• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadez

-
    Years
    does anybody know a program where you can make a tcg rpg with or atleast the fighting cause i really want to make this but i suck at programming so i need a program where it is already in

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
    Years
    How would I change the color of the text of a Window via scripting?

Just find the AMS (Advanced Message System) script. It's been posted at pretty much every site with scripts. It also adds a lot of other cool features, like displaying variables, and putting a "name" window above the message window.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Hi,

I am a RPG Maker XP user. I want to make a weather effect (Storm) and change the background colour. That means that when it's start raining, the game (Well actually the map) turn a different colour. I did the good steps (Set weather effect and change the background colour). The weather works but not the background isn't changing colour. Is this normal?

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    What do you mean by background? If you mean the tone of tileset, no, it's not normal. How did you try to change it?

brendan mc

{}[][]Game Developer[][]{}
    Years
    I was wondering.

You know in ruby at the start of the game when that dude stops you from going into the wild if you dont have a pokemon and when you do have one he lets you go.

can some one show me through pictures How to do this event or even add me on msn and help me out.

msn: [email protected]

thanks in advance
    - brendan mc.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    What do you mean by background? If you mean the tone of tileset, no, it's not normal. How did you try to change it?

Look. You see, I think that in your game you have the day/night system right? For that, you change the colour of the graphics by doing an event. That is what I want to do. I want to put the rain effect with dark colours to make it look more realistic.

Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Does anyone happen to know the password to Avatar's rm2k3 charsets?

Thanks.

Glitchfinder

Years
    Look. You see, I think that in your game you have the day/night system right? For that, you change the colour of the graphics by doing an event. That is what I want to do. I want to put the rain effect with dark colours to make it look more realistic.

Well, you have to use the tint screen command to make it darker when the rain starts. I actually have a partially finished weather kit. The post is right here. Be warned, I replaced the original scripts with the scripts from an unofficial version.

EDIT: Ok, I have a question. What is the difference (RMXP) between global switches, and local switches?

Global switches work on every map for any event, and even work with common events. Local switches work only for the event that they are being used with, and affect nothing else. As far as I can tell, Common events cannot use local switches.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    Alright. Thanks for that, but when I put a tint screen event, it doesn't do anything.

Glitchfinder

Years
    Alright. Thanks for that, but when I put a tint screen event, it doesn't do anything.

Did you change the tint from the original settings? If you didn't, it won't do a thing, because the original settings are what the game starts with. Also, if you did change them, how much did you move the little bars from the center? (You have to move them all to the left)

EDIT: I just uploaded a weather test for you. It containes easier to understand versions of two storm events in my weather kit (A thunderstorm and a plain old rainstorm), with comments to explain them. (They are annoying and repetitive, so, in other words, just right) Just download it from this post and unzip it. All you have to do is copy them into your game. Also, I added a group of thunder sound effects you might like. Please give me credit if you use this.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    OK. It still doesn't work. I copy and paste the event from the Weather Kit, but it still doesn't work.
    The only thing that works is: I touch the event, there is 2 choices. I try to pick a choice but it doesn't do anything.

Glitchfinder

Years
    OK. It still doesn't work. I copy and paste the event from the Weather Kit, but it still doesn't work.
    The only thing that works is: I touch the event, there is 2 choices. I try to pick a choice but it doesn't do anything.

Ok, please answer me truthfully. What version are you using? I've tested those events on the Official version, the Postality Knight's Edition, even the English patch version, all successfully. If you are using the official version, please tell us what scripts you are using, or what edits to the original scripts you have made, as that could have an effect.

Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2007
    * Correct. I know it isn't a program. I have to admit that I didn't read correctly what Glitchfinder said.

ONE MISTAKE = NOT STUPID

But the REAL program is called " RPG Maker Xp FR ".

Glitchfinder

Years
    * Correct. I know it isn't a program. I have to admit that I didn't read correctly what Glitchfinder said.

ONE MISTAKE = NOT STUPID

But the REAL program is called " RPG Maker Xp FR ".

Your best bet is to download the free trial, or, better yet, get the full english version. If you still want to use the French version, then you'll have to face quite a few problems.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back