• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart & Soul League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
Years
This isn't a restaurant guys; you can't just make a reservation, no one can promise the position will still be there when ye decide ye are ready, so if ye feel ye are up to it and can take on all comers just sign up.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
I'm definately goin for the dark gym....just give a little time to train up some good darks =D
Not to be a downer, but there are only a two great dark types (Weavile and T-Tar), and they don't work well in concert. Honchkrow is next, then there's Spiritomb, Absol, Houndoom, Drapion, and Umbreon. However all of the offensive UU Darks are crippled by something, be it poor speed, terrible defenses or both. Drapion and Spiritomb are simply outclassed by better pokemon in OU and Umbreon can't viably attack if the opponent is packing some solid defensive pokemon like Gliscor, who will easily wall Umbreon's Payback even with 6 curses behind it. Every other Dark type is just rather sad.

Greene1516

Years
Not to be a downer, but there are only a two great dark types (Weavile and T-Tar), and they don't work well in concert. Honchkrow is next, then there's Spiritomb, Absol, Houndoom, Drapion, and Umbreon. However all of the offensive UU Darks are crippled by something, be it poor speed, terrible defenses or both. Drapion and Spiritomb are simply outclassed by better pokemon in OU and Umbreon can't viably attack if the opponent is packing some solid defensive pokemon like Gliscor, who will easily wall Umbreon's Payback even with 6 curses behind it. Every other Dark type is just rather sad.

Regardless there has to be a Dark leader, and the leader can put rules to limit such weaknesses. Also leaders only have to use 4-5 Pokemon of their type. The last 1-2 can be different. Don't forget also that almost any team that is all one type is going to have such weaknesses.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
4 for this gym. And true, there will always be weaknesses, but some types (Steel in particular) have quite the propensity to cover for itself. Heatran can switch in on fire attacks, Skarm on Ground attacks (or anything physical for that matter) and proceed to screw you over in retaliation. On the other hand, Dark has little or no ability to do such a thing. Even the bulky Dark types are plauged by either a Fighting or Ground weakness (excluding Spiritomb of course).

Greene1516

Years
4 for this gym. And true, there will always be weaknesses, but some types (Steel in particular) have quite the propensity to cover for itself. Heatran can switch in on fire attacks, Skarm on Ground attacks (or anything physical for that matter) and proceed to screw you over in retaliation. On the other hand, Dark has little or no ability to do such a thing. Even the bulky Dark types are plauged by either a Fighting or Ground weakness (excluding Spiritomb of course).

I can't think of a single Dark type with a ground weakness.

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
Tyranitar is Rock/Dark, thus a ground weakness and a 4x Fighting weakness. It's fantastically bulky but it's weak to basically every common attack type (Fighting, Ground, Water, Steel, Bug).

Ian758

Eon Blue and Red are coming!!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • MN
  • Seen Mar 5, 2013
Hey, I have been trying to get a hold of the first gym leader, not working, so im posting, if any of the leaders would like to battle just tell me, I wanna battle, I do have to ask one thing, would Azelf be considered uber?

Uzumaki_King

I'm a Ninja Unicorn!
Years
Name In-Game: PON
Type of Gym: Dark
FC:4639 5444 7708
Special Rules (Optional): UUand NU pokemon only and all standard clauses(ex:sleep, uber, items,etc...)
Prize:Any Tm of our choice

...Magicarp PWNS!

Last edited:

RAcastBlaster

Steel-body Trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 20, 2013
One way I'm going to try and make the situation better is by allowing only UU pokemon
;)

Name In-Game: PON
Type of Gym:Dark
FC:4639 5444 7708
Special Rules (Optional): UU pokemon only and all standard clauses(ex:sleep, uber, items,etc...)
Prize:Any Tm of our choice

...Magicarp PWNS!

Ahh, that's an interesting idea...but will you only be using UU Darks? (Also, Honchkrow is currently in Limbo, banned from UU. I'd keep an eye on that to see if it changes.)

Greene1516

Years
Hey, I have been trying to get a hold of the first gym leader, not working, so im posting, if any of the leaders would like to battle just tell me, I wanna battle, I do have to ask one thing, would Azelf be considered uber?

Go check the tiers on smogon and find out. And has been stated in the thread several times, the gyms are closed. Also, when they are open, if you make a post like that your challenge will be ignored since you didn't specify a gym.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back