• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heavy Metal Rock

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I range from Post Hardcore to Deathcore. I pretty much listen to anything that screams. o3o

Except Brokencyde, they suck. I also don't listen to the older metal, like Metallica or something. Ironically, I can't stand the vocals.

Examples of bands I would listen to, though, are: The Devil Wears Prada, Born of Osiris, Parkway Drive, Sleeping with Sirens, Revocation, Whitechapel, Miss May I, Suicide Silence... and the list goes on and on and on. ;)

EDIT: I actually like Abandon All Ships now. XD

Last edited:
    Years
  • I realise I'm shamelessly plugging here, but I wonder if anyone listens to Alter Bridge? The style is incredible, plus the singer carries them to a whole new level.

If you haven't heard of Alter Bridge, then you haven't lived! XD

Their new album isn't bad. 'One Day Remains' is still the best album for me.

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • As far as I know, I liked almost all kind of Hevay Metal and Hard Rock bands and their songs. But fair I liked best is:
    Slayer, Vader, Behemoth, Gorgoroth, Iron Maiden and some other Metal bands
    While I liked almost all kinds of Hard Rock, best is Three Days Grace, Breaking Benjamin and Skillet.
    And I like Hard Rock and yet almost all kinds of Metal.

Years
  • Megadeth, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Savatage, Queensryche, Whitesnake, Yngwie Malmsteen, Annihilator, Angra, AC/DC, Helloween, etc

Years
  • Heavy Metal Rock? What the... XD
    Metal is a strange kind of music for me.
    I don't like 99% of the singers but I love metal riffs, maybe I'm more into instrumental music.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • I'm getting into Motörhead, they have really nice songs.

Instrumental is the best part of Metal, mainly the guitar solos. That's why I don't go farther than Heavy Metal - when the music becomes heavier, the guitar solos are barely noticeable under the drums sounds.

Years
  • I'm getting into Motörhead, they have really nice songs.

Instrumental is the best part of Metal, mainly the guitar solos. That's why I don't go farther than Heavy Metal - when the music becomes heavier, the guitar solos are barely noticeable under the drums sounds.

Only just getting into them? XD
    They have been around since like, mid 70's?

But they are a good band, look into 'the game'. Awesome song.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

Speaking of instrumental metal, I would recommend Animals As Leaders to anybody. I know people that dislike metal, but still enjoy Animals As Leaders. Lots of great guitar work.
    I like Altar of Plagues as well, which is instrumental, but I think they're more of an acquired taste seeing as they're black metal.

I don't know many instrumental metal bands though, I'd appreciate any recommendations. Because like others have said, I can enjoy the instruments a lot, but most of the time it's the singing that puts me off.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • As far as instrumental metal goes, I agree with Animals as Leaders being a good place to start. There's also Gordian Knot (who have close ties with Cynic), Apocalyptica and Jeff Loomis's solo work. Then there's the huge number of instrumental post-metal and post-rock bands...

Years
  • Disturbed, Five Finger Death Punch, Korn, Linkin Park, Chevelle, Rise Against, etc.

Those are probably more Nu-metal.Hard Rock, though. I do listen to some Iron Maiden, Sabbath and Metallica though.

I realise I'm shamelessly plugging here, but I wonder if anyone listens to Alter Bridge? The style is incredible, plus the singer carries them to a whole new level.

I love them. Miles Kennedy is a great singer, and Mark Tremonti is still a Guitar God.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Only just getting into them? XD
    They have been around since like, mid 70's?

But they are a good band, look into 'the game'. Awesome song.

Yeah but I didn't know them, lol. I only started listening to Heavy Metal recently, like a year ago or so.

Years

• Yeah but I didn't know them, lol. I only started listening to Heavy Metal recently, like a year ago or so.

Ahh fair enough. I will let you off then :P
    What other bands have you listened to? PM them to me and I will be happy to tell you some of my favourites!

I have been listening to heavy metal for over 6 years! XD

Years
  • I don't know many instrumental metal bands though, I'd appreciate any recommendations. Because like others have said, I can enjoy the instruments a lot, but most of the time it's the singing that puts me off.

Kamelot and Apocalyptica are two excellent instrumental metal bands. They both blend a variety of instruments into their songs, probably "Rule the World" and "I'm Not Jesus" exemplify that pretty well.

On another note, I forgot to mention Tool and A Perfect Circle earlier, to my shame. Maynard James Keenan is a musical genius, in every sense of the word. Both of those bands are really just amazing from beginning to end.

Gero50

闇の下呂
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Sep 10, 2011
    I am not so into this kind of music though I do enjoy System of a Down in small does.
    Thas pretty much as far as I go with Heavy Medal Rock. And a lot of theirs isn't even heavy medal though a good amount is.

Years
  • uh dude, I'm Not Jesus has a vocalist, so probably not the best example.

Uh dude, that's not what I meant. Instrumental rock as in the music relies heavily on various instrumental pieces - Apocalyptica in particular relies heavily on the chello, for instance. Now if he wanted strictly instrumental, try something like Explosions in the Sky, another great band.

Even so, Corey Taylor is the frontman for Slipknot/Stone Sour, amazing bands in their own right.

otaku-dono

Merkabah
    Years
  • instrumental anything implies no vocals, so perhaps not the best way to phrase it.

i won't comment on slipknot/stone sour to save the thread from unnecessary stuff.

Back