• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    You do realise that RPG Maker is for making RPGs don't you?
    Not Platformers?

I highly doubt you will find a Mario script for RMXP ANYWHERE.

I have found a platformer for rmxp on rmxp.org before not sure if its still their or if its good, never tried it.

and by text file i ment the Font -.- sry for the confusion =x

Shirayuki Mizore

Pokemon Raptor is STILL going?
    Years
    *twitch*

I have to put everything I want them to say in there? How would it even know if I want it to say something different...:\

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    no the pokemon font not the messages >.< the font in your games folder called Pokemon RS or something and the file type says True Type Font File....
    if you don't know how to add font please search =P

Atomic Reactor

then go to intro map(its the first one)
    then the event is in the top right or something.
    click edit event.
    if not then idk

Shirayuki Mizore

Years
    Thanks.

I just pasted my intro from another game, but when I start the game it goes to the original.

Also, how do I change the title screen? O.o

Atomic Reactor

and for the title screen, just open up the title image, and do whatever you have to do to make it the way you want it

Shirayuki Mizore

Years
    Like, for example, a truck going on a street and text showing, then a character moving around by themselves.

Also, how do I make it so you can't walk on certain items? >.<

NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOOOOO!
    :( :( :( :( :(

HELP!

My game...the project..it won't open! RMXP says "Unexpected file format"! HELP! I CAN'T AFFORD TO LOSE IT ALL!

Last edited:

Atomic Reactor

set a move route on the player to make it move.
    and go to the database and edit the tilesets.(for the walking on stuff thing.)
    and for the truck. make a truck character, then set a move route on that event.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    ok can you guys help me?I have never hacked a game inmy life but,i want to start.I need to know what programs I will need to hack my game.I have Advancemap and I kind of get it,well i get it better then some of the youtube people.

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    ok can you guys help me?I have never hacked a game inmy life but,i want to start.I need to know what programs I will need to hack my game.I have Advancemap and I kind of get it,well i get it better then some of the youtube people.

this is game development as in not HACKING, we make are games custom with engines unless people use starter kits which is pointless because the point of making a game is for YOU to make it -.- but i can't help you out i know nothing about hacking

Illusion Gaming

RMXP Pro
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Dec 10, 2007
    well if you want game development search rpg maker 2000/3k or rpg maker xp, and look for starter kits for the rpg maker if you don't have any idea how to make games. most of them are posted here, and you can also look for tutorials on the net.

*Note*
    there's a lot of other engines you can use to make games i just listed the ones I know, I know a couple more like sphere and toolkit but I don't know much about them

and no need to say sorry that wasn't suppose to sound mean if it did ^^

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    No it did not sound mean!Thanks for all of the help but, I have only one question.Do those programs work for Vista?(yeah I know it sux!)^_^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back