• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • ok im brand new to hacking pokemon games, and i have been looking around pc for about 3 or 4 hours and i can't seem to find a thread to solve my problem (i know it is probly somwhere i just can find it) , anyways im trying to get my tools to work and every time i start one of the programs (a-mart, item editor, etc.) i get an error message that says: Component "COMNLG32.OCX" or one of its indipendencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid. I cant seem to figure out what is the problem if somone could help me i would greatly appreciate it. Also if it makes a difference im using windows vista and also a couple of programs like advance map and elite map and a-starter do work but the majority dont.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding
    Years
    • Age 39
    • NC
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I have looked all over google and can't find RPG Maker 2003 anywhere, to download and there's some games I have that I can't play unless I have this on my computer, but I can't find it anywhere to download, please help.

Years
  • I need maptiles from the Pokemon Ranger games. Spriter's Resource had very little. Does anyone know where there's a whole set? Or could someone rip them for me??

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    I have a question and request at the same time.
    Is there a chance to find any of completed games(on sphere,rpgvx or rpgvx engines)
    in full version, not just topics with pictures...?

Please help me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    There are a few demos out; the only recent demo I can think of is Pokémon Hall of Fame. It's also pretty long, so that should keep you occupied for a while.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2016
    But I was asking for full versions, not demos. Is there anyof the games posted on forum, in full version ?

Pikachu Trainer~

PokéDex Project
    Years
  • I would like to know how to change the window size preferably to 240x160. I am not making my game on top of the Pokémon Essentials Game, but I have downloaded it, when I copy the two scripts (SpriteResizer & PokémonOptions) onto the file my game is on it does not resize. Would someone be able to help me?
    Also if anyone could help me, I would like to know how to have custom message boxes at the bottom like normal Pokémon Games, as I want them to be Platinum style and I would like to use the Diamond & Pearl Font (Already installed, but I don't know how to use it on the game.) Also I would like separate message boxes to things like trainer rips, route signs and other signs, like they do on the game.

Sorry if this is too much to ask. Thankyou

blueguy

No capitalization required. ;D
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    I would like to know how to change the window size preferably to 240x160. I am not making my game on top of the Pokémon Essentials Game, but I have downloaded it, when I copy the two scripts (SpriteResizer & PokémonOptions) onto the file my game is on it does not resize. Would someone be able to help me?
    Also if anyone could help me, I would like to know how to have custom message boxes at the bottom like normal Pokémon Games, as I want them to be Platinum style and I would like to use the Diamond & Pearl Font (Already installed, but I don't know how to use it on the game.) Also I would like separate message boxes to things like trainer rips, route signs and other signs, like they do on the game.

Unless you would prefer to code these things yourself, they are all programmed into Pokémon Essentials. As for the window size question, it has been asked before, so simply search the Pokémon Essentials thread, and the answer should come up.

man

Scrafty the Beast
    Years
  • Can you write a tutorial for me on how to use poketex because evertime i try to open up my ds roms it says it can't work. all im trying to do is make mods to the existing sprites in pokemon diamond. THanx:)

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • I'm just curious, has a way to change the font for a game in RM2K/3 ever been found? I ran a search on the forum for ways to do it, but anything involving downloads was fruitless. I downloaded Emerald's font, copied it to a Fonts folder in my game's folder, and installed it (and renamed the copied file to the installed file's font name), but no dice.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
    Years
  • I'm just curious, has a way to change the font for a game in RM2K/3 ever been found? I ran a search on the forum for ways to do it, but anything involving downloads was fruitless. I downloaded Emerald's font, copied it to a Fonts folder in my game's folder, and installed it (and renamed the copied file to the installed file's font name), but no dice.

Yup. I'll do a quick look and see if I can find the program I'm thinking off.
    http://mods.gamingw.net/ATARI/hosted/crazyfonts/chgfont.exe

That's not my link. It's by Cherry.
    Give it a try.

GymLeaderLance99

A Muffin Button
    Years
  • Yup. I'll do a quick look and see if I can find the program I'm thinking off.
    http://mods.gamingw.net/ATARI/hosted/crazyfonts/chgfont.exe

That's not my link. It's by Cherry.
    Give it a try.
    Sweet. Thanks, I've extracted it and I'll look at it once I get the RTP issue it has sorted out. (Unless you can help with that. XD)

EDIT: lolpost900

EDIT2: I've installed three different versions of the Emerald font, but neither one is displayed properly. Is there something I need, or am I doing it wrong? I'm also getting some "the file system couldn't be opened" error. =/

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm experiencing this really weird glitch with my tileset, the tiles in the red box are invisible when I go to test play. Can someone please tell me why they are invisible? All of the other tiles are perfectly fine except these.
    Spoiler:
    If you need a screenshot of the invisible tiles while I'm test playing just let me know.

shinylugia249

I'm back
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2016
    Just edit them in the databse (assuming you already haven't). Change anything about the tile and it'll be fixed. Happens to me all the time when editing my tileset.

Awan

Graphic Designer
    Years
  • I would like to know how to change the window size preferably to 240x160. I am not making my game on top of the Pokémon Essentials Game, but I have downloaded it, when I copy the two scripts (SpriteResizer & PokémonOptions) onto the file my game is on it does not resize. Would someone be able to help me?

I'll send you how to do that. I don't use Poccil's starter kits too.

For the message boxes thing...You have to make a new Windowskin, just edit them in any paint software, but I recommended Paint.Net or Graphic Gale. They are the best to make pixel base picture. After that Open you script window and go to Window_Base and look for self.windowskin = RPG::Cache.windowskin(@windowskin_name). Change @windowskin_name to whatever you new file name.

As for the sign message...make a few kind of windowskin that you want. Then, in the event window, choose "Change Windowskins", its on the first tab. And change to whatever type of windowskin you want. That's all ^^

p/s : In case you dont know how to custom the windowskin. Press F1 (Help) in RMXP...go to sections RPG Maker XP > Material Specifications > Windowskins

Last edited:

Legacy

The Living Legend
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2009
    Hey dudes, I have a couple of RMXP requests.

Firstly, I need a way to change the screen resolution of the game window.

Secondly, is there a way to remove or reposition that little flashing arrow thing at the bottom of text boxes? I'd ideally like to just move it slightly to the side, but removing it would be acceptable too.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Hey dudes, I have a couple of RMXP requests.

Firstly, I need a way to change the screen resolution of the game window.

Secondly, is there a way to remove or reposition that little flashing arrow thing at the bottom of text boxes? I'd ideally like to just move it slightly to the side, but removing it would be acceptable too.
    Your first question has been asked recently somewhere (presuming you're referring to the screen size and not how zoomed-in the picture is).

For your second question, so long as the little flashing arrow isn't also used elsewhere, the simplest way to get rid of it would be to open the picture in an art program that can deal with transparency and erase all the pixels. The little icon would still be loaded into the text window, but it'd be a blank picture.

Alternatively, find the script that deals with how text boxes are displayed (something to do with "messages", I think), find any reference to the arrow and comment it out/change the coordinates. Should be easy enough.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back