• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    If we can get Gen III pokemon at some point, I don't think it'll be necessary...
    But they might include it anyway. Not that I'd ever use it though, since I don't own any GBA games.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Well I don't think they would keep a monotone sprite just because it would be easier for hackers... so I think its entirely possible for Pokemon to have their own surf sprites.
    Well, everyone thinks that, but they really don't like the games to get all glitchy. They do that with everything else, actually. It's why Arceus has a ???-type form.

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
    Abandoning the glitch topic, they will probably remove being able to catch both Ho-oh and Lugia in 1 game. It would spoil the "effect".

I think Silver's sprite is good. Hasn't anyone wondered about the second floor of professor elm's lab? I wonder whats up there.

Also, the new pokedex looks more like a scrapbook than a pokedex. The only thing I like it's new touchscreen navigation.

Finally,.....
    HO-OH FTW!!

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Abandoning the glitch topic, they will probably remove being able to catch both Ho-oh and Lugia in 1 game. It would spoil the "effect".

I think Silver's sprite is good. Hasn't anyone wondered about the second floor of professor elm's lab? I wonder whats up there.

Also, the new pokedex looks more like a scrapbook than a pokedex. The only thing I like it's new touchscreen navigation.

Finally,.....
    HO-OH FTW!!

I wouldn't think they'll remove them as it'll just give Tin Towers no reason in SoulSilver and it'll give the Whirl Islands no purpose in HeartGold. Not to mention, they've been showing the two Pokémon strongly at their respective locations, so I would think they'll make a return in both games. However, it is Kyogre and Groudon that has become exclusive for the game, which is interesting to note.

Many have wondered what is up in the second floor of the lab. There has been many speculations on whether it is just there for no reason, to being the place to get the Rotom forms and it has also been said that it may be just there to follow more on how Silver managed to steal one of the starters. It is a question right now, but I'm sure we'll get it figured out when later scans or information comes out.

The PokéDex has gotten a massive update from the front interface to within. Even though it may look like pages, I think it seems more organized and heavily detailed. I think they did a good job on this and the next generation will have to come really good to top this game, for being a simple remake.

Also, yes Ho-Oh and Lugia for the win. It is definitely great to have the remakes confirmed indeed.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Just like others said, I really don't see the need for there to be a Pal Park in these games. Since the player will be able to catch Gen. 1 in Johto that takaes away the need to migrate from LeafGreen and FireRed. Also, with many people now having the DSi, migrating in would be impossible unless you traded over from DPP.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Yes... yes I did... and I don't know why, for the life of me... O_o

Anyways I still think not, since you can get all of the generations Pokemon in this game and from DPP.

Last edited:

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    Okay my opinions I doubt that they will put in pal park because of the dsi. They want to sell more dsi so then if they are promoting the dsi. Then why would they put it in they would be making dsi ware or whatever they are called me personally I wont buy a dsi. If they would put one in my guess would be they would put it in kanto.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I don't think so, there's no real need.

There might be, I don't know =/

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
    Years
    Okay my opinions I doubt that they will put in pal park because of the dsi. They want to sell more dsi so then if they are promoting the dsi.
    But then again, they're promoting the DS Lite, too. People are already buying the Dsi for its other amazing features, the internet access and built-in cameras being only a few. It really doesn't need any help from HG/SS. If they put in Pal Park, it will encourage people to buy the DS Lite too. Get the people who are unwilling to spend money on a Dsi, to buy the original. Get both of them selling at a steady pace, keep both empires alive.

-Leaf

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2010
    Remember the old man in brock's city that gives you the other games spacial item for the mascot (silver wing or lugia and rainbow wing for ho-oh)
    since groudon / kyogre would be available, would they be replaced with the counterpart?

mewunlimited

is yet to be discovered
    Years
    The PokéDex has gotten a massive update from the front interface to within. Even though it may look like pages, I think it seems more organized and heavily detailed. I think they did a good job on this and the next generation will have to come really good to top this game, for being a simple remake.

Also, yes Ho-Oh and Lugia for the win. It is definitely great to have the remakes confirmed indeed.

Keep in mind that johto is supposed to be way more oldfashioned than the other regions. That would explain the scrapbook-acy of the pokedex. This is why johto is very much like the countryside. And it's not ho-oh and lugia, just ho-oh. I like him better.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    The new map of Johto has a discrepancy as opposed to its original. Did a river always run through the routes south of Blackthorn?

It saddens me to see that Goldenrod has a standard Pokémon Center in it.
    No actually that river is new as well as that new area next to the national park and Cianwood got some kinda river and there is a cave above the mount motar enterance the ruins are less cave like and more anciet tomb like and goldenrod for now is unreckognizable. The old Johto is still there albeit out of date and not usable. I am betting the only way the old guides can be used is for plots and all. Maps will change it seems(there is now a patch of grass before the guy who stops you if you do not have the badge from Falkner on route 32) and it looks like they will be more detailed and richer meaning it will be hard to see the original look at first. Johto has literally been ripped a new one.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Some things do appear to be the same though - although there are places with some changes here and there, places such as the Slowpoke cave look preety much identical to what they were in GSC, down to the exact positions of the Team Rocket people. (Or leastways, from what I remember of it - but I remember it only too well XD).

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Yeah but goldenrod has changed the most I think. Hell there seems to be a path going to the left from the radio tower isntead of it properly stopping.

Back