• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HeartGold/SoulSilver - Travel Journal

Years
  • I went to the Battle Hall with a Nidoking. I had a good winning streak until I got to Hall Matron Argenta. She sent out an Omastar. I knew that I was at a type disadvantage. I used Earthquake and took down its health to about less than half. Then Omastar used Hydro Pump. It was the end of that battle.

Next I'll try the Gengar on my team and see how far I can go with it.

skyraider

The Mysterious Trainer
    Years
  • I used my Heracross in the Battle Hall and he did very well until the last trainer pulled out Aerodactyl (I was going up against Flying types)

That Aerodactyl smacked my Heracross with an Aerial Ace!

I was sad that day

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    I just beat Morty using a random Standler I caught in order to fill out the Pokedex after all my other Pokemon fainted to his Steroid IV/EV trained Genger. Training my Pokemon near Level 28ish...Gonna go get Mystic Water for POSEIDON...

ZEUS - Lv. 16 Timid Sturdy Magnemite @ Quick Claw
    POSEIDON - Lv. 21 Modest Sniper Horsea @ Dragon Scale
    HADES - Lv. 23 Sassy Levitate Duskull @ Reaper Cloth
    ARES - Lv. 22 Hasty Guts Heracross @ Macho Brace
    HEPHAESTUS - Lv. 27 Modest Blaze Quilava @ Charcoal
    Last Pokemon Will Be Aerodactyl Once I Get My Old Amber Defossilized...In Kanto <.< Using A Paras Sex HM Slave Until Then...IDK What God To Name Aerodactyl After ATM...

All met at Lv. 5 except ZEUS which I just caught at Lv. 16

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Well after some trading, my team now consists of:
    Quilava lvl 17- quick attack, leer, smokescreen, ember

Beldum lvl 10- Zen headbutt, iron head, iron defense, take down

Poliwag(shiny) lvl 15- Doubleslap, water gun, bubble, hypnosis

Skarmory(shiny) lvl 10- Peck, leer, sand attack, swift

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • Got my Heracross up to the intended goal of lv. 80 by beating Whitney repeatedly. Plan to get Tyranitar to the same level by fighting Brock and Houndoom with Erika. After that, it's to fight the Elite Four to level grind against Red.

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • Gotta put this up here as a quick update;

I put up Ho-Oh in the GTS hoping for a Lugia, but no one had one, so Instead I asked for a Dragonite, hoping to get at least a level 55 one. My Ho-Oh was level 47, so I didn't expect to get a Dragonite for a long time.

But then something happened. I went back into the GTS to look for a Crobat, and someone gave me a Dragonite. In this very event, I was surprised, and left the GTS. It appeared in my party because I forgot i put an Eevee and Ditto in Day care to make babies. So I went to go check it's moves ...

Apparently, some really nice Japanese guy gave me a Level 80 Dragonite with amazing moves and stats ... I literally couldn't breath.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
    Years
  • Never seen this thread, wow :O

Anyway, now I'm trying to bring my team to level 100, defeating again and again Elite Four.
    Now I'm at the 56th Hall of Fame :D
    After this (I'm very near to), I want to defeat Red again, then I'll take the challenge to complete the Pokèdex!

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Never seen this thread, wow :O

Anyway, now I'm trying to bring my team to level 100, defeating again and again Elite Four.
    Now I'm at the 56th Hall of Fame :D
    After this (I'm very near to), I want to defeat Red again, then I'll take the challenge to complete the Pokèdex!

Best challenge is to beat all gym leaders (rematch) then the e4 and then Red without healing

Anyways I was getting ATK EVs for my Heracross today (Macho Brace + Beating a Heracross = 4 ATK EVs :D) so I was OHKOing pokemon when one Heracross survived without using Endure...I was like O.o so I got it down to 1 HP, Para it and then proceeded to catch it...28 Pokeballs later and alot of screaming at my DS I caught it...rushed to the PokeCenter and checked it out...Adamant Natured and had Guts...I was like sweet...Checked its IVs....Not sweet...SP.DEF IV is 0-2...highest IV is SPEED which is 21...sad day...

Idk if I should keep my Lv. 25 Heracross or EV Train this new Lv. 14 Adamant Guts one (former is a Hasty Guts)...What do you guys think I should do?

ARES/Heracross Lv. 25 Hasty Guts (Battle Hardened) Strong Willed
    HP: 79 ATK: 75 DEF: 41 SP.ATK: 29 SP.DEF: 60 SPE: 60
    - Facade
    - Brick Break
    - Shadow Claw
    - Strength

ARES/Heracross Lv. 14 Adamant Guts (Just Caught No EVs) Alert to Sounds
    HP: 48 ATK: 46 DEF: 26 SP.ATK: 16 SP.DEF: 31 SPE: 31
    - Horn Attack
    - Endure
    - Fury Attack
    - Aerial Ace

WHICH SHOULD I CHOOSE!?

Party:
    POSEIDON/Horsea Lv. 24 Modest Sniper Very finicky
    HP: 50 ATK: 24 DEF: 42 SP.ATK: 51 SP.DEF: 21 SPE: 38
    - Muddy Water
    - Bubblebeam
    - Surf
    - Blizzard

HADES/Duskull Lv. 27 Sassy Levitate Often scatters things
    HP: 54 ATK: 29 DEF: 58 SP.ATK: 28 SP.DEF: 62 SPE: 18
    - Payback
    - Pursuit
    - Shadow Ball
    - Shadow Sneak

ZEUS/Magnemite Lv. 28 Timid Study Alert to sounds
    HP: 58 ATK: 27 DEF: 45 SP.ATK: 61 SP.DEF: 42 SPE: 40
    - Thunder
    - Thundershock
    - Supersonic
    - Thunderwave

HEPHAESTUS/Quilava Lv. 28 Modest Blaze Mischievous
    HP: 73 ATK: 37 DEF: 42 SP.ATK: 68 SP.DEF: 48 SPE: 58
    - Ember
    - Flame Wheel
    - Headbutt
    - Smokescreen

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2018
    Heading to Cianwood, it appears there is a dilemma in Olivine.

EDIT

Defeated Chuck of Cianwood and received Fly!

Last edited:

Mortalis

[css-div="background-color:#4e9dda;text-align:cent
    Years
  • I beat the Elite 4, finally. Then I went along to Kanto and got up to 11 Badges, easily, especially Erika, she was dead easy.

Years
    • Age 34
    • CA
    • Seen Sep 22, 2010
    started last week. My name is "Nero" and my rival is "Silver", I'm heading to Goldenrod to take out team rocket, I'll be relying on Espeon to take out the majority of the executives' pokemon. uhhh...let's see, ran into Entei and Raikou yesterday, landed Swift on both (with my electubuzz) figure I'll chase em after hall of fame.

Ikitsumi

Oh geez, look what I made.....
    Years
  • Today, I went and caught Ho-Oh. OMG. I was MAD. The first time I got to it, it was SHINY. SHINY HO-OH. And I accidentally knocked it out. GRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! *throws a table*

But after I caught a normal one (dangit), I made my way through Route 27 and 26, defeating everyone without a problem there~ Leveled up my team quite decently, did a ton of grinding until I got to the exit of Victory Road, where Hibiki came out victorious against Kamon!

While training in there, Riley finally reached level 54, when I let him evolve into a Pupitar. After that, one more level-up and I had Riley the Tyranitar. :"D

Just awhile ago, I worked on leveling up everyone else to reach level 55 like Riley, and Barry FINALLY learned Megahorn, so I'm very happy now.

Right now, Natalie's receiving training on Route 47 against a lot of Dittos. I wonder if I should replace Dig with something else though, since I haven't been using most of my Escape Ropes and have an adequate supply of those. After that, I plan on training Whitney, Jasmine, and Will in that order.

My team should all be level 55 and ready for Elite Four battle by that time. :"D

Diablerie

Exceptionally Adequate
    Years
  • I'm up to Kanto on my game.
    Today I did a ton of grinding (my cousin and I took turns at the boring job) until my Dragonair hit Lv61. He learned Dragon Dance and Outrage and finally evolved into the Dragonite I've wanted from the start of the game!!
    MY TEAM
    Lv49 Typhlosion
    Lv49 Lanturn
    Lv49 Victreebell
    Lv49 Noctowl
    Lv49 Espeon
    Lv61 Dragonite (yea, i won't be training him for a while, now that hes extremely overlevelled.

Beat every trainer around the south of Kanto. Beat Surge, Erika and Janine and then confidently waltzed into the Saffron Gym...
    ...Only to be smashed by Espeon, Sabrina's first team member (scored a critical to take out Dragonite).
    Rethought my strategy and went back for the rematch. This time i won with my Lv49 Pokemon, and Espeon levelled to Lv50.
    Went north of Lavender Town and did about the first half of Rock Tunnel.

~GodricGryffindor9~

WOW! THATS A LOW PRICE!
    Years
  • Cool a travel journal. I do one like this on another site so I am pretty good at it. Here goes!

Journal entry #1: The radio tower incident.

5/10/10

A lot has happened the past few days, unfortunately as I was walking with this journal in hand ( Note to self: Stop writing and walking ) and I tripped over a stone causing my book and I to fall straight into a puddle of mud! I was able to save most of the pages, but some of my most recent adventures were too badly hit to actually save some of them. Disappointed, I wiped myself off and kept walking down the route toward mahogany town. I decided I wanted some music to listen to so I got out my pokeGear and turned on the radio. What happened next took me completely by surprise, I heard team rocket announcing their return on all of the radio stations! I knew that there was only one place that they could get a signal that wide, the radio tower in Goldenrod city. I immediately set out to Goldenrod in order to stop team rocket. When I got there I found that team rocket members were everywhere! I needed a disguise if I wanted to get in, and I knew just where to get one. So after exiting the Goldenrod underground with my new team rocket uniform, I entered the radio tower and confronted the guard there, he was about to let me past until... Silver appeared again. As soon as he saw me he tore off my uniform ( Luckily I was wearing my original clothing underneath ). He didn't battle me this time, but the grunt did. I wiped him out easily, "Now for the rest of the tower" I thought to myself. Not much to say here. There was a whole bunch of grunts and scientists here that Charlie ( A feraligator that was traded to me by a friend to train ) easily took out. He was not the only one to get a piece of the action, In fact all my pokemon are up to level now, except for Natalie
    ( Larvitar ) that was traded for Charlie for the same reason. The only unique thing was that all the team rocket executives were here, not proving a challenge of course. After going to get a pass from the director who was stashed in the Goldenrod underground, I was able to go up to the top of the tower to battle the head of this operation. The executives name was Archer, he was more of a fight then the others but not exactly hard to overcome. After the battle he said that the mission was a failure, and he left to disband team rocket once again. Now that the radio tower is safe, I feel relived, and so must the director for he rewarded me with a rainbow wing. It was one of the most brilliant things I have ever seen with all the colors it had and how it glimmered in the sunlight. I knew this would help me, but how? I asked myself. There is not much more for me to say here. I am on my way to blackthorn city, me and my Pokemon are still training ever so diligently. In my concluding time I shall write my past achievements that were spoiled by the mud.
    Caught larvitar. Trained it to.
    Beat Jasmine got mineral badge.
    Traded with friend, got crocanaw.
    Evolved crocanaw.

PARTY:
    Thomas/ Megainium: Lvl 33 > 36
    Romenia/ Kingler: Lvl 32 > 35
    Lionel/ Dunsparce: Lvl 32 > 35
    Cindy/ Gengar: Lvl 31 > 35
    Smiley/ Ariados: Lvl 31 > 35
    Charlie/ Crocanaw > Feraligator: Lvl 26 > 34

TRADED:
    Natalie/ Larvitar: Lvl 22 > ???

Badges: Zypher, Hive, plain, Fog, Storm, Mineral, Glacier.

Targeted pokemon: None.

-- Kotone.M.Spengal.

So how do you like that PC?
    My sister deleted my previous entries by mistake and I was to lazy to remake them. Thus a puddle of mud is born! Lol

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    My shiny poliwag finally evolved into poliwhirl, we got the HM for surf, and went to slowpoke well to get a king's rock! Though I want to wait til lvl 32 so it can learn mud shot.
    And I managed to beat Morty by 1hko'ing his gengar with shadow claw, by giving my heracross the choice band I found on the winner's path pokewalker course!

Beloved

Fictionally Destructive
    Years
  • Well, in one day I went through Olivine Gym, Mahagony Gym, Radio Tower, and Ice Path. I am raising my pokemon to lvl 50 before taking on Claire, and then I will go to the E4 and try my luck with my current team.

Back