• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Too sad...Anyway, the Dragon's Den...I'm most definitely sure they'll keep that, plus we get a certain item from there as well.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I forgot what item you get there.

I wouldn't like the Dragon's Den to be replaced or anything, to me it was pretty cool in the game for some reason.

Years
  • I hope they keep Dragon's Den. And I think they should leave Kanto in. If they got rid of Kanto, it would only be half a remake. I wouldn't mind contests. Maybe if they were in Kanto? I just hope they keep what I want kept : Bug Catching Contest, Dragon's Den, Kanto... NO SEVII ISLANDS. I despised the Sevii Islands. There were too many imo. I got bored of them.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Sevii Islands, the only question is, will there be enough memory and space in the DS Card?

Anyway, contests, I would love them, but we'll have to wait and see. I mean May went to the Kanto with Ash and Co. to enter contests, but in FRLG, no contests ever showed up.

Years
  • Yeah...I wouldn't mind if the Sevii Islands were there or not. I just won't go there. lol (I was kidding about "despising" the Sevii Islands, btw.) I didn't mind it really. I just would have preferred the Orange Islands, but then again Anime =/= Games.

I would really like to see what Goldenrod City looks like next or at least see what some trainer sprites look like.

Years
    • Seen Apr 21, 2013
    ooo ok now i know what the sevii islands are the islands in fr/lg and no i dont think they should add those they have already been done.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I hope they keep Dragon's Den. And I think they should leave Kanto in. If they got rid of Kanto, it would only be half a remake. I wouldn't mind contests. Maybe if they were in Kanto? I just hope they keep what I want kept : Bug Catching Contest, Dragon's Den, Kanto... NO SEVII ISLANDS. I despised the Sevii Islands. There were too many imo. I got bored of them.

And to make sure they do not want to remake Ruby or Sapphire, they should have you go to the moon for Jirachi, and have Kyogre be on one of the Seafoam Islands , Groudon on Mt. ember, and Rayquaza in the Power Plant.

Then They should keep the ability to be able to catch both Ho Oh and Lugia in both games like in the originals. Shaymin should be located where the White Rock in Kanto is ,and the two new Eeveelutions should be in this game as well. If the remakes have these features, it would be great!

I think if they include Kanto, they won;t include the Sevii islands. The islands were to make FireRed/LeafGreen to be more than just a redo with better graphics, it was an addition, which is what I'm worried about with HGSS. Having Kanto and Johto is doable, but there is a game capacity, having the Sevii islands would be hard too. And they can add something to Johto so they don't have to have Kanto, like a Battle Frontier.

Everything and more that was in GS is going to be in these remakes. Since Nintendo is making higher memory capacity NDS cards(I remember 6 Gigabytes). I would not put aside there being both regions ,the Sevii islands , Battle Frontier and perhaps ,the Orange Islands in the remake. I would also expect for the game to be harder than the originals because the Pokemon would be leveled higher to give a better challenge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Does anyone remember Pokemon Radio? Where there was the Oak Broadcast, and you could play music to bring Pokemon and repel Pokemon? Anyone think this is worht keeping in the game?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    And to make sure they do not want to remake Ruby or Sapphire, they should have you go to the moon for Jirachi, and have Kyogre be on one of the Seafoam Islands , Groudon on Mt. ember, and Rayquaza in the Power Plant.

I believe that you missed Latias and Latios. Besides, we need to make certain that Celebi will be obtainable first.

The Hero Without a Name

Da bee dee da ba mouse...
    Years
  • Given that there were only three trainer intro themes in GSC, will they stay the same in HGSS? I'd personally give the Cooltrainers a, well, "Cooltrainer theme" with the rest of the trainer classes keeping their GSC ones. Any other speculations?

Years
    • Seen Jun 6, 2009
    Celebi I think is almost definately going to be obtainable in the remake. It'll be a WiFi obtainable Pokemon liek Shaymin or the Rotom Forms.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Maybe they could add a trip to the moon where we could catch Jirachi
    I don't think that is necessary for a Gold and Silver remake. Come on people, this is a remake of Gold and Silver, not of Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald. You have to remember that even in the original game, Jirachi wasn't obtainable that way.
    I hope they have pokemon contests, becuase in the anime it states there is contests in Johto, that is why may left, so they should have contests
    Pokemon contests are a must in new games. Even though they are from a newer generation, they give us that new face to Pokemon and a new way to play.
    I hope they keep Dragon's Den. And I think they should leave Kanto in. If they got rid of Kanto, it would only be half a remake. I wouldn't mind contests. Maybe if they were in Kanto? I just hope they keep what I want kept : Bug Catching Contest, Dragon's Den, Kanto... NO SEVII ISLANDS. I despised the Sevii Islands. There were too many imo. I got bored of them.
    Dragon's Den is a very important part of Gold and Silver. The last gym leader and everything buuuutt, Sevii Islands were really never confirmed to be Johto Islands. It was more of a speculation of what they were were and they were boring IMO. Too many of them. The addition of Kanto, while not half of the game, is very improtant to the storyline. Also, it would be better if they made it much harder to get through. I got through Kanto in Silver in 45 minutes.
    Honestly, I wouldn't mind the Sevii Islands, the only question is, will there be enough memory and space in the DS Card?

Anyway, contests, I would love them, but we'll have to wait and see. I mean May went to the Kanto with Ash and Co. to enter contests, but in FRLG, no contests ever showed up.
    Like I was saying, contests are a much newer addition into the world of Pokemon. It is a must for all new Pokemon games because they give a difference to the way Pokemon is played.
    Does anyone remember Pokemon Radio? Where there was the Oak Broadcast, and you could play music to bring Pokemon and repel Pokemon? Anyone think this is worht keeping in the game?
    I remember Pokemon radio. I want it to be back, remember, it was the item used to wake up Snorlax. I also used to love using it to attract area-specific
    I believe that you missed Latias and Latios. Besides, we need to make certain that Celebi will be obtainable first.
    You're right there. Make the Johto priorities first.
    Celebi I think is almost definately going to be obtainable in the remake. It'll be a WiFi obtainable Pokemon liek Shaymin or the Rotom Forms.
    I really hope so. We need Celebi because it hasn't been ubtainable in most games. Where better than a Johto remake, right?

Years
  • Guys, guys. We're probably NOT going to see Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza in this game, at least not without the help of a promo event. (much like Navel Rock)

GAME FREAK are very conservative about what regions they allow their cover legendaries to appear in, and so far, excluding Colo/XD (which are not made by GF), no cover legendary has appeared outside its game set of origin. I don't expect this to change.

A wi-fi event is the only possibility.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'd like to see the Dragon Den back again. I kinda liked the place (who doesn't like an underground lake underneath...a lake? XD), and the music there too. That at seieng the rival there again was interesting to do as well, after becoming the champion.

And I wonder if the Extremespeed Dratini will be given again?

As for the Hoenn Legendaries... it'd be unlikely to see them back in so readily, really - the best chance they have is if the Sevii Islands are in, or another new, small place (realistically, there will be no Hoenn here). Even then I find it unlikely to see them slot in...

What's interesting though is that if a number of them are absent, perhaps yet another game - say a Wii RPB could be done to given people them. That is, if they want to, but it's possibly one of the more likely outcomes (considering Genius Sonority are making 'a' game which they can't say what that is, last time I checked their website). BUT ANYWAYS.
    Maybe they could add a trip to the moon where we could catch Jirachi
    Unlikely, unless it works as an event, where you need an item from Wi-fi or a movie promo or something like that, given it is an event-only Pokemon.
    Given that there were only three trainer intro themes in GSC, will they stay the same in HGSS? I'd personally give the Cooltrainers a, well, "Cooltrainer theme" with the rest of the trainer classes keeping their GSC ones. Any other speculations?
    Only three - I recalled there being more, actually - at least 8 of them, methinks? Inlcuding Team Rcoket's and the Rival's all for instance, but.
    o no wonder i got them mixed up. the sevil islands was just a filler on the show then??
    The Ds can add in so much more and so much that is unexpected at the moment.

The Sevii Islands were not part of the anime, but they were mentioned in the manga
    To clear up the confusion - Lugia and Ho-Oh began in the Whirl Islands and Tin Tower respectively. Then in the 3rd gen they were obtainable in the GC games - Ho-oh at Mt Battle in Colo after fully completing the game and beating a 100-battle challenge, and Lugia in XD during the storyline. But in addition to this - you could actually get Lugia and Ho-oh in the Sevii Islands! However, this was all from Nintendo events - you needed a special 'ticket' that allowed you access to two other Islands, which had the two catchable on them. Needless to say that event has finished long ago.

Last edited:

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I will feel safe that this game is going to be great if they tweak the den into the crystal one. Otherwise it will still be great just without some stuff that I wanted. XD

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
  • Guys, guys. We're probably NOT going to see Kyogre/Groudon/Rayquaza in this game, at least not without the help of a promo event. (much like Navel Rock)

GAME FREAK are very conservative about what regions they allow their cover legendaries to appear in, and so far, excluding Colo/XD (which are not made by GF), no cover legendary has appeared outside its game set of origin. I don't expect this to change.

A wi-fi event is the only possibility.
    I hope it won't be like Platinum, where the game has some Legendaries that was out-of-region.

I will feel safe that this game is going to be great if they tweak the den into the crystal one. Otherwise it will still be great just without some stuff that I wanted. XD
    … like the free Dratini?

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • I hope it won't be like Platinum, where the game has some Legendaries that was out-of-region.

… like the free Dratini?
    Not only that but the map. It was a much needed imrpovement. Like the Victory Road. That is the only thing I will complain about this game if it has the 10 minute walk.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I would only hope that Victory Road will be a bit more longer. I mean it was just way too easy to go through, in my opinion.

Back