• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Red is obviously either going to look like he did in FireRed and LeafGreen or they'll give him a more modern look than that. I mean it is pretty certain he'll get some kind of new appearance seeing as we have a new female, and a new look. We've got Gold who looks new, and then I'm sure Silver will have a new look as well. Mostly or almost everyone in the game will have somewhat of a similar to modern style. Red's team on the other hand should stay the same, but gain higher levels and a newer moveset. That is something Barry took the title of and Red needs it back again. It'll definitely bring back a large nostalgic feel with Red in Mt. Silver and I'm hoping he'll be a tough challenge compared to before.

I'll be happy to see Red back though, as challenging him in the game was a surprise at first and definitely fun. It seemed like we were battling ourselves from three years ago back in Kanto. Actually, thinking of this and how they added in a female in FRLG, I actually do wonder that if you play as a female in the remakes, if Red will be altered to be Leaf, the female from FRLG. I mean, if it is like battling yourself three years ago, then battling the female if you were a girl before would make sense. Though, that is just basic speculation on my part, but it would be a bit interesting. As I'd like to know a team they'd give her and exactly how she may be portrayed.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I think the TM's will stay the same as DPPt.

Apricorns, I'd like to see a return of them however you'll probably get stuff like Net Ball, Nest Ball, Heal Ball etc.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Thread on TM's/Old items merged here.

TMs are more than likely to stay the same, as they are tradeable items - changing what they are would create problems with trading D/P/Pt. (Which is why the TMs are the same in RSE/FR/LG, and the first 50 also stay the same for D/P/Pt).

Apricorns is unsure, along with the other old items - if they do come back, they'd have to be non-tradeable items, on way or another. (Besides maybe the RageCandyBar, which apparently has coding in Platinum...?) I'd like to see some of the old items come back though.

The Berries will probably be replaced by the current ones.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2022
    Apricorns is unsure, along with the other old items - if they do come back, they'd have to be non-tradeable items, on way or another. (Besides maybe the RageCandyBar, which apparently has coding in Platinum...?) I'd like to see some of the old items come back though.
    The RageCandyBar is mentioned in Platinum, but there is no such coding for the actual item.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    Day Care in HG/SS

In the original G/S you could see and talk to the Pokemon, but back then they only had about 5 sprites. What would they do? Just 5 sprites seem boring, but there is 493 different Pokemon, not counting form variations.

But we have also seen the starters and Pichu sprites. Do you think that they will have all 493+ Pokemon in the game, but that would take up a lot of space.

Or might that just remove the talking and do what they do in D/P/Pt, and just show certain Pokemon always there and not show yours.

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • The Pokemon Communication Center.....

In G/S we English people did not get the Pokemon Communication Center. Instead, we got the same old Pokemon Center. However, now that G/S has a remake, we may finally get the Pokemon Communication Center in Goldenrod City, Johto.

Well... what do you think? Will The PCS come to us in the English version? Or not?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Merged thread regarding seeing Pokemon in the Day Care here, as it comes under speculation. EDIT: Same for the thread on the 'Pokemon Communication Centre'. (Personally, I a bit doubtful if it'll turn up in any of the games here... seems kinda like an out of data thing? Unless they bring back the mobile thing for a possible Celebi event instead of using a movie or WiFi or something like that instead... there's no need for it.)

Personally, I'd like to be able to go and walk in the Day Care Centre and all, and see my Pokemon... might be odd if it's a legendary Pokemon though. XD (And would their sprites be bigger as well then?)
    The RageCandyBar is mentioned in Platinum, but there is no such coding for the actual item.
    Indeed it is. Some people say it is in the coding, but I'm kinda doubtful about that, really. (And if it's in Platinum but not in DP... =/) But we shall see what happens with those items. I'd think we'd probably see RageCandyBars back in one way or another though given the reference there...

Last edited:

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
  • PCS? Explain please? Never heard of it. :/

In Japan there was a bulding in Goldenrod City called the Pokemon Mobile Communications Center replacing the Pokemon Center. It allowed users of a mobile phone to get a Celebi event. However, this was not included in the English version of G/S.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    In G/S/C we had different items and TM's. Do you think tehy'll return as exclusives in this game or they'll use the items we have? Maybe they'll replace the appricorns with berries to make pokeballs? o.O I don't know.

For the TMs, they will more than likely stay as what was brought to us in DPPt. For support, I'd look at FRLG and RSE for reference. RSE introduced new TMs, but when the FRLG remakes were out, they stuck to the same format and followed the RSE TMs. Same with DPPt, except they added on more to make 100 TMs in all. I'd say this will be the same.

You know what, there was speculation before on what may happen to the Apricorns. If they were kept, then they'll have to remain untradeable as DPPt have no coding or use for them. By stating this, if the appricorns are kept, then I say they might be stored in a seperate section of the bag like how the berries are.

Speaking of berries, they'll probably change. By this I mean, from the originals, they'll probably be changed to match that of DPPt and the effects given to them as well. This will definitely be needed for Wi-Fi purposes as well, seeing as some berries are very useful when it comes to competitive battling.

Merged thread regarding seeing Pokemon in the Day Care here, as it comes under speculation.

Personally, I'd like to be able to go and walk in the Day Care Centre and all, and see my Pokemon... might be odd if it's a legendary Pokemon though. XD (And would their sprites be bigger as well then?)
    Indeed it is. Some people say it is in the coding, but I'm kinda doubtful about that, really. (And if it's in Platinum but not in DP... =/) But we shall see what happens with those items. I'd think we'd probably see RageCandyBars back in one way or another though given the reference there...

It was sad they took this feature with the DayCare Center away in RSE and then DPPt. I too would enjoy walking in to see my Pokémon strolling around the Center freely. It will indeed add back the nostalgic feel like what the originals had done. As for how large it may be, I'm not certain. Except, I definitely think this is possible as we even have our starters with OW sprites and a few other Pokémon too.

With the RageCandyBar, I'd like to see this come back. It was referred to in DPPt, and I think it has a chance of making a return to the remakes. It is uncertain if DPPt may have coding for it, but if not then it may be stored somewhere else in the game that'll deny access to trade it into DPPt. We'll basically have to wait and see how this comes about later on.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    In Japan there was a bulding in Goldenrod City called the Pokemon Mobile Communications Center replacing the Pokemon Center. It allowed users of a mobile phone to get a Celebi event. However, this was not included in the English version of G/S.

You know what, I remember this, and it was like this because America had too many different phone services in which it made it almost impossible to have the Celebi event brought to the US and other counties I believe. Though, with today, it may or may not return. Except, I see Celebi event being held through a Wi-Fi event with the GS Ball hopefully being involved.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • That would be cool if it were to be held via wi-fi. The idea of the GS ball included would be sweet. It was an important part of the amine fat a certain point and it would be cool if it were to be in HG and SS as well. Possibly even getting to use it, or getting a reward for keeping it safe would be fitting if it were to include the GS ball.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'm pretty sure they're going to make a Wonder Card event for Celebi like they did for the Key(for the Rotom appliances), you'll probably get a GS Ball and have to place it in the Ilex Shrine.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    To me, Red was the long-held goal for completing G/S/C. Although not strictly the end of the game (I mean, you can still basically do everything you did before), it gives a true sense of completion.
    I personally think they will give Red his FRLG attire. Yes, while it would be very nostalgic to hav him wear the older clothes, it just seems to fit. Somebody above raised the fact that the Yellow (Red) sprite was used, and that there was no Yellow remake. It was still Red, the character we played as, so I believe he'll just be wearing the FRLG outfit.
    Also, somebody raised the fact that we now have a girl called Blue (no, wait.. Green.) to take into consideration. I believe something'll be done. Perhaps if you play as a girl, you battle Green, or if you play as a boy you battle Red. Seems a bit unlikely, but i'd like to see Green tied into the game somehow. She does exist now, for one thing.
    actually,her name is leaf

Ooka

[font=Maven Pro][color=#A75EE2]Cosmic[/color][/fon
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure they're going to make a Wonder Card event for Celebi like they did for the Key(for the Rotom appliances), you'll probably get a GS Ball and have to place it in the Ilex Shrine.

I doubt it. Celebi hasn't been available by cartridge without cheating ever (Without using events or bonus disks of course), so I'm sure it's about time they stuck it in one, and what better time than the release of a G/S remake?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Making the rounds now since the first few Coro Coro scans came through (thread on them here), there's now thoughts that Johto may be bigger by a bit... going on what is the Johto Map in the background:
    HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Maybe we have a few new areas to expect, now.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    With these new looks and new areas, Johto will definitely seem bigger. I thought the new graphics and tile layout of it was big enough, but wow, they have been really putting in time, dedication, and consideration to these games. It is definitely going to be on my top to get for next year when it's released.

I've got to say though, could one of these new areas be a possible new league. I mean, a new league to seperate the Kanto and Johto league to have their own. tThis will allow us to get the National Dex earlier in the game. It'll probabaly also allow us to get the new Generation Pokémon earlier for further adventures into the game as well. Cianwood, it definitely appears to be getting a new look to match that of Canalave City. If that is bridges and a canal, then I think it'll be a nice and new fresh touch to the location.

Things have been turned into a more modern style. With the excessive amount of new space in teh DS cartridges compared to that of what we had in GB Color and GBA games, the new features are going to be quite a lot. New appearances, new looks, new events, new places, new and twisted storylines. It's going to be something to enjoy, I just hope it isn't altered too much where the great feel we had once in GSC is taken away.

Back