• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
    Oh... sorry, but it isn't that what I need... I need a map done in RMXP, not a tileset. Thks anyway Dashiel, but I have all the tilesets I need. What I needed was a small project with the map of pallet town. But I have done it already. I might be opening a thread about my project soon.

Now I need a script to change the actor's graphic while he is running. I have the running script, I only need to know how to change the graphic during the script execution.

And since I'm at it, I also need to know a way to keep the hero from moving until a serie of events ends.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2008
    hey can i get a tileset for a dungeon? thx. like a tunnel or whatever its called lol.

Years
    Okay I've search every where for this but can't find it anywhere...

Does anyone know where I can get so Reference pictures of Pokemon...
    i.e. Front and Side Pictures...
    I want to see if i can make some 3d models of some pokemon...

MisterTdK

Game Maniak
    Years
    I need some tilesets from a school or something that looks a bit like a school

It doesnt have to be pokemon style. But it has to be complete.

Credit will be given if you want.

No progam prefered cause my program (gamemaker) doesnt accept any tilesets so i'll have to convert them anyway!

rm2kdev

Pokemon XP Developer
    Years
    Secret Pokemon game next hit :D

I wasnt to sure where to put this so i put it in the General Category

Hi there, im rm2kdev
    i made PokemonXP(pmxp) and GamMov and PokemonFishing

my latest project is a secret im building up hype people so bare with me lol i need some people who can help me develop this game as usual this game will ve developed with Direct X 9, Visual Basic and c++ for any external librarys i may need to use

All im reveiling about this game is that its set 1000 years in the future but its a dream ;)

anyway what i need is
    2 Graphic Artists who are capable of drawing Futuristic Styled Pokemon Graphics
    2 map editors who are capable of taking map instructions e.g I need a town with 3 houses to random people and 1 gym make it grassy (basically if u can make a small town out of that information lol and it looks good then ur hired)

Thanks oh BTW the game is called Pokemon Dark Future

Burninating_Torchic

Very important
    Years
    I'm not sure where to put this, but I've got a question regarding a bit of coding in RMXP. I'm making a rather non-traditional Pokemon game, with no CMS or CBS, however, one thing I am using is a party of six. I was able to change the max party size to six, and have rearranged the windows accordingly, and everything actually works quite nice, except for two things.

1. In the battle window, I do have all six characters' info(name, HP, etc) on the screen, and the command box does pop up for each of them in the right place on their turn, but oddly, only the graphics for the first four appear. I thought it might be an issue with the spacing on the screen, as that was the issue with the command window, but it's not the issue here, because the graphics are still perfectly aligned with each battler's information. As you can see in the screenshot (below), the first four battler's images are right there with their stats, but the fifth and sixth battler's images aren't there. And yes, I already checked to make sure that the fifth and sixth had battler images to begin with.
    https://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5668/rmxpscreenshot2ms5.png

2. In the menu, I did get each of the six characters' status and sprite to appear, but there is a problem with the sprites. The right and bottom edges are cut off. I've tried moving them (and the text) around in the window, but it hasn't mattered. And yes, once again, I checked to make sure that their sprites didn't actually look cut off to begin with.
    https://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7277/rmxpscreenshot1nh4.png

If anyone could help me figure out how to fix these problems, it would be much appreciated.

Well, I continued to look into things and I fixed the problem myself.
    This can get locked, or whatever...sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2006
    Jave

Does anyone know of a good place for Javascript tutorials? I'm trying to use sphere and I beleive (from what I've heard) that you need to know javascript, so any help would be awesome.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Tyler

PHP Scripter
    Years
    you dont need exact Javascript but sphere comes with docs that can helpo you. also here is there site spheredev.org that has a forum that people can help you with and they have tuts on the site.

Waudby

sphere doesnt use exact javascript, the best place for help has to be spheredev.org or fliks website. Also the docs will help. Check out examples of peoples work.

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
    Hello,
    I need some help with my Music in RM2K3, it's kinda gone wierd.
    What happens is it plays through windows media player and only plays when another song is playing, is there a way to reset it so the music plays through RM2K3?
    Thanks
    SG06

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    so im using the starter kit, and i decided to use Diamond and Pearl sprites but they were big so i resized the screen to be nintendo ds sized instead of GBA sized my question is:

Where is the bit of code that allows me to change where the battler sprite is located?

please help, i used to know but then i drifted away from game making to play Pokemon Diamond so i sort of forgot some stuff lol. thanks in advance,

~Minorthreat~

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2007
    OK guys, here it is:
    1) I need Pokemon Ranger Trainer and NPC sprites, and tiles also. So, you might say I want all Pokemon Ranger I can get my hands on :)
    2) I also need custom tilesets(also known as chipsets) that are available out there. Larger ones(more tiles) are preferred,since its hard to make a game with a few buildings and some grass tiles ;)

Thanks in Advance.

The_Dark_Lord_Dacka

Dark Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2006
    I need to know the best editing programs for each set of games, I lost my games and programs when i moved, I had to get a new computer. Help please.

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
    Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    so like i mentioned before i changed the size to DS sized, 244x180, i know its not true DS size but it looks good. Im using the starter kit, heavly modified tho, neway the resoultion script now has a sort of glitch because of the screen size, lol, if someone who know about it could be kind enough to help me solve it, attached is a picture, reduced down, of the glitch. see how the map recycles its self well i dont want it to do that.

Help and Request Thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back