• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart & Soul League

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Honestly, 13 is a bit excessive x.x Perhaps we should start it with what we have at least, we can still accept submissions.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Yeah, it'd be my pleasure to run the little E4 wannabes through the grinder ;D

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • Yes, that would be nice. Since my rules are that is must be a Shoddy Battle. Can you be the Wi-fi "tester?"

Sure. I need to PM you about something also so keep an eye on your inbox.

BTW to the leaders, I still have only got the requests for badges from two of you so please hurry up with the visitor messages to me with the name of the badge and any ideas you have, because we really should shoot to have them done before this whole thing kicks off.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Oh, Frozen meant you, my bad *sweatdrop* Anywho, do you know of anyone that makes badges?

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2012
    I don't know if I really like some of the gym rules. I get the "no more than one from each species" rule, so they don't just flood a team with the same pokemon. But having it so a challenger can only use UU/BL pokemon (so they have to remake their whole team?) or so no two can share a type (that narrows the choises down a bit on who you can have on a team) seem a bit extreme. If someone want's to run in and challenge the steel gym leader with all fire pokemon, shouldn't they be allowed to?

I just feel that taking out half of the strategy in a gym battle is a bit unfair, more so if you're putting rules on a challenger that you yourself wouldn't be following (Unless somehow you have only one steel pokemon in your steel gym team).

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    I get the "no more than one from each species" rule, so they don't just flood a team with the same pokemon.
    That's a standard rule.

But having it so a challenger can only use UU pokemon (so they have to remake their whole team?)
    There are different teirs for a reason :P Go play in UU for awhile, I'm working on a UU team myself, it's quite a different metagame. [BL isn't a teir so much as the too-good-for-UU-but-not-good-enough-for-OU pokemon]

no two can share a type (that narrows the choises down a bit on who you can have on a team) seem a bit extreme.
    No more than two, read my rule carefully please :P And it's so I don't face people that just spam Ground/Fire types, that makes my battles FAR too easy! And I don't like battles that are that easy, it's no fun! You'll never beat me if you don't think your team through carefully. I'd wipe the floor with an all Fire team.

I just feel that taking out half of the strategy in a gym battle is a bit unfair, more so if you're putting rules on a challenger that you yourself wouldn't be following (Unless somehow you have only one steel pokemon in your steel gym team).
    I'd never impose a rule I couldn't follow myself (and again, you appear to have misread my rule, it's that no more than two pokemon may share a type). And I my OU team can be made to fit my rule if such a rule were imposed upon me.

I know my rule can be a bit confusing, and I have informed the leader here about fixing the text in the post, but he didn't XP Here's the rule as it should be read:
    "No more than two pokemon on a team may share a type.

You may have Scizor (Bug/Steel) and Yanmega (Bug/Flying) but not Scizor (Bug/Steel), Yanmega (Bug/Flying) and Staraptor (Normal/Flying).

Additionally, you may have two pokemon that have identical dual types; ie. Metagross and Bronzong (Steel/Psychic) on the same team."

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2012
    My non-gym team is actually all made of up either UU or NU, so I have done it before. I prefer it as it's usually not an expected team, but I still don't think that someone shouldn't be allowed to use their Metagross(OU) or even Garchomp (Uber), more so if their team is built around it.

By reading your response, if I understand it correctly, someone having Metagross and Bronzong (Steel/Psychic) in their team could not have any other steel, or psychic including Empoleon (Water/Steel and OU), or Hypno (Psychic but NU).

Either way, it's been accepted, but I just don't really like the idea of limiting a challengers team to UU or below only.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    but I still don't think that someone shouldn't be allowed to use their Metagross(OU) or even Garchomp (Uber), more so if their team is built around it.
    You can use your Metagross all you want if you're fighting an OU gym. Garchomp is uber, and thus banned, your logic is thus flawed.

By reading your response, if I understand it correctly, someone having Metagross and Bronzong (Steel/Psychic) in their team could not have any other steel, or psychic including Empoleon (Water/Steel*), or Hypno (Psychic*).
    *irrelevant data deleted

Correct. I suppose you have a somewhat valid point, but you're making me explain myself AGAIN. Here's the thing, having too many pokemon of the same type is just suicide. Running Metagross and 'Zong makes you very vunerable to any powerful fire attack without something with Flash Fire (and the best poke with FF is Heatran anyhow, you'd be best off going with Zong + Heatran to cover each other's weakness, foregoing Metagross).

Again, too many pokemon of the same type = easy battle for me. And easy battles are boring. I want a challege. If you're going to have a lame, spammy team there's no fun for me. SO, I impose a rule to rid my challengers of lame, spammy teams, thus, my battles tend to be more interesting.

Either way, it's been accepted, but I just don't really like the idea of limiting a challengers team to UU or below only.
    I do no such thing, thought there are some leaders who run a UU gym, those leaders do so because UU pokemon aren't viable against OU pokemon. If you 'successfully' run a UU team against OU teams, you're probably not battling anyone decent. Assuming both people switch perfectly, make perfect calls and have perfect teams, a perfect UU team will NEVER beat a perfect OU team. Teirs exist to differentiate the weak and strong pokemon, and that they do.

Now, would you like to challenge someone or not?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2012
    I apologize for misreading the OU/UU thing.

That aside, I don't think the gym leader should be able to say "You are not worthy enough to challenge me, come back with a more entertaining team."

And as I think it's been brought up in the discussion before, gym leaders can't challenge each other, so no I would not like to challenge anyone.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    You're a leader here...right.
    That aside, I don't think the gym leader should be able to say "You are not worthy enough to challenge me, come back with a more entertaining team."

I don't believe I've ever used those words, but yes, I've said things to that effect. Here's the thing, some people don't know how to battle and don't know what EVs and IVs even are or don't care for some reason. Those people really, honestly, just waste my time. I'm a blunt sort of person, if you're no good, be sure I'll tell ya; however, I'm more than willing to help people that are honest, curious and...in general, not noobs (not to be confused with newbs).

Richard Lynch

Professor Lynch
    Years
  • Here's the thing, some people don't know how to battle and don't know what EVs and IVs even are or don't care for some reason. Those people really, honestly, just waste my time. I'm a blunt sort of person, if you're no good, be sure I'll tell ya

Once they make Pokemon battling part of the Summer Olympics, I will agree with this.

Greene1516

Years
  • Oh, Frozen meant you, my bad *sweatdrop* Anywho, do you know of anyone that makes badges?

You must have missed the post right above this where I asked the gym leaders to hurry with giving me their badge names and ideas so I could make them. I have already finished the badges for the Rock, Ground, and Flying gyms.

As far as the gym rules debate, I think every body should accept other leaders' rules as it will not effect them, but the debate is good and healthy. My own personal opinion is that both blaster and ashwind have valid points. Personally if you were to implement them together, no more than three Pokemon sharing typing would be less restrictive but restrictive enough to keep the challenge because no matter how well say a steel team prepares for a fire team, it's still going to have a disadvantage.

My own gym will not have these rules, but at the same time nobody is going to respect a trainer who comes in with all water types for instance, and besides, someone would have to be naive to think that beating any leader will be easy. The simple fact that the tyoe of four of our Pokemon are there for all to see should tell you we will be prepared for the obvious.

But to make it more realistic it might make sense to have a grand total of Pokemon that each challenger can use, I mean, in the anime or game how many trainers did you see walk into the fire gym with all waters and then walk into the bug gym with all flying.

Once they make Pokemon battling part of the Summer Olympics, I will agree with this.

Lol, I can see your point. There's no need to get too serious about things, after all, the game is for fun.

Hey raacastblaster can I challenge you?

Please learn to read; the gyms are not open and this is not a place for personal battle requests.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Dec 20, 2013
    Apparently I did miss that part of your post Greene, my apologies. As for and idea/name, I'm honestly not picky, base something off of the Beacon Badge perhaps? I have a terrible lack of creativity, to be honest... for the name, Ferrum Badge.

Hm, a suggestion given to me says...how about something of a triangle formed from steel beams?

Last edited:

Greene1516

Years
  • Hm, a suggestion given to me says...how about something of a triangle formed from steel beams?

Now that sounds like a fine idea. I'll get to it.

is there a ice gym cause if there are im joining

Not trying to sound patronizing but do you have the Wi-Fi no how to handle a gym, like EV training type spreading etc., I am only asking because your page says you are ten and some of the people challenging are really serious and I've never seen such a young player on the forums. I apologize if I sound patronizing.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back