• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold & SoulSilver Question and Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

wikzan

FC: 0946 9273 6810 PM Me
    Years
    Depends have you got the 7th badge or is it your first time through, if its your first then all you need to do is get your bike, get the badge and the squirt bottle and your set, unless you wanna have a look in the underground then go ahead. after you get the 7th badge you will need to to go to the Radio Tower, but before you do that you will need a costume which is obtainable in the Underground market, then you can go and defeat the Rocket and then get a key from the, executive Rocket guy thats impersonating, the Boss guy of the Tower, then you can go to the underground extra part so you can then do that button puzzle and fight your rival.

I hope thats what you wanted, or n intro to what you need to do ^_^.

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    Quick Question I've been wondering about, since I'm planning to take a group of Pokémon through every region/game (Start in LeafGreen, trade to Ruby, migrate to Platinum and then trade to HeartGold when the English version is released) and complete the game.

I was wondering if, when a Pokémon originally caught in Gen III Kanto, it's caught location will show up as the same on HG/SS? For instance, will a Pikachu caught in Viridian Forest in LeafGreen say it was caught in Viridian Forest when it is traded to the new games?

yvette

Heyyyyyyy
    Years
    • Seen Jul 28, 2023
    Does anyone know what I have to do after beating the Johto E4? I got the S.S. Ticket from Elm, and I still can't go on the Bullet Train? lol

No clue where Oak is.

Years
    In order;

Johto Pokémon should show up as coming from a distant land or something to that effect if you trade it to DPPt.

The S.S. Ticket is for going on the S.S. Aqua, not the Magnet Train. Go to Olivine City and head into the harbor.

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Day Care Lady wont give me my pokemon back. I have a Ditto and Eevee in there, Ive done received one egg and it hatched. I have two slots free in my party, I have 5000 bucks, but when I talk to her it shows my money and two jap lines and then the convo is over. What do I have to do to get them out?

Years
    So I have my Mareep first in my party, and Nurse Joy says something. It's not like Pokerus, 'cuz I checked for that. Then I talked to Mareep a while later, and it had a question mark over its head and it like...asked me something (???) and I put yes and now it's mad. What the heck just happened?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    So I have my Mareep first in my party, and Nurse Joy says something. It's not like Pokerus, 'cuz I checked for that. Then I talked to Mareep a while later, and it had a question mark over its head and it like...asked me something (???) and I put yes and now it's mad. What the heck just happened?
    It's something like 'cause it lost a battle or something

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010
    Ok I'm mad. I finally managed to beat Clair. At least I think that's her name. The 8th gym in blackthorn. I beat her that's all that matters. She didn't give me my badge! Why? What did I not do? I need the badge to continue on :'(

LethalTexture

Breeder and Battler
    Years
    In order;

Johto Pokémon should show up as coming from a distant land or something to that effect if you trade it to DPPt.

The S.S. Ticket is for going on the S.S. Aqua, not the Magnet Train. Go to Olivine City and head into the harbor.

That's not what I meant.

I mean will 3rd Gen Kanto Pokémon still show up as their original places in HG/SS, and not Distant Land?

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Ok I'm mad. I finally managed to beat Clair. At least I think that's her name. The 8th gym in blackthorn. I beat her that's all that matters. She didn't give me my badge! Why? What did I not do? I need the badge to continue on :'(
    Ya have to meet elder in Dragon's Den xD
    And also ya can grab Dragon Fang :)

does anyone know if RNG breeding work's the same in hg/ss?
    Don't know what's the RNG... but breeding is working :)

Years
    • Age 36
    • Seen Oct 6, 2010

Ya have to meet elder in Dragon's Den xD
    And also ya can grab Dragon Fang :)

Don't know what's the RNG... but breeding is working :)

Aight thank you. I'm in there now. Stupid dratini was only lvl 12 and had special skin not to fall asleep so I couldn't catch him. Ultra ball didn't even shake once and he died in one hit. But a old man will give me one right?

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
    Yep, he'll give you one and it could come with Extremespeed, which can really help.. though it's not as useful ingame due to it having only 5 PP.

Years
    Well, I can't say for sure since I'm not there yet, but it appeared on Route 34 at level 10 in GSC and it appears on Route 34 once again, so it's definitely likely. Only if it says Faraway Place, though, if it says Distant Land, it's hacked.
    actually the only time it should say faraway place or distant land (which ever one it is) is if its from Colosseum or xd gale of darkness.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back