• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Thanks The dash but i was looking for something diffrent like one that someones made. the reason i need it is because cascade is busy right now so i need one just for the first demo, but i wanna use something diffrent

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    In my windowskin, all works well, (RMXP BTW) however, the inside of the text box has a transparency see the images for confirmation.
    Help and Request Thread

2) In RMXP, how do you change the font of the text and how do you keep a font a certain color. (I know the color coding when coding the message but I mean to change the default color, for example in RMXP it currently is white.)

For the first problem, open script editor (F11); go to Window_Message and scroll down the code until you find a line like this

Code:
    self.back_opacity = 160

Adjust the 160 according to your needs (255 -> full opaque; 0 -> transparent)

To solve the second problem, open script editor (F11); go to Window_Base and scroll down until you find the "normal_color" method. It's something like this:

Code:
    def normal_color
        return Color.new(255, 255, 255, 255)
    end

The numerical values are in RGB (255,255,255 is white). The last 255 is gama (don't bother that).

Hope I helped.

Cya.

Years
    Erm, the last is the Alpha value, not gamma :P. It is just the color's opacity/transparancy value ^^. THe higher the number, the more opaque.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Yeah, thanks. Still, don't bother that. It's optional and not very used.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    ;) However, it is used in all rmxp games -_-. The 'disabled' color 'uses' it. Either way, I use it a lot.

It's okay if you use. I don't mind. This is the Help topic, so we are here to help. I'm trying to help those beginning to mess around with scripts, so yeah, I guess they don't need to use alpha in colors SINCE it's optional and MAY confuse them.

~Azura.

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    It works fine. Make sure you've installed the Pokémon RS font included.

Oh thanks, but can i copy its script and paste on my game?
    My game graphic not same as the starter kit graphic. My Pokemon fangame is isometric view...

Budgie_boy

A bold new journey awaits
    Years
    Oh thanks, but can i copy its script and paste on my game?
    My game graphic not same as the starter kit graphic. My Pokemon fangame is isometric view...
    Your best bet is to get someone to help you, I thought you were doing it in sphere?...

Anyway, I was going to ask if anyone has attack sprites (eg: Hyper beam, surf, ETC) from R/S/A and FR/LG available...
    also as a token of kindness, if anyone needs MP3 files of the pokemon game soundtrack, Message me and I'll see what I can do...

O.G. Duke

a.k.a OmegaGroudon
    Years
    • Seen May 18, 2016
    Some question, is it possible to create HM without using script?
    I create Pokemon Trainer without using script ( coz i act like as an item ). I use these command:
    >Show picture, "1 TrainerCard, Upper Left (0,0), (250%,250%),255, Normal

What event i need to add to be like this:
    Click item and select trainer card, It appear trainer card image and while you click cancel button it dissapear.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    Well, while I wait for that Abra charset, I have a favor to ask of everyone that can help. Can anyone take the mid-walk positions of Hiro and Marina from the following charsets and turn it into a full charset? I want to use them for the sliding ice tiles in my game. Thanks to anyone who can help. ^_^

Help and Request Thread

Help and Request Thread

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2006
    Ive been looking around for the mystery dungeon sprites of all the pokemon for about 20 mins (it takes a while on dial up) and uhm, i was just wondering if someone could put a link for me or tell me where to find it or something, i was working on a game a while ago and then my computer decided to be broken, but the mystery dungeon sprites will be very helpful, and better than what i used to have.

Edit: Also, why arent any of the attached images showing? I was looking through the last 4 or so pages (which takes quite a while on my comp) and only one attached image loaded. I just need as many FR/LG pics as possible for either rpg2k3 or xp (i havent decided what im gonna use). If someone could just give me a link or tell me page numbers or something, and what is this "resources" post i saw mentioned in earlier posts? I could definitely use some resources, lol.

Last edited:

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
    In addition to the above request I have, I also need a charset of Koga, either as the Gym Leader from FRLG or as the Elite 4 member from a revamped GSC set.

^Off-topic: Hey, are you the same sir_lagsalot I've seen on the Janime forums? And those images probably won't load because they're not around anymore, meaning they may've been deleted, etc. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back