• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

BrainDamage

Vinyl Jockey
Years
  • YEAH! just beat the E4 first time through with my team of level 40s. was down to just gyarados and electivire, and finally lance sent out his dragonite with thunder on my gyarados so i could switch in electivire for the motor drive boost. took out his aerodactyl, charizard, and that dragonite with the help of motor drive.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Beat e4 first time with:

Fear-------(Feraligatr)-------lvl.45
    Dos--------(Gyarados)-------lvl.33
    Molt--------(Magma)---------lvl.34
    Ee---------(Espeon)---------lvl.39
    Oh-ho-----(Ho-oh)----------lvl.47
    Poliwag---------------------lvl.16

Second time through i had more trouble with koga then lance xD

Team:
    Lugia----------------------lvl.73
    Archy------(Growlithe)-----lvl.32
    Articuno-------------------lvl.50
    Rapto------(Staraptor)-----lvl.41
    Streak-------(Absol)-------lvl.70
    Fear-------(Feraligatr)-----lvl.75

Years
    • Seen today
    Chapter 1 - Begin Again

"A whole new world and a brand new attitude new attitude"

Welcome to my Heart Gold journal! Well, it looks like it's a whole new start, a whole new world and a whole new outlook! Our hero Gavin has chosen his first pokemon Cyndaquil (♂) and has opted out of nicknaming him, rather he'll wait until he gets to Goldenrod City and maybe visit the official name rater's home there. It's time to set out to Mr.Pokemon's house with Cyndaquil who manages to reach level 8 before reaching the building, Gavin also bumps into a man who gives him an Apricorn box as well as fiding an antidote and a useful Potion. On they way they encountered several Pidgy's, a early blooming Medapod, a Sentret and a Geodude! None of whom could match up to Cyndaquils tackle. Though they did have to use two potions against what was a fiesty Pidgy and a dilligent Geodude!
    Upon leaving Mr.Pokemon's house where Gavin picked up a Mysterious Egg it seems they've gotten a call?
    Call from Prof.Elm
    But of course, they now must trek back to New Bark Town because some trouble maker has stolen Proffesor Elm's precious Totadile!
    Before reaching the safety of Cherrygrove City Cyndaquil did battle with two Medapod and another Pidy which brought him up to a healthy level.9!
    Before approaching route 29 once again Gavin healed up at the local Pokecenter. Here comes the battle with our rival! Cyndaquil manages to brush away the stolen Totadile with a mere damage of 6hp points also gaining enough experiance to bump him up above level 10 where he learned Ember! At last a decent attack. They'll need the levels though, training can become quite a task in the future!
    After a couple Sentret, a Rattata or two and a Pidgey, Cyndaquil spiked up to level.11.
    Gavin and Cyndaquil then arrived back to the lab and after a quarrel of being accused of stealing Prof.Elm's pokemon, thankfully Lyra cleared it up and Gavin named the rival; Silver. Gavin arrived out to see the honey glow over Johto to realise it was coming close to dusk but decided to press on towards Violet City anyway.
    After recieving some pokeballs and a lesson on catching pokemon from Lyra, Gavin and his Cyndaquil proceeded towards route 30 in which Cyndaquil wiped out all the trainers with ease, as well as two Sentret, three Pidgey and four Caterpie. They also found a Grn Apricorn and a poke ball.
    Cyandaquil defeats the final trainer on route 31 and evolves into Quilava! Quilava and Gavin made it to Violet City at level 14 and make a quick heal in the pokecenter ready to take on the next challenge, the Sprout Tower.

Last edited:

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Beat whitney and when to eurekea..errr.... ya know that place. And then went to bell tower and will soon fight morty. Just gotta try and catch a growlithe first

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
  • I finally moved on from Mahogany since I beat Team Rocket yesterday. I beat a couple of the trainers there, and who should call but Todd from Route 34, asking for a rematch! The first rematch of the game, for me! I took on his team with my Ursaring, who totally pwn'd them with her Facade attack (I use it mainly because I like the glitch ~♪).

Then, as I returned to the route, who calls but Arnie, asking for a rematch! Again! Pwn'd him with Facade, got Teddy up to the next level and continued up towards Blackthorn, switching team members when needed to balance my raising. Then we reached Ice Path.

Oh, how I love puzzle-dungeons! I love puzzles, I love dungeons, I love Ice Path! Zooming across the ice, dropping boulders, finding Hm Waterfall (which I didn't need as I have a Totodile with it that I got in a trade). A short while later, I was out and arrived at Blackthorn City!

I didn't want to challenge Clair yet as I don't think I'm trained enough to take her on. I mean, her strongest Pokemon is Lv. 41, so I want to be at least that level all around before I even attempt to battle her. Both her Dragonair could probably be taken by Feraligatr's Ice Fang, Pidgeot's Twister and Sneasel, who has Icy Wind. Her Gyarados would go down with Ampharos (Water/Flying is a dual weakness to Electric) and Kingdra, the strongest, would have Ampharos, Pidgeot, Sneasel and Feraligatr all able to do real damage to it. (In other words, Vulpix and Ursaring would be hardly useful in this battle).

In other words, I'm gonna go grinding-and-finding. After those beasts without a Repel in sight, for the purpose of raising my Pokemon while at the same time searching for the majestic Entei and Raikou! Such power and beauty, I must harness them! I simply must! *descends into mindlessness*

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Pokemon HeartGold 01 - The Adventure Begins!

I decided to restart HeartGold, and progress through the game with six Baby Pokemon that will eventually evolve into Pokemon I have never used before! I started the game with Cyndaquil because he's easy to use and I'll only need him for the first section of the game. I am still in New Bark Town.

Female
    Jolly Nature
    Ability: Blaze
    HP: 20
    10/10/10/10/13
    Tackle. Leer.

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
  • "I'll find you yet, Entei!" Hayden thought in his head. "Even if I had to travel around the entire planet, I won't stop 'til I've caught you!"

Hayden woke up early this morning after staying overnight in Goldenrod City. His powerful Typhlosion, Axel, suffered a bad injury during the last battle against his older brother, Evan. Axel was still recovering from wound in the nearby Pokémon center.

"What?!"
    "I'm sorry" The Nurse said. "But your Pokémon is still unable to fight."
    Hayden sighed. "I understand. I won't be like Silver. Let him rest."

Afterwords, Hayden and his Pokémon set out to find the elusive Entei.

"I fought Suicune, and caught Suicune. I can find Entei. It's only a matter of-"
    Within that moment, Hayden encountered the sacred beast! "Entei!"
    The Pokémon fled but Hayden pursued. "I'm not letting you get away this time! Go, Shadow! Try and hit him with Aura Sphere!"
    Hayden's Lucario, Shadow, quickly charged an Aura Sphere and launched it towards Entei, but Entei quickly evaded and got away. Hayden slammed his fist into a nearby tree.
    "So close! Ow...Well, we know he's nearby. Come on, Shadow." Shadow nodded and followed closely behind Hayden.
    "So, the hunt begins."

In short, I've been chasing after Entei for the past few days, and he's been very elusive. I'll continue my chase until I've caught him!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Mar 26, 2011
    Pokemon HeartGold 02 - Silver, Elder Li and Falkner!

In my first two hours of playing HeartGold, I have certainly achieved a lot (I think). My first real test came on my way back from Mr. Pokemon's...I was just leaving Cherrygrove after resting up with Cyndaquila at the PokeCenter. Then, the boy from the Lab appeared!

His Level 5 Totodile wasn't a threat to my Level 8 Cyndaquil. Immediately, she started off with two Smokescreens to lower the enemies accuracy, then a Tackle or two to bring its health almost into the yellow. As the Totodile ran around, missing Cyndaquil, she used Leer to lower his defense, then went in for victory with one Tackle!! The boy ran off. I got his name...Silver. >=( I'll remember that name!

After an encounter with a policeman, I started my adventure and headed for...Violet City! I was redirected from the Gym's assistant to the Sprout Tower, where I trained my Cyndaquil. After Silver defeated Elder Li, it was my turn. His Hoothoot got me to sleep, but I managed to save myself and defeat it with a Quick Attack! After the battle, my Cyndaquil even evolved into a lovely Quilava!! I was very proud, and took my prize of a Flash TM. It will probably never be used, but still...

I headed for the Violet City gym. After facing the trainers, I challenged Falkner!

Falkner told me he'd show me the real power of Bird Pokemon...his lead was a Level 9 Pidgey. Yawn...it's strategy of using Sand Attack held my Quilava back for one turn, but I had it down with all of my HP intact.

His signature Pokemon, a Pidgeotto was out next. My Quilava was faster, and was doing serious damage, yet the stupid bird kept spamming Roost! How annoying ._. The battle was even, but after a LOT of Ember's, my Quilava prevailed with a critical Ember!

Level 15
    HP: 47
    24/25/28/26/35
    Tackle. Quick Attack. Smokescreen. Ember.

Now to go and get my Togepi egg...

Years
    • Seen today
    Chapter 2 - Flying High

"Looks like we're on the way up!"

Gavin and Quilava have just arrived in Violet City and are keen on gettin their first league gym badge! But there's one thing to be tackled first, the Sprout Tower. Quilava is already at level 14 so challenging the Tower should be a breeze. After a bunch of wild bellsprout and 6 low leveled trainer battles, Gavin and Quilava reach the top of the Tower. On the way up there were a few lost items they picked up though, a PLZ Heal and an X accuracy, don't think Gavin will ever use a battle item though...
    The elder fell to 4 embers from the level 15 Quilava who had just leveled up before the battle. He prooved to be far too weak for Quilava's special attack power. Gavin obtained the TM flash and an escape rope to make a quick exit from the tower.
    Gavin and Quilava entered Falkner's gym after a quick heal up. The two trainers in the gym fell to Quilava without touching him so Gavin and Quilava whom level up one to be level 16 pressed on and stood before their first shot at a gym badge.
    v/s

v/s

>> Quilava used Ember
    -Pidgey is unable to battle
    1-0 Gavin
    -Falkner Sends out Pidgeotto

v/s

>>Quilava uses ember taking 1/3 of Pidgeotto's HP
    >Pidgeotto uses tackle barely hurting Quilava
    >>Quilava uses ember taking 1/3 of Pidgeotto's HP
    >Pidgeotto uses tackle barely hurting Quilava
    >>Quilava uses Quick attack
    -Pidgeotto is unable to battle
    -Quilava grows to level 17

Winner:
    Gavin
    Badge Obtained:

Gavin and Quilava sucessfully obtained the Zephyr badge and exited the gym. Oh what's this? A phone call?
    Call from Prof.Elm
    Ah, Prof.Elm has just informed Gavin that he should meet up with his Aide in the Violet City Mart as he wants him to take care of the mysterious egg in hopes that it may hatch. Gavin collects the egg and proceeds to the pokecenter to heal up.

Now that Gavin and Quilava have obtained thier Pokedex and their first badge, they can now trade with other trainers over wi-fi! So, Gavin went to route 32 and went to catch some pokemon to trade with his friend in Sinnoh who had been holding some pokemon for him for when his journey was ready to begin.
    Added to the Pokedex:
    Mareep
    Bellsprout
    Rattata

So, Gavin traded with his friend in Sinnoh to retrieve his team. The pokemon he recieved were:

His Scizor was named Borey and is a powerful Calm natured defensive pokemon with very few weaknesses. Lv.20
    His Rilou was named Shivvi and has a potential to learn some very strong moves and have a very powerful attack stat as a Lucario. Lv.20
    His Skarmory was named Valkrye and is a great defensive wall and a very capable lead if there are to be some tough battles in the future. Lv.20
    His Jolteon is named Dukey and was hatched as an Evee and to his friend's suprise was a different colour! It brings the charge to the team and that electrical boost. Lv.20

Pokewalker - Time for a stroll!

So Gavin decided to take one of his new pokemon for a walk as a bid to try out his pokewalker for the first time. He also decided to get the new route to Yellow Forest from Nintendo wi-fi. First off though, Gavin took Rilou (Shivvi) on a walk through Refreshing Fields in hope that their relationship may grow stronger.
    They walked a total of 433 steps and collected 8 watts, they also battled a Sentret.
    Gavin and Shivvi decided to check out Yellow Forest in hope of catching a Pikachu.
    They walked a total of 573 steps and collected 29 watts and guess what...
    Added to the Pokedex:
    Pikachu

And that is the end of Chapter to.
    Next up: Gavin and the team investigate and go on a little exploration!

Years
  • Well, i arrived in Goldenrod, and for the day i've been enjoying the stuff in it like, Voltorb Flip, Some battle videos, that kind of stuff. I visited the Radio Tower and got a Radio Card for my Pokegear.

But, what it all came down to was some training before i take on Whitney and... Rolltank. :P so i'm training right now for the horror that is the Goldenrod Gym.

My team:

Homer: Togepi level 13
    Aqua: Wooper level 17
    Inferno: Quilava level 17
    Lily: Flaffy level 17
    Bird: Pidgey level 17
    Muscle: Machop level 10

Kon~

Years
  • Oh... so tired. I've been grinding-and-finding for two hours, and still haven't managed to get either Entei OR Raikou. Is it even possible? I mean, I have seven badges... surely I'm strong enough?

I've been throwing Heavy Balls and Quick Balls at them, and am now running low. At one point Raikou's ball shook a whole 3 times, and I got hopeful, but he broke out. -.-

Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2011
    i was at team rocket in radio tower last night but now im in the 8th gym and my team is
    amaphros lv37
    gyrados lv38
    tyhplosion lv37
    noctowl lv37
    miltank lv29
    furret hm slave lv28

but im gona change furret
    and in my box i have a hm slave onix and wooper

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
  • Well, recently before I stopped playing for a bit, I managed to make it to Fuchsia City after crushing the bikers on Cycling Road and fixing the Power Plant's problem.

My team as of right now:

Hitmonchan - Lv.45
    Typhlosion - Lv.45
    Togekiss - Lv.45
    Ursaring - Lv.46
    Nidoking - Lv.45
    Kingdra - Lv.44

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    After beating Red, all there is to do now is work on the pokedex(johto.)
    My team right now is:
    Typhlosion lvl 73
    Quagsire lvl 73
    Heracross lvl 74
    Umbreon lvl 72
    Magnezone lvl 73
    Xatu lvl 74

Vindel

Team Rocket's Worst Nightmare
    Years
  • "So close!" Hayden said then sighed. "Well, it's getting late. I better head back to the Pokémon Center to check on Axel."

Hayden began heading back to Goldenrod City, after traveling up to Route 42, however, on his way back, Hayden encountered Raikou, another legendary beast.

"Raikou! Shadow let's..." Shadow was weak after chasing Entei. He was barely keeping up to Hayden. "...No, we need to rest." Shortly after spotting Hayden, Raikou fled into the forest.

Back in Goldenrod City, Hayden talked to the nurse and got Axel back. "All he needed was a little rest. He's made a full recovery!" For a moment, Hayden forgot about chasing after the legendary beasts, forgot about Team Rocket, and forgot about the rest of the world. Hayden left his Pokémon at the center and took some time to rest and relax.

Kon~

Years
  • Still grinding-and-finding here - I am determined to get both Entei and Raikou before I even think about challenging Clair.

My Ursaring's Facade managed to get both of them into the low yellow, so now I'm just gonna throw my balls at them.

Fire-Red

Like no one ever was
    Years
  • Today I:
    -Caught 6 Pokemon
    -Ice Path
    -Got my 8th Badge
    -Defeated the Kimono Girls

Next I plan to do some training to level my pokemon.

Back