• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Spoiler:

We have more info on the Jirachi now - it's an event Pokemon, given out in Japan (and more specifically, McDonalds - leastways, they have a significant role in the handing out of them - however there is some confusion on whether Jirachi will be entirely given out via local Wireless or not) for D/P/Pt. It is said that trading it to HG/SS will unlock a new area, rumoured to be called 'Edge of the Night Sky'.
    It comes with the moves Wish, Confusion, Rest, and Draco Meteor. Comes with a Liechi Berry as well - and it's downloadable in Japan from the 19th of June, to the 17th of July.

Latest on the list - the new boxart is revealed!
    Spoiler:

New pics.
    Spoiler:

Hoenn weather trio confirmed, pokedex art and screens, Johto map seen in backround almost fully, Jirachi info, More Pokemon following, a lot of screens, Cynthia and Arceus info, and some preorder gifts.

Last edited:

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    I just can say 7 words (maybe more 8D)...

OH MY GOD! I will buy this game...

It is just awesome!

Why haven't they shown us the heroine? =(

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Thats if they are in and lol Silver looks like mars and Cynthia is hopefully part of the game. Things just get more and more epic. Ah Arceus is mentioned do not pay attention to cynthia.

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    Ah darn that sucks but it means you need to buy both games to get one Pokemon. Doesn't matter for me as I would get both anyway.

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    Ah darn that sucks but it means you need to buy both games to get one Pokemon. Doesn't matter for me as I would get both anyway.

Yeah haha I kind of dodged a bullet there because I only every buy one game of the set, and still have my three from Emerald :P Oh well, they'll be good to catch and trade away XD

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Well, hurrah for early leaks once again. (Didn't quite expect them today though, but eh).

The Hoenn legends roaming is...unexpected. I didn't think that'd happen, tbh. But it appears it is the case now. Wonder if they'd get a storyline? (One kinda hopes so, as Hoenn legendaries just walking around Johto when they should be a region and an ocean away kinda warrents an explanation).

It seems to suggest (but far from confirm) the possibibility of a National Dex sort of thing, where the Kanto/Johto Pokemon are only available until you beat the Elite Four - curiously there is only the mention of the Elite Four, however - maybe there is no other requirement? I wouldn't assume such a thing though at this stage, given the limited info.

Huzzah for Silver Art - I liketh, have to say. Meh on the very-similar-looking battle system to Platinum, Elm seems... a touch creepy-looking on first impressions (never quite liked his look though).

Three not-that-clear screenshots out there - one looks kinda like a lab (Elm's, I'd assume), and the one next to the Team Rocket girl appears to be a cave. Maybe Slowpoke Well, or the cave before that, possibly, are my first guesses. Background looks like to me part of the Johto Map as well.

Last edited:

yaminokame

やみのかめ
    Years
    Oh yeah just thought I should mention, the roaming tidbit is just speculation. There was no real basis to make that translation from that scan (of what we could see at least) I think I know the answer, but if this is "post-elite four," if Kanto really is in the game, does that mean after beating the Johto elite four, or after beating the Kanto elite four? If I had to pick... I think it would be after the Johto Elite four... :/ I'm pretty sure that was considered the "ending" of the game last time... (the place where the credits first rolled)

Argent Crusader

Isn't Falstad dead?
    Years
    How Ancient Pokémon that are supposed to be sealed under secret chambers in the Hoenn Region are now roaming over Johto? Geez, Pokémon Lore is going to the $%&# with this... once again.
    At least they should explain WHY they are roaming Johto. Marketing is seriuosly deteriorating Pokémon Storyline.

I liked Elm and Silver, they look neat. Team Rocket Grunt has a big fail on her: orange "R" symbol. We all know that TR brand symbol is red...
    Oh, and that PokéBall in Silver's hand. Is that a Heavy Ball?

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    He is your rival why would you choose him and we already have the girl.
    Because, darn it, Silver is superior to both the girl and Gold as well. Can't blame him for wanting that. =P

HE'll be unplayable though, I'm pretty sure - hopefully they expand on his personality some, though.

Note - it is expected some more scans will come sooner or later - they will be added to the 1st post when that happens. In the meantime, keep posts on topic, and yadda yadda yadda.

Years
    Ahahaha!
    That picture made me laugh!

You see son, if you breed a Kyogre with a Groudon, you get a Rayquaza.

Very interesting. If the 3rd Gen's are in there now, I ponder what normal Pokemon will be available...

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
    Okay, that are awesome news.. or?
    Well, but in my opinion, Groudon in HeartGold and Kyogre in SoulSilver would be better. Why? See... Groudon lives on land, not in the seas... as well as Ho-Oh. Kyogre lives in the Seas like Lugia. That would be better, but... Groudon and Kyogre will be ROAMING Pokemon? Thats a joke, or? A Groudon is naturally so fast, that it can easily move from one location to another... And the best will be, when you see on you map: "Oh, Groudon is now on Route 40, i must hurry up!"... yea hurry up, use Surf, and catch Groudon in the ocean.... .___."

The picture of the Rival is good, but that hair .__.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Okay, that are awesome news.. or?
    Well, but in my opinion, Groudon in HeartGold and Kyogre in SoulSilver would be better. Why? See... Groudon lives on land, not in the seas... as well as Ho-Oh. Kyogre lives in the Seas like Lugia. That would be better, but... Groudon and Kyogre will be ROAMING Pokemon? Thats a joke, or? A Groudon is naturally so fast, that it can easily move from one location to another... And the best will be, when you see on you map: "Oh, Groudon is now on Route 40, i must hurry up!"... yea hurry up, use Surf, and catch Groudon in the ocean.... .___."

The picture of the Rival is good, but that hair .__.
    Somehow I have the sligth feeling it should be the other way too (maybe it's that blue is closer to Silver than Gold, and Red closer to Gold than Silver), but OH WELL very minor thing at any rate.

As for the roaming part - actually, it is unknown if they will roam or not - many have assumed this, but apparently it does not say this. Or leastways, as far as we know.

EDIT: Arceus in HG/SS? Pic below - appears this way though. Maybe.
    Coro Coro Scans (June) - Discussion

It apparently differs from Platinum's (note the appearance of Cynthia there), and looks like an event. Very little known on this thus far, though... =/

More minor edits!
    Taken from a post made by yaminokame:
    Well, assuming that I was able to pick out the characters that it had earlier (unfortunately it seems it was deleted), this is what it says: 「アルセウス」と伝説のポケモンたちの誕生が目撃 -- Witness "Arceus" and the birth of the legendary Pokemon

Last edited:

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    More on it: the dialogue apparently says 'Of the three lives, you have been given the right to choose one of them.' Sounds like it's in reference to Palkia/Dialga/Giratina? =/ Apparently might be the Arceus movie event now.

Back