• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
    Years
    So I am trying to figure out how to get the message box to fit in to the little mini screen. But I am having trouble. I can't seem to find the right line of code to edit. Here is a screenshot to show what I am trying to do I guess.

Help and Requests

smackay-

Charizard...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2010
    This is sorta a help qeustion/reqeust :D
    I am looking for sea and lake autotiles in D/P/PT or HG/SS style and if i cannot get that then maybe a tutorial on how to make them myself.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 31, 2021
    Hmmm try finding the script for the text boxes and changing it's postion and size along with font size Wordslayer. smackay you kinda need to ask in the requests but try the game resource development the link is the first on in my sig. Of I can remember there is a few decent autotiles there.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
    Years
    Okay this is my request.I want someone to tEACH me how to script in RMXP language. Write tutorials, guide me through the process...whatever.the hb website doesnt explain anything to me aboutwhat i want to learn so i wanna hear it from others.....i am willing to learn so i can get started on my project whose storyline is gauranteed to get me an A in my programming class....we are learning...if you ask, we are lEARNING Java this year....

Vorpalis

Creator of Pokemon Chromite
    Years
    Pokemon Status problem

Every time I try and open up the status screen for any pokemon, it comes up with this error ==>

Error
    Spoiler:

Solved above problem by copying and pasting the same script from a different project, but then as i accessed the summary screen it comes up with this error ===>

Error 2
    Spoiler:

Maybe the two are connected?

Last edited:

smackay-

Charizard...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2010
    Hiya guys.
    I have all the tiles and autotiles i am wanting to put in my game but i am having problems alligning them properly. Could somebody maybe do this for me if i send the tiles i have to them? Or even just give me some tips on how to get the allignment proper.

Tah :)

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
    Hiya guys.
    I have all the tiles and autotiles i am wanting to put in my game but i am having problems alligning them properly. Could somebody maybe do this for me if i send the tiles i have to them? Or even just give me some tips on how to get the allignment proper.

Tah :)

Here ya go, a template to allign the tiles correctly.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
    Okay....Im learning how to use RMXP from Venedian Gardens and Im getting a good grip on it without pictues until i got to where it says, "-Use the switch command and create two switches and change the names to whatever you want. Make sure that the first one is turned on. We will use the second one later.
    -Create a new page in the same event (Potion guy) and keep the same graphic. Now look here.

-This is the precondition menu. This means that if any of these boxes are checked, that precondition has to be met. In other words unless that switch, variable, or local switch has been turned on or that condition has been met, then that event will not begin.

-Select the first precondition box named Switch and select the second switch you created.
    -Create a message with something like "You did it! Here's a potion!" " Can anyone tell me what this looks like?

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Okay....Im learning how to use RMXP from Venedian Gardens and Im getting a good grip on it without pictues until i got to where it says, "-Use the switch command and create two switches and change the names to whatever you want. Make sure that the first one is turned on. We will use the second one later.
    -Create a new page in the same event (Potion guy) and keep the same graphic. Now look here.

-This is the precondition menu. This means that if any of these boxes are checked, that precondition has to be met. In other words unless that switch, variable, or local switch has been turned on or that condition has been met, then that event will not begin.

-Select the first precondition box named Switch and select the second switch you created.
    -Create a message with something like "You did it! Here's a potion!" " Can anyone tell me what this looks like?
    When you're editing an event (i.e. you've double clicked on it), on the left is a llittle section called "Conditions". It lists "Switch", "Switch", "Variable" and "Self Switch", and each of them has a check box and another box or two next to them. This is what your guide called the "precondition menu" (a stupid name to call it, really).

If you check one of the "Switch" boxes, the other box lights up, and you can click on the little arrow in it to open the list of switches in your game. Pick a switch (you can name it there too), and click "OK". Now, the events that this particular page of the event says to happen will only happen if that switch is ON.

To change a switch to ON/OFF, double-click a blank line in an event and select "Control Switches..." in the first tab.

You've also referred to creating a new page. At the top of the "Edit Event" window is a great big button called "New Event Page".

If this is the level you're stuck on, I'd suggest you find a better tutorial. Perhaps a video one, or at least one with screenshots. There really are plenty to go around, if you spend 4 seconds in Google looking for "RPG Maker XP tutorial". This particular tutorial is the very first result, and it looks quite useful.

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
    anyone have any GSC or RBY graphics? Chipsets, charactersets whatever (except Pokemon and trainer battle sprites, i already have them)
    RPGmaker 2000/3 format is perferred, but I can rip out and format myself.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
    OKAY BEFORE I COMPLETELY stop using this tutorial, can someone please tell me what this means?

Use the event command change items (1-2-6) and give the hero a potion.
    -Now go to the event named ghost and choose enemy encounter (3-1-1). Then under the victory handler turn switch 2 on.

i left this part out of the tutorial.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    anyone have any GSC or RBY graphics? Chipsets, charactersets whatever (except Pokemon and trainer battle sprites, i already have them)
    RPGmaker 2000/3 format is perferred, but I can rip out and format myself.
    Check the Spriters Resource.

OKAY BEFORE I COMPLETELY stop using this tutorial, can someone please tell me what this means?

Use the event command change items (1-2-6) and give the hero a potion.
    -Now go to the event named ghost and choose enemy encounter (3-1-1). Then under the victory handler turn switch 2 on.

i left this part out of the tutorial.
    Not a clue. I think those bracketed numbers are some kind of notation for where to find the appropriate commands (e.g. 1st tab, 2nd column, 6th down).

It's a weird tutorial if it's telling you how to give you a potion AND create an enemy encounter at the same time. Just do one after the other, seriously.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
    Okay i started on the new tutorial, Maruno ,and im on the Quest Start lesson. I cant get the kids to say the new text after hide and seek.Here is the project data.please tel me what im doing wrong so i can move to the next lesson.

Maruno

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    Okay i started on the new tutorial, Maruno ,and im on the Quest Start lesson. I cant get the kids to say the new text after hide and seek.Here is the project data.please tel me what im doing wrong so i can move to the next lesson.
    What you've attached isn't the entire game. You don't need to attach the game anyway; just take screenshots of the events and put them up.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back