• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

AeroZeppelin

HURR DURR
Years
  • At Blackthorn. Still have to beat Clair. Feraligatr (nicknamed "Stain") is level 46.

Why is everyone so hyped up about defeating Red? Is he really all that hard?

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
    Years
  • well i guess when someone Has a godly lvl 88 pikachu with him..then HE IS HARD .

Aquerex

A New Beggining
    Years
  • OK! Serious E4 training time!

I need about 5-7 more levels for each Pokemon, since most of mine are around 40.

I figured I should finally use that Lapras I caught a few weeks ago.
    Also, I'm going to try to evolve my Eevee into Umbreon.

Last edited:

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
  • Just got done playing Voltorb Flip, then went and beat down Morty with a Sandslash. Yes, a Sandslash. Then I went to Cianawood, got Shuckle and ran into Suicune and Eusine. Beat Eusine with Pineco, and then decided to go level Quilava to 30.

Also, ran into Entei and then Raikou, not even 3 minutes apart, when my team was only in the 20's. I have a habit of leveling all my pokemon 5 levels before switching to the next one, so my team is as follows:

Sandslash lvl 25
    Pineco lvl 25
    Octillery lvl 25
    Pidgeotto lvl 25
    Quilava lvl 30
    Spiky-Pichu lvl 30

I have beaten the first 4 gyms with ease doing my training regime. My girlfriend thinks its weird to raise them like that, but it works perfectly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2010
    I'm currently blindly throwing dusk balls at a shiny Zapdos to no avail :(
    First shiny legendary i've ever encountered myself ;D shame it doesn't look at all cool :(

wergugy

posionously awsome
    Years
  • just defaeted bugsy and got my butt kicked by whitney... need to level up
    my team:

hydro(crocnaw)18
    scratch
    bite
    water gun
    rock tomb

pointy(beedrill)
    u turn
    cut
    harden
    fury attack

megavolt(pikachu)
    thunder shock
    thunder wave
    tail whip
    rock smash

hyperhorn(nidoran{male})
    poison sting
    peck
    double kick
    focus energy

i want to add a skarmory and a vulpix.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • Alright, so I FINALLY beat the Disk Catch record! I even upped my Lamp Jump record to 490~! Friendship Room for me~

After that, I did a LOT of training and catching. Running low on PokeBalls now, so I should go restock. I refuse to battle any of the trainers heading into Olivine until everything is level 30, and that leaves Will. Jasmine's evolved into an Ampharos now, and Will is a Xatu, I only had to level him 3 times since I caught him at level 22. I'm not letting Riley evolve because...well...Larvitars are cuuuuute!! T.T

By the way, I solved all of the Ruins of Alph puzzles, so I'm gonna go back to them later and do the weird item/move things in the room to get the special items. I caught several male Natu and decided which one would be Will, and he has calm nature.

I played Voltorb Flip for awhile too, ended up with 100-something coins. I'm not too fussed, since I do a lot of exercise and can go for a Dratini on the PokeWalker.

ichuesther

The girl with the Charizard.
    Years
  • I swear.
    Red's Pikachu is a beast. Tried battling him again, but right when I saw that pikachu, I turned off the game.
    I know it's a regular Pikachu, just level 88...
    but when I see it, it's sitting on a throne with clouds and thunderbolts around it and with a crown on its head.
    No joke.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
  • This is my fourth playthrough, though the last 2 times I haven't gotten really far before restarting my game, lol. Anyways, wasted about 3 hours doing that annoying Voltorb flip to get enough coins for a Dratini. Beat Whitney with some luck and now off to Ecruteak. My team is currently:

Slowpoke lv 20
    Dratini lv 20
    Zubat lv 20

I had no intention in using my starter this time so I got rid of it when I got to Azalea. I know I want a Houndour, but I'm not sure about the last two spots on my team.

I added a Sunkern to my party, which I evolved already, and a Rhyhorn that I caught in the Safari Zone. Beat Chuck, Jasmine, and Pyrce, and finished off Team Rocket in Goldenrod. Still looking to get a Houndour for my final party slot. My team at this point looks like this:

Slowpoke lv 32
    Dragonair lv 33
    Crobat lv 33
    Sunflora lv 33
    Rhyhorn lv 32

Quilava!

Fireeeee
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2011
    Finally FInished The Game,
    Got A Male Ferilagatr lvl 66
    Male Ampharos lvl 65
    Female Rapidash lvl 60
    Male Farfetch'd lvl 56

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I swear.
    Red's Pikachu is a beast. Tried battling him again, but right when I saw that pikachu, I turned off the game.
    I know it's a regular Pikachu, just level 88...
    but when I see it, it's sitting on a throne with clouds and thunderbolts around it and with a crown on its head.
    No joke.
    One thing: Earthquake > Pikachus
    meaning
    Earthquake owns Pikachu. Thats what I used

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    I just started Gold two days ago. I'm still in Violet City, working on leveling up my pokemon to level 15 or above. And trying to catch all the Unown... I can only catch 10! lol
    Got my first badge too, no problem.

Quilava Lv. 14
    Pidgey LV. 11
    Onix Lv. 11
    Rattata Lv. 10
    Bellsprout Lv. 11
    Togepi Lv. 9

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
  • After so long...

Caught all of the unown, including ! and ?
    Beat all 16 Gyms
    Caught Zapdos
    Caught Moltres
    Caught Articuno
    Caught Mewtwo
    Stuck on red...
    I can't wait to BEAT red though, then I can get Kyogre, and a Mudkip and a Bulbasaur!

Playing Platinum now, just started a new game, SS Playthrough is stopped until I bring over some cheap Sinnoh Pokemon, lol

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    Just passed Goldenrod City, I've got three Pokemon I'm training right now, thinking about getting a whole team together to just sweep the Pokemon Gym's.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I'm seriously addicted to this game, and so shows it on my game. Here's a quick update of where I am;

I beat all the gyms in a day's time [ game says '23:58' ] over a two day period. I recently reached the Elite 4 and easily beat Will, Koga and Bruno. Then It came to Karen, and she beat me down with that Umbreon. If I could just get past that Umbreon, I would be free, because I could easily take on her other Pokemon, and beat Lance with my Gyarados, Typhlosion and Ampharos. So I decided to quit the challenge for now and go train a Dratini and perhaps a Scyther. I've also decided to get all of my Pokemon up to level 50 before I take on the Elite 4 once more. Here is my current team;

Typhlosion Lvl. 43
    Gyarados Lvl. 42
    Ho-Oh Lvl. 46
    Ampharos Lvl. 43
    Togetic Lvl. 40
    Dratini Lvl. 13

Years
  • HeartGold Update:

I went to challenge Gym Leader Chuck. Next it's going to be Bugsy and Jasmine. As for the trainers, I'll battle those that are up for a rematch. Also I'll use the Sinnoh Sound on the radio and look for a Shinx and a Buizel.

Sounds

Attrapez les tous!
    Years
  • Still training against the league before thinking about challenging Red.
    My team is

Feraligatr lv69
    Togekiss lv68
    Dragonite lv68
    Lucario lv69
    Infernape lv74
    I'll add my Sceptile (lv81) to my team when I'm against Red :)

Back