• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen May 8, 2008
Teacher needed

Hi
I'm filled with doubts about the complex scripting system of the Pokemon Essentials.
I really need someone to help me out here. Can someone teach me what I need to know?

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
OK your kidding right? I just said I used RPG Makers for years. Obviously the song need to be in the BGM folder. I'm doing everything right that's why I don't know what's wrong. Oh and BGS doesn't really work 'cause I'm using connected maps and then they'll just play on top of each other.

I'm just asking. I'm guessing that it's some little oddity with Poccil's starter kit, then. Do midis work? I haven't downloaded the starter kit recently enough to test it, and I've got to reinstall RMXP anyway. (I just formatted my hard drive and reinstalled my operating system) You might want to check any of the scripts related to BGMs, because that is where it will tell it to repeat or not.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
Years
Okay, I have begun work on my game again, an I have a few questions to ask:
1: I want to do a system which allows you to interact differently with people (Talk, steal, and other stuff...) Could someone tell me how to do this efficiently...?

2: How can I make NPC's jump ledges?

3: I need two systems, one which increases the 'heat' of an area, as you commit crimes, and one which will increase 'rep' as you do good deeds and win battles. I need to know how to do this.

I also need a Kamon battle sprite (from behind). And a 'heat'/'rep' HUD.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
@youaman: yours sounds pretty intresting, definitly new to the pk community

but im pretty ametuer at this and ive been wanting to create a game since i was a kid and i always loved pokemon so i dicided to start my own project wit a few friends.

i really only have one question to ask right now, and thats: how do you combine rooms in gamemaker to make a map? ive been trying to figure it out and not disturb yall, or try to sound noobish (which is y i didnt want to post my own topic till i got some demo version ready or at least show ive been workin like crazy on this). but im really stuck on that. does anyone know how to combine rooms in gamemaker?

Atomic Reactor

does anybody know where i can fins all the D/P battle backrounds and base things?

Minorthreat0987

Pokemon Tellurium
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2021
is there anyway some one with a FR/LG rom can take a screen of the elevator in the sliph Co building because I really need the tiles from the elevator. This would be such a huge help!

Please and thank you!

Minorthreat

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2008
hi at all and many questions !

hi , im a graphic designers with the dream to make a pokemon game. many years ago when there was the rpgmaker 2000 version, i made a pokemon game. now i saw in this forum that is possible create a bs like the pokemon games and is not hard make the bag , save/pokedex/option system like the original games ..so i wanna ask to someone if can help me to understand how to make it or if exists tutorials to learn how use all this things in rmxp ! i think i can make a great game also cuz as i have already said , im a graphic designer and i play with that games since i was 12 .. now i have 20 :D ! tnx to who helps me !

if someone want to starts a new project just send me a mp so i can give my msn!!! tnx

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
hi , im a graphic designers with the dream to make a pokemon game. many years ago when there was the rpgmaker 2000 version, i made a pokemon game. now i saw in this forum that is possible create a bs like the pokemon games and is not hard make the bag , save/pokedex/option system like the original games ..so i wanna ask to someone if can help me to understand how to make it or if exists tutorials to learn how use all this things in rmxp ! i think i can make a great game also cuz as i have already said , im a graphic designer and i play with that games since i was 12 .. now i have 20 :D ! tnx to who helps me !

if someone want to starts a new project just send me a mp so i can give my msn!!! tnx

My suggestion: Download Pokemon Essentials for RMXP if you have RMXP. Everything in that is basically finished.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Hi, everyone. I wonder whether there's a GYM tileset for RPG maker XP. I've been searching through the website and even Google only to find those materials for RM2K3. I need it badly and hope anyone of you could help. Have a nice day!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
If you mean for Pokémon Essentials, then yeah, I made one. It's been implemented in Essentials (thanks poccil!), but isn't covered in the notes (or in the demo map). Use $game_screen.weather(5,9.0,20). You can change the last value to increase or decrease the brightness.

Atomic Reactor

Hi, everyone. I wonder whether there's a GYM tileset for RPG maker XP. I've been searching through the website and even Google only to find those materials for RM2K3. I need it badly and hope anyone of you could help. Have a nice day!

just double the size of the things u find for rm2k3
than it will be good for rmxp

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2008
hey i was wonderring how to make a pokemon game in vb or a starter kit or somthing

DarknessMonkey

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 27, 2009
Hello, I was wondering if someone here could maybe show me a way to make my own custom tilesets and stuff for use in my own game. I want to use FRLG and DP styles combined and need to know how to make the tileset (for RMXP) and how to place the objects that I want on the tileset the right way. (I am using Photoshop CS3 Extended)

Also how do I get things like the trees, water, grass and what not from DP?
Thanks, feel free to PM me.

Years
  • Seen Sep 22, 2008
hi i dont no much on rmxp coz i onley have rm2k3 but dp chip sets dont werk very good becase dp is normaly 3d and if any one can aswer my qestion please reply and has this site been hacked it ses every 1 is a mod?????? and i think u need a rom and a emulator and then rip them

Last edited:

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Excuse me, do anyone of you guys have the complete original POKEMON RED/BLUE soundtracks? I've been searching through the web but the resources I acquired were mostly remixed or simply made by some amateur artists. I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could do me a favor like this, have a good day everyone.

Atomic Reactor

hi i dont no much on rmxp coz i onley have rm2k3 but dp chip sets dont werk very good becase dp is normaly 3d and if any one can aswer my qestion please reply and has this site been hacked it ses every 1 is a mod?????? and i think u need a rom and a emulator and then rip them

what exactly is your question?
dp graphics wont work well on any RPG maker.
its high tech stuff to do that 3D stuff lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back