• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTHER POKEMON CAN FOLLOW YOU!!!!!

EVEN BIG ONES LIKE STEELIX!!!!

i wonder if legendaries can?

this game will by far be (dare I say it?) better than the originals!

Actually all 493 pokemon in the games will in fact be able to follow you ^_^

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    So the Unown are connected to Arceus? Mysterious! And exciting!

They certainly are and it makes a well played game. As Unowns are brought for more of a purpose than in the originals. It is also bringing in a closer relation the the Sinnoh legends and the Johto legends as well. Plus, people cannot say it would be an out of order placement for this event with Arceus including the Unowns because the Sinnoh timeline and Johto timeline run relatively the same.

Actually all 493 pokemon in the games will in fact be able to follow you ^_^

This statement here is true as the recently released HGSS Events aired on Japanese television showing even Arceus following the trainer. So, with this being said it backs up the thought of all 493 Pokémon having this capability. It will definitely keep complaints to a minimum for those who would continue to argue they would rather have their favorite Pokémon tag behind them instead.

Years
    It is true that in the scans the Team Rocket grunts were given pink-like hair. So, either in the game it is altered a bit, or this sprite has something of a more importance to the game. Whichever it is, we may find out later as the basic plot of the game begins to unravel itself after ten years since the originals.

Like said, they are gyms with a new structure and their own color to match their type. I wouldn't consider this a bad change at all, because it is something new. GameFreak tried to achieve something that wasn't done to other gyms in past games. Plus, it is kind of a benefit to the players, because if they may have forgotten what type the Gym Leader is, at least the represented color would give off an instant clue.

About the female grunt with the green hair, her hair is pink in the video. I think someone just tampered with the sprite by accident or something.

I actually like the idea that the gyms have a different look on the outside this time. It makes it look more special. I wonder if the Kanto gyms will look similar to the Johto ones or be given a different look seeing as it's two regions.

Years
    the games look fantastic look pretty fun to play to its about time they released a remake of these fantastic games waited for so long and by the looks of it it looks well worth the wait

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2022
    All these new screenshots look dank. I was inactive for like a week, and I came back yesterday and saw all this stuff and was like "ZOMGBAMF!"x10. lol. Can't wait for it.

HeartGoldnSoulSilver

is ready for the remakes.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    All these new screenshots look dank. I was inactive for like a week, and I came back yesterday and saw all this stuff and was like "ZOMGBAMF!"x10. lol. Can't wait for it.

There's more than just screen shots :) These games are gonna be the best ones yet, like many of you, I can't wait for it to come out.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    The site has updated - and with a release date for Japan!

September 12th 2009
    Pic here with that date - seems to double as a wallpaper as well?
    Spoiler:

Confirmed on serebii.net as well. 4800 yen is also the mentioned price. Other than that though, nothing else is new.

Minor detail - whirlpools are there underneath Lugia in the pic in the spoiler above... but that's rather minor. And possibly won't end up meaning Whirlpool is in as a HM or anything either, mind.

*has updated this into info thread*

Last edited:

engage'

a new horizon
    Years
    AAARGH D:
    Hurry up and come out in australia @_@;

I'm getting heart of gold the absolute DAY it comes out in Perth. I will sit at the shops from 3am a week beforehand and camp for this game.

Well, not really, but you get that I'm excited.

The artwork looks great, and the screenshots too.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    At least saying that the person likes the site background is being kept on topic, unlike others may do. O_o

However, he is right, the site background is a great new release of pictures. It is something that actually gives people more of an insight on the game rather than the basic Sugimori Map. Through the site background we actually were able to aquire a lot of information and detail on the game. For instance, we learned that each gym has earned a specific coloring to their outline to match each of their typing. We've seen insight on the houses, the Pokémon Center, Pokémon Mart and more. So, I wouldn't say that having this alone is useless as it gives out a ton of information. Pictures are worth a thousound words, and this is no exception.

Not to forget, we are given extra images. So, it isn't like this is the only image to reflect on, but there are more than share the same or new details on the game as well. So, each is very helpful when it comes to learning more about the game.

Hypergaming

Pikachu Palace!
    Years
    sorry, I was goung to post more but I had to get off. I like the New pokemon box, but not the bag so far because It looks like you can only see a few things at a time.

I found this wallpaper on the site and it has a date on it...
    Spoiler:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    That date there is the release date for Japan - September the 12th, yo. We've already seen that wallpaper though - it's been out for a week, give or take a few days.

Back