frozen, lemme know when your team is done if you want to test it out.

Greene1516

Years
Guys my impression from the OP was that E4 had to decide on a type as well that hasn't been taken, though correct me if I am wrong Frozen.

Rogs9i5

Breeder Extraordinaire
Years
Frozen, is it understood that Item Clause if off for all gyms except those that specified otherwise. If not, could you specify in the Special Rules for my gym that Item Clause is off? Thanks in advance. I'm almost done with my team. It should be ready by the end of the weekend. I hope the league starts soon. Can gym leaders also challenge other gyms? In another league I'm in, it's allowed, so would this be allowed here too?

Greene1516

Years
Frozen, is it understood that Item Clause if off for all gyms except those that specified otherwise. If not, could you specify in the Special Rules for my gym that Item Clause is off? Thanks in advance. I'm almost done with my team. It should be ready by the end of the weekend. I hope the league starts soon. Can gym leaders also challenge other gyms? In another league I'm in, it's allowed, so would this be allowed here too?

It's not mentioned in the OP. My personal opinion is that it looks really bad if a league is challenged by its own leaders and that it shouldn't be allowed, I mean, it's sort of stupid since a leader can't finish the league because they can't just take their own badge. But it would be good practice for leaders to practice new teams and formations with each other outside of league battles.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
The Item Clause is non-standard. It's an invention of Nintendo that really is just pointless.

Greene1516

Years
The Item Clause is non-standard. It's an invention of Nintendo that really is just pointless.

It's far from pointless; it stops people abusing things like Focus Sash and Leftovers.

Oh yeah before I forget guys, could each of the leaders send me a visitor comment with the name of their badge and any ideas they may have for them so I can get to making them.

Last edited:

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
Question, why do you feel the need to put in-game names? It looks rather silly, particularly by mine >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back