• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Saturn

GUREITO!
    Years
    Just Rock Climb and Rock Smash? I'm surprised! But I think I can work Rock Smash in my team somewhere without an HM Slave. Thanks for the info! :)

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
    Years
    Goto the burned tower first. The rest should be easy after you see the legendary dogs. Advice with Morty, be careful. Use a Psychic or Dark type if you can. A Normal Type with those would be even better. Raticate comes to mind with Bite.

Years
    Goto the burned tower first. The rest should be easy after you see the legendary dogs. Advice with Morty, be careful. Use a Psychic or Dark type if you can. A Normal Type with those would be even better. Raticate comes to mind with Bite.
    Yeah that's a good strategy.
    you'll probably have better luck if you started with feraligatr as well.

KingdomBlade

Sora! I choose you!
    Years
    I wish I had thought of this when I was battling him. Huh. It took one try, but a hard try. That was the only one I had trouble so far. I doubt I'll have problems with Jasmine or Pryce. I wonder about Clair? Maybe an Ice Type attack would do the trick.

Years
    I wish I had thought of this when I was battling him. Huh. It took one try, but a hard try. That was the only one I had trouble so far. I doubt I'll have problems with Jasmine or Pryce. I wonder about Clair? Maybe an Ice Type attack would do the trick.
    yes, an ice move would be perfect... also pack a thunder or thuderpunch... or even dragon... because you can't use ice beam effectively against kingra. or gyarados.
    ;)

Years
    Hey, can anyone tell me a good way to catch Ho-oh without using a masterball? I've been trying for the last 3 hours. >.<

(btw: Oh and there actually is a Pokesav for HG/SS. Only it's in japanese.
    )

Years
    Hey, can anyone tell me a good way to catch Ho-oh without using a masterball? I've been trying for the last 3 hours. >.<
    well, i wasted 100 ultraballs then did a soft reset and used a masterball... so... paralyze it (thunderwave should do it), then get it down to around 1hp ish... although it's hard to paralyze cuz of safeguard.
    (btw: Oh and there actually is a Pokesav for HG/SS. Only it's in japanese.)
    I know.... that's why I don't use it.... lol....

Years
    You can buy Dusk Balls at the Safari Zone Gatehouse; wait until 8:00 and then fight it. It only took me 5 balls to get the Ho-oh at level 70.

Years
    You can buy Dusk Balls at the Safari Zone Gatehouse; wait until 8:00 and then fight it. It only took me 5 balls to get the Ho-oh at level 70.
    This is a great tip - Dusk Balls do serve as a great ball to catch Pokemon at night. Make sure you do have the time at 7:00 till 5:00.

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    i defeated claire, then went to the kimono place, but there was only one and nothing happened. what do i do now?

Tochukaso

Grass + Bug
    Years
    • Seen Dec 7, 2009
    where do you help them? cos im slightly stuck. the last one i helped was in the ice cave

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back