• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    In that case then, check the Info thread here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180796 (same as the rules thread - stickied at the top of the HG/SS section as well). It's updated with the latest info, so I suggest checking that next time then.

I wonder when we'll get the info on the other blanked-out sections... will be interesting to see what's new from them. (Or simply to see art of characters and pretty pictures, I suppose). I suspect the next update might be close to the next Coro Coro, potentially...

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    In that case then, check the Info thread here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=180796 (same as the rules thread - stickied at the top of the HG/SS section as well). It's updated with the latest info, so I suggest checking that next time then.

I wonder when we'll get the info on the other blanked-out sections... will be interesting to see what's new from them. (Or simply to see art of characters and pretty pictures, I suppose). I suspect the next update might be close to the next Coro Coro, potentially...

We are finally in the month of July, so I would be expecting any new releases of Coro Coro scans from some time next week or as we get closer to at least the 14th of this month. I do expect a lot of new information to be released seeing as after this month, we only have one more month before the Japanese release.

As to what we may be able to expect, I would say possibly some Gym Leader shots as well as Kanto finally being officially revealed. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they reveal what has been covered by clouds [Battle Tower]and the new areas and insight on more cities as well. Possible more screenshots of other Pokémon following either the male or female character of the game too. I expect some great things to be released though as we've only got a matter of time before the 12th of September.

It surprises me how fast time flies by and now we are nearing the Japanese release ever so quickly. Pretty soon, it really won't be long before we get news on the American release date.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Personally, I'm hoping we get to see them play as the girl for once. :x
    And I'm curious to see the trainer card. Not just for the sprite, but to know if they're going to keep the badge shining gimmick from D/P/Pt or not. Plus, gym leader closeups ♥

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Personally, I'm hoping we get to see them play as the girl for once. :x
    And I'm curious to see the trainer card. Not just for the sprite, but to know if they're going to keep the badge shining gimmick from D/P/Pt or not. Plus, gym leader closeups ♥

They'll most likely show all of that stuff in the next issue of Coro Coro Magazine, they could've done something better about the girl's sprite, they should of left it as Kris

:t354:TG

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Yet again, the website (link again: https://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss) has updated. Mostly the recent Coro Coro pictures, but in higher quality and all, plus the odd few pictures, are the main changes.

There's an addition to the characters page, which includes your Mother and the Kimono Girl/s... Legendary Beast art (https://www.pokemon.co.jp/special/hgss/pokemon/03.html), various more pictures showing off the Pokegear, and so forth. Updates a-plenty, mostly of the visual variety.

Last edited:
    Years
    The dogs' new artwork looks so good, Raikou's is my favourite, i jsut hope they don't muck up their sprites (they haven't entei's, yay).
    i hope all the "coming soon" tabs get updated soon, i really wanna know what else they've got to show us :(

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    HG SS pokemon sprites thread

Ok here are some images of the new battle sprites of HG SS tell me what you think!
    HeartGold/SoulSilver site opens! Image overhaul.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    PokeGear thread

Ok so here r some pics on the pokegear so dissus what you think about the new features!

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
    Years
    They look pretty good but the sparkly bits around Red Gyarados seem a bit too much

So is the pokegear going to be on the Stylus

Last edited by a moderator:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years

Sorry if I seem mean but I just wanted to post a much cleaner and proper setup. Anyway it seems the icons are sorts of marks you make for each town/city/route. Note the apricorns.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Sorry if I seem mean but I just wanted to post a much cleaner and proper setup. Anyway it seems the icons are sorts of marks you make for each town/city/route. Note the apricorns.
    Dw, thanks 4 the tip and yeah it looks lyk it

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
    Years
    looks like suicune and Entei are on the map which means two things:
    One, Despite Eusine being in the game, you will not be able to catch Suicune in the tin tower.
    and two, I won't have to pull out the pokédex every time I change routes when I'm gerbil hunting

Gyarados' pose is just awesome, but entei loojs kind of weird. hopefully it's only beta, and will be changed.
    I also think Silver looks awesome!!! Gold's backsprite is amazing, i'll be honored to look at it for a second or two every time a battle begins.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    looks like suicune and Entei are on the map which means two things:
    One, Despite Eusine being in the game, you will not be able to catch Suicune in the tin tower.
    and two, I won't have to pull out the pokédex every time I change routes when I'm gerbil hunting
    uhhhh...its rikou(soz for spelling that wrong) and entei on that map not suicune

They look pretty good but the sparkly bits around Red Gyarados seem a bit too much
    you may actuarly have a point there

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Ok here are some images of the new battle sprites of HG SS tell me what you think!

Silver Sprite = <3
    Pokemon Sprites = <3

Gold back-sprite = Meh.

The pose looks awkward and the edges look rushed compared to the others :\ he *might* be in mid animation at the point of the screenshots... but otherwise it looks kinda rushed to me :S

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    These pictures came from the official website, so it's the website update discussion thread it goes.

But interesting - they went back to the old Silver sprite? Hmm... that was the first version they showed, and then this one appeared:

I'm unsure if this one had been on the website though. Fact that it is exactly the same as the previous (Pokeball still upside down, probably due to being part of an animation) seems to suggest that, to me. Either way - that pic ain't new. =P

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    These pictures came from the official website, so it's the website update discussion thread it goes.

But interesting - they went back to the old Silver sprite? Hmm... that was the first version they showed, and then this one appeared:

I'm unsure if this one had been on the website though. Fact that it is exactly the same as the previous (Pokeball still upside down, probably due to being part of an animation) seems to suggest that, to me. Either way - that pic ain't new. =P
    It'll probably be the same as...erm...either RBY or FRLG...I can't remember which of them (maybe both), but in them, Gary looked different every couple of times we saw him...or maybe it was the same look for the whole run, then a different look for the champ-thing.

Years
    I think they waited until the last minute to make the rival's battle sprite. The first one was just something they had to do quickly to put in the magazine. Then, they redid it and made it look more like the actual artwork. Hopefully, it's animated.

How awesome are these graphics? (Whitney appears to have the same outfit as last time. I like how they kept the Clefairy design, but altered the levels of the gym. Are there guys in her gym? There weren't any last time. It also appears that the Beauty Trainers may be brunettes this time instead of blonds.) Bugsy's gym looks so incredible! I love the spiderweb and the Spinarak movement devices. Aaron of Sinnoh's Elite Four would love this! :D

Back