• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heart & Soul League

Status
Not open for further replies.

stavross

I WANNA RAPE YOU WITH MY STICK
Years
  • yep i got 6 calm minds up and then i take out his ******* and almost ko his ****** so that was pretty much the game because then he didnt have a counter to my scizor

stavross

I WANNA RAPE YOU WITH MY STICK
    Years
  • well i think that 6 calm minds on my 0 evs ivs sp attack suicune while i had a burn didnt help a lot lol

LanceTheDark

The Demon Horse Entei
    Years
  • Type effectiveness plays a huge role when facing a monotype gym leader if the wild cards aren't good. Weavile had the power to destroy both of my wild cards so that was bad on my part to be so weavile weak. Strategy can bring you only so far though...

Anyways the fact that we can't have any weather, entry hazards, or focus sash (and only two of the same item) really pwns a lot of teams as well = CKN has a greater chance for success than normal. Stealth rock shuffling would rape his fire type pokes otherwise, and sandstorm would ruin recovery for some. Basically stalling is removed and teams can't have too many LO set up sweepers. No more rain dance to bring an advantage because it's banned.

But yeah let's stop with the gym leader discussion I agree.

Oh, and Greene that's why I'm not going to post my gym battles anymore, so people can't study them lol.
    I'd probably 6-0 you then I ALMOST always have one of my many weaviles with me even when I'm going aginst fire like when I played CK

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • I love seeing battles between the past and present of gym leaders. One of you will have to send me the video number.

Type effectiveness plays a huge role when facing a monotype gym leader if the wild cards aren't good. Weavile had the power to destroy both of my wild cards so that was bad on my part to be so weavile weak. Strategy can bring you only so far though...

Anyways the fact that we can't have any weather, entry hazards, or focus sash (and only two of the same item) really pwns a lot of teams as well = CKN has a greater chance for success than normal. Stealth rock shuffling would rape his fire type pokes otherwise, and sandstorm would ruin recovery for some. Basically stalling is removed and teams can't have too many LO set up sweepers. No more rain dance to bring an advantage because it's banned.

But yeah let's stop with the gym leader discussion I agree.

Oh, and Greene that's why I'm not going to post my gym battles anymore, so people can't study them lol.

And I strongly disagree. When people bring a lot of waters, grass, fight, steel, or ground against me I trump them big time as my recent bout with MiKeY makes testament too. Once you make a good team the types no longer effect you. Sure even think back to the old days of the OU metagame when Sandstorm teams were so common, those teams had huge water weaknesses and yet were the dominant type of team, and Garchomp was only a small part of it.

And on the note of needing Sandstorm to beat fire, and also to stall, that's not true. I favour stallers to tanks, and never use weather to back them up and I won against the Battle Frontier fire elite without Sash or weather, and I rarely use more than two of the same item anyway (which the average team also does).

Last edited:

Arcanist

Durr
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Challenging SCV yay <3

And on the note of CKN, let me remind you that the rules also apply to you, so making a team lets say stealth rock weak doesent apply, so you can use as many moltreses or charizards that you want, as well as switch in pokemon like salamence and gyarados that lose 25 percent health EACH time they enter the field when stealth rock is in play, both which are potentially incredibly dangerous sweepers when not countered. One must also take into consideration that Gym leaders must run 4 OF THEIR OWN TYPE, which puts them at an even more of a disadvantage, because many types are very predictable e.g A fire team would usually run heatran or infernape leads.

Beat SCV 1-0...
    I feel bad for using Salamence, sorry, very cheap on my part

Last edited:

Greene1516

Years
  • Manaphy is finished and is uber for the same reason as Garchomp, and Garchomp is brought up as suspect all of the time by the snottiest moaniest group of the snotty moanny group that is smogon and it gets shot down every time and that won't change because if it gets back to OU, OU will become about Garchomp all over again. And Mence is suspect now, I know one of the testers there.

ckn

A Black Animator
    Years
  • yeah the way i see it there will be just a big long ol' arguement about what should be what and why but it'll all remain the same salamance may be a beast but it doesnt need to be in Ubers

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • Challenging SCV yay <3

And on the note of CKN, let me remind you that the rules also apply to you, so making a team lets say stealth rock weak doesent apply, so you can use as many moltreses or charizards that you want, as well as switch in pokemon like salamence and gyarados that lose 25 percent health EACH time they enter the field when stealth rock is in play, both which are potentially incredibly dangerous sweepers when not countered. One must also take into consideration that Gym leaders must run 4 OF THEIR OWN TYPE, which puts them at an even more of a disadvantage, because many types are very predictable e.g A fire team would usually run heatran or infernape leads.

Beat SCV 1-0...
    I feel bad for using Salamence, sorry, very cheap on my part

Dude getting two exceptions is godly as it is. Over at Team Destiny we use full mono's so I don't see how the number is relevant.

@Greene
    What I'm saying about weather and all that is not to say that it's the only way to win, but that it removes almost a whole aspect of competitive battle. Can it be a part of what makes CKN's gym special and even more challenging? Sure. But it doesn't change the fact that I now have to change a bunch of otherwise normal aspects to my teams.

Whatever I'm just b***ching. I can't change anything about his gym regardless and if I want to win, then I need to do it like everybody else.

ON Topic (which is currently off as it is)

I think that smogon's real complaint with mence is that it's hard to take it out without losing something first. Not that it can't be beaten, but that it guarantees massive damage to the opponent.

LanceTheDark

The Demon Horse Entei
    Years
  • Weavile makes any dragon sit in the corner including garchomp who should be in OU in my opinion mamoswine in almost just like chomper without th speed but more atk which ice shard makes up for.

Greene1516

Years
  • Anyone who thinks Garchomp should be in OU obviously doesn't understand the metagame very well and never played back when it was. Garchomp's stats and moves have little to do why he is uber, it is uber mainly because it over-centralized the metagame; every team has either Garchomp or at least 3 Garchomp counters and about 80% of teams were Sandstorm teams. Same thing with Manaphy.

Just to point out too Roshi, the smogon conversation is actually off topic, the topic on this thread is the league and its battles really.

No you fail

l to the o to the l
    Years
  • The reason Garchomp is uber is for two main reasons.

1) People crying over sand veil hax and when peoples ice shards hit yache berry lets it do not that much.

2) Scarfchomp checks EVERY scarfed threat pretty much and most set up sweepers such as DD mence.

The Roshi

I must become stronger...
    Years
  • @Greene

ON Topic (which is currently off as it is)
    Nuff said

I think that smogon's real complaint with mence is that it's hard to take it out without losing something first. Not that it can't be beaten, but that it guarantees massive damage to the opponent.

CKN my challenge to you is going to have to wait until tomorrow.

LanceTheDark

The Demon Horse Entei
    Years
  • Anyone who thinks Garchomp should be in OU obviously doesn't understand the metagame very well and never played back when it was. Garchomp's stats and moves have little to do why he is uber, it is uber mainly because it over-centralized the metagame; every team has either Garchomp or at least 3 Garchomp counters and about 80% of teams were Sandstorm teams. Same thing with Manaphy.

Just to point out too Roshi, the smogon conversation is actually off topic, the topic on this thread is the league and its battles really.
    I did play when he was in so you have another untrue statment and when is your gym opening

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back