• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

The Red Chain

I can imagine the battle scenes will be strikingly similar to how Platinum's looks.

Hooray for backgrounds!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    IT will most likely look similar. I would wonder if they'll add in the health bar like the ones in DP or like in Pt though?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    IT will most likely look similar. I would wonder if they'll add in the health bar like the ones in DP or like in Pt though?
    I will go out on a limb and say they will make a 3rd one and make the battle screen look more sleek. Seriously I know they didn't do any of this with FR/LG but the DS is much more capable.

The Red Chain

I'm personally hoping not.. the way the health bar stuck out in Plat was a huge eye sore. x_x

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I say the new bar in Platinum was made that way to match the theme of Giratina, but the DP Health Bar for the Battle Scene in GSDS will seem more likely.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder because I love the new Platinum style HP bars.

Yes, and the HP bars is something I been thinking about. I wonder if they'll look the same as how Platinum's is, or if it will be different?

The Red Chain

I wonder if they'll look the same as how Platinum's is, or if it will be different?

Hopefully a little different if not dramatically.
    You know what I hope they get rid of? The 'BEEP BEEP' whenever your Pokemon has low HP.
    I mean, is that really necessary?

Most of us actually watch the screen when we are battling and don't need an annoying signal.

Last edited:

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't think they would ever get rid of that noise, seeing as it has been there since the very first games. Though, I do agree it is annoying.

Anyway, the Health Bar, might just look a tiny bit different, just like how FRLG had a tiny difference from that of RSE.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Hopefully a little different if not dramatically.
    You know what I hope they get rid of? The annoying 'BEEP BEEP' whenever your Pokemon has low HP.
    I mean, is that really necessary?

I strongly agree. I always turn my volume off sometimes, but I guess it is just there to warn you. I highly doubt they would get rid of it though.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
    I hope they don't spoil the PokeGear, it was really one of the big highlights of the game for me. I mean the similar things they made for DPPt, and RSE were.. nothing compared to the PokeGear. My fear is they try too hard and spoil it.
    But hopefully they'll make a Crystal re-make as well eh?

EDIT: Y'no what would be cool, just something I thought of then. Something like Poke Ranger but in Kanto or Hoen :D

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    I like the red zone beep. It adds to the tension of battles, when you're last pokemon's in the red against Lance's Dragonite, and you're begging for Hyrdo Pump to hit.... I guess it just reminds me of being 8 and beating the Elite Four for the first time. That's the beauty of pokemon, it always takes you back to childhood.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
    To be honest, I agree with the childhood aspect. I only borrowed Pt off a friend, it really doesn't have that.. old school pokemon feel if you ask me. The same old story line is getting pretty generic.
    I'm so psyched for HG/SS cause it's a GSC re-make. Which is undoubtedly THE best pokemon series ever. This I will definitely buy, there's so much potential to add in newer generations of pokemon as well.
    I actually dug out my old Crystal GBC cartridge and started playing it again, I just hope they don't spoil what was, and still is, a really awesome game.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    To be honest, I agree with the childhood aspect. I only borrowed Pt off a friend, it really doesn't have that.. old school pokemon feel if you ask me. The same old story line is getting pretty generic.
    I'm so psyched for HG/SS cause it's a GSC re-make. Which is undoubtedly THE best pokemon series ever. This I will definitely buy, there's so much potential to add in newer generations of pokemon as well.
    I actually dug out my old Crystal GBC cartridge and started playing it again, I just hope they don't spoil what was, and still is, a really awesome game.
    Oh do not worry. I have a feeling this will truly be great and only in visual aspects and some tweaks will this be different. Great stuff is ahead trust me.

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
    Yeah, I'm counting on it >:P
    I also hope they add the ruins of alph mini-games in, with the touch screen of course ;D

Veng3anc3

Woah..
    Years
    With it being on the DS, it really really does have a lot of potential for re-vamping old events.
    More.. animation, so to speak. And WiFi, I mean, c'mon, what are you guys expecting of the WiFi features?
    Or is there already a thread for that? haha

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    With it being on the DS, it really really does have a lot of potential for re-vamping old events.
    More.. animation, so to speak. And WiFi, I mean, c'mon, what are you guys expecting of the WiFi features?
    Or is there already a thread for that? haha
    Well I expect the blocks to look a bit 3D. And wifi?
    Bug contest
    Battle Tower if in
    Uh mingames?
    GTS?

I dunno so many possibilities.

Back