• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    There IS a search button for some reason, don't you think?

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2017
    TCG Tutorial

I would like to request a Pokemon TCG making tutorial for game maker I'm not shure if that's allowed or not.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • Simple question

Hey, i need to know how to make the hero's name appear in the messages in RMXP. Something like:

-Hello [Hero Name], how are you today?

Can someone help with this plz?

Ok, or i just need to know how to set a variable to a name.

Last edited:

Space Guard

Part-Time Avenger
    Years
  • how do I make a pokedex system,pokeball system,Cms and cbs?
    for rpgmaker2003
    Err... You should really try reading the first page (With the Rules on)

What isn't allowed in this thread:
    Originally written by Dawson
    • Requesting somebody to custom make a chip/charset for you
    • Asking how to make a CBS, CMS, Pokedex etc
    • Asking for someone to give you one of the above
    • Requesting warez
    • Asking for someone to post their own code for rpgmaker2003
    But if you would like to know I am currently working on a Custom battlesystem that has almost all the systems.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Hey, i need to know how to make the hero's name appear in the messages in RMXP. Something like:

-Hello [Hero Name], how are you today?

Can someone help with this plz?

Ok, or i just need to know how to set a variable to a name.

I think you put \n[1] for the first character in the Database, \n[2] for the second, etc.

Read the help file, that is a basic thing.

~Azura.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • Berry Growth System

Can someone plz tell me how to do a berry growth like system?
    Something that makes possible that a plant grows once a day, like in harvest moon.
    Thanks in advance

BTW, thks Azura, that's what i needed

Last edited:

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Can someone plz tell me how to do a berry growth like system?
    Something that makes possible that a plant grows once a day, like in harvest moon.
    Thanks in advance

BTW, thks Azura, that's what i needed

You welcome.

Can you explain this berry growth like system? Maybe I can help, but I've never played Harvest Moon before.

Years
  • Okay I'm making a CMS and I've come across a problem.
    On the Menu part where you can view your pokemon stats and switch their order... When I enter that Menu and hit down it doesnt go down to the 2nd select, but rather the 3rd selection. Afterwards though it works fine...

Check my attachments for the Coding of the menu(Its a picture) and 2 pictures.

Thanks in advance....

Also does anyone know if theres a tutorial on CMS where you can move up, down, left, and right. I know theres a ton of CMS tutorials, but i can only find ones that allow you to move just up and down..

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • It's something like the normal berry system in pokemon: I pick up a berry in the current day, and the soil gets empty. The next day a new plant grows and in two days another berry is ready to catch. Do u think u could help me with something like that?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    @jtveclipse12: To move left, right and such you need to use input password (or something like that).

Man, that event is big. Makes me sleep just by looking at it... =p

@Fblaster: hmm, that's easy, but you'll need something to calculate the "days". Once you have that, you just add 1 to a variable each day. When the variable is equal 2, the event will show the berry.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • Well, but i need it to loop. I have a time system, but it is adjusted by the real time, so I can't just add a day to the variable. The best way is to make it wait 24 hours to grow. But I don't know how to make the event wait for 24 hours.

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Here is my question:

RPG Maker XP is set to loop BGMs continuously. What I would like to know is how can you make music repeat from certain points.

For Example:

Here is my music for the battle with Lance in Pokemon GS:

https://www.geocities.com/mooshykris/Champion_Battle.mid

The Entire Song will loop continuously, but I only want the later half of the song (https://www.geocities.com/mooshykris/Champion_Battle_Loop.mid) to loop continuously.

I do not want the Battle Intro (https://www.geocities.com/mooshykris/Champion_Battle_Start.mid) to loop. If I can make only Part 2 loop, the song will sound like real Pokemon Battle Music.

How do I do this?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    Well, but i need it to loop. I have a time system, but it is adjusted by the real time, so I can't just add a day to the variable. The best way is to make it wait 24 hours to grow. But I don't know how to make the event wait for 24 hours.

So I'm guessing you're using RMXP? If so, let me see the script for real time.

You can add me to msn, I may be able to help you better.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • Mapping Request

Hi. I need someone to make or give me a Pallet Town map for RMXP. Credit will be given. Thks in advance.

Fblaster

Spriter Prime
    Years
  • Yes, that's what I meant, but in RMXP format. I need a mapper. But I still don't have a sample of my game, that's why I didn't ask in the member recruitment thread.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back