• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    Quote from Serebii: To send Pokémon over to PokéWalker, you have to open a specific menu in-game. The location of this menu is currently unknown.

It's unknown, but where do I find it?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Quote from Serebii: To send Pokémon over to PokéWalker, you have to open a specific menu in-game. The location of this menu is currently unknown.

I see... then try to wait 'till Serebii will find it...

Well im in the town quite close to the lake of rage and that guy with the dragonite has gone to the rocket base thing underground
    Weird... in that time you should already have it...
    Maybe some event needs to be done...

level.

Forgot about user titles
    Years

I'm pretty sure there's a long page dedicated to the Pokewalker. Probably to the right.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I just did a Mystery Event with my SoulSilver game card. The gift I got looked to be a special Pikachu but when I went to get it at the Mart it wasn't a Pikachu but a little green box thing. Is that, the thing I need to unlock Yellow Forest on the PokeWalker?

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    One more. I'm in Olivine City, and I need a surfing Pokemon. Is there a Rod man or a not-a-Sentret around to remedy this?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    One more. I'm in Olivine City, and I need a surfing Pokemon. Is there a Rod man or a not-a-Sentret around to remedy this?
    Unfortunately there's no rod man, no rocks to be smashed or something...
    Ya have to have Slowpoke from Slowpoke's well I must say...
    Or check SPP if some of pokemon ya caught is able to learn Surf

Years
    He's in a house directly north of the Pokémon Center. You get the Good Rod from him.
    So I have to get Daisy to groom my Mons seven times or whatever? When can grooming occur specifically?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    I just did a Mystery Event with my SoulSilver game card. The gift I got looked to be a special Pikachu but when I went to get it at the Mart it wasn't a Pikachu but a little green box thing. Is that, the thing I need to unlock Yellow Forest on the PokeWalker?
    It most likely was since 1) The Yellow Forest event is going on now and 2) I can't think of what else it would be lol.

In GSC the grooming was from 3 PM - 4 PM every day, but I don't know if that's changed in HgSs or not.

Years
    Don't have the game but a question regarding it:
    You know how Groudon is in SS, and Kyogre is in HG, and if both are in the same you can get Rayquaza? Well, does the ''other'' have to be from the other game or can it be migrated from the GBA? What I mean is, say I get HG and catch Kyogre. What if I transfer Groudon from Ruby to Heart Gold? Will Rayquaza be unlocked, does anyone know?

Years
    Don't have the game but a question regarding it:
    You know how Groudon is in SS, and Kyogre is in HG, and if both are in the same you can get Rayquaza? Well, does the ''other'' have to be from the other game or can it be migrated from the GBA? What I mean is, say I get HG and catch Kyogre. What if I transfer Groudon from Ruby to Heart Gold? Will Rayquaza be unlocked, does anyone know?
    Sorry, but it has to be from the other game. That is to say if you caught Kyogre, then you need to transfer a Groudon from SoulSilver to unlock Rayquaza.

Years
    • Seen Oct 25, 2022
    Rattata doesn't like Dark Cave?/Pokemon moods?

Since I haven't learned Japanese enough to be able to read it, I'm playing the English patch of Soul Silver on my CylcoDS, but I'm asking my questions here since that hack only translates part of the text but the game play is the same, so the answers would apply to the official versions.

My Rattata is usually happy when I talk to him. Sometimes he even dances and has a music note over his head. The problem is that when I talk to him while in Dark Cave he has an angry face over his head. Some times while in there, he growls, jumps at me and has a fat red ! over his head. The text then says Kevin (Japanese writing) Baal (more Japanese writing)!. I tried loading the game on my PC to get a screen shot, but that didn't work. Has anyone else had that reaction from their pokemon? My trainer's name is Baal and my Rattata is Kevin. I haven't gotten far enough to get Flash or a pokemon that I want to use it on, so I don't know if Kevin is just mad because he doesn't like the dark or if it's because you're suppose to wait until later to even go in there.

Does anyone know where to find a list of the different moods a pokemon can have and what they mean?

Years
    Not as far as I know, no. You shouldn't need to worry about that, though; it's not like it has a huge impact on the gameplay, eh?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Since I haven't learned Japanese enough to be able to read it, I'm playing the English patch of Soul Silver on my CylcoDS, but I'm asking my questions here since that hack only translates part of the text but the game play is the same, so the answers would apply to the official versions.

My Rattata is usually happy when I talk to him. Sometimes he even dances and has a music note over his head. The problem is that when I talk to him while in Dark Cave he has an angry face over his head. Some times while in there, he growls, jumps at me and has a fat red ! over his head. The text then says Kevin (Japanese writing) Baal (more Japanese writing)!. I tried loading the game on my PC to get a screen shot, but that didn't work. Has anyone else had that reaction from their pokemon? My trainer's name is Baal and my Rattata is Kevin. I haven't gotten far enough to get Flash or a pokemon that I want to use it on, so I don't know if Kevin is just mad because he doesn't like the dark or if it's because you're suppose to wait until later to even go in there.

Does anyone know where to find a list of the different moods a pokemon can have and what they mean?
    Tested it with the 6 Pokemon currently in my team.
    Dark Cave, no Flash.

I think I got the same emotion from Vulpix, and it was this.
    Btw, Chihaya = trainer, Aysha = Vulpix.

"Aysha bumped into Chihaya in the darkness!"

So yeah, your Baal isn't mad or anything. He just bumped into you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back