• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help & Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2009
I need suggestions on 10 pokemons that will be avaible in the open beta (friday) in my game "Pokemon Coal Black" (which is a online pokemon game).

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
What should I do with the trainer sprite?

Hello guys:

I got some pics of the trainers and decide to use them in my game. However, the background color of the pics is completely black and when the battle starts, the black background will appear with the trainer's pics as well. What can I do with this? Is there any methods to make it transparent? This is a huge problem I've encountered and hope anyone of you guys could help. Thank you.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
Hello guys:

I got some pics of the trainers and decide to use them in my game. However, the background color of the pics is completely black and when the battle starts, the black background will appear with the trainer's pics as well. What can I do with this? Is there any methods to make it transparent? This is a huge problem I've encountered and hope anyone of you guys could help. Thank you.

If you're using RMXP, it's a very simple fix. When you import the image into the game, it will have two boxes at the bottom. One will be the transparent color (for the entire image), and the other will be the shadow color (partially transparent). All you do it left click and right click on the color you want to be transparent. One of them sets it to shadow, and the other sets it to transparent. (Transparent always overrides shadow)

FallenJedi88

Apprentice of the Dark Lord
Years
Could someone help with where to find a trainer back of Silver from the Pokemon G/S/C series games, or if someone has one that I could use.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
If you're using RMXP, it's a very simple fix. When you import the image into the game, it will have two boxes at the bottom. One will be the transparent color (for the entire image), and the other will be the shadow color (partially transparent). All you do it left click and right click on the color you want to be transparent. One of them sets it to shadow, and the other sets it to transparent. (Transparent always overrides shadow)

I appreciate your answer very much but... You seem to have misunderstood my issue. The fact is that the original file does have a transparent background but the size is just half the size I need for RPG maker XP. Therefore, I used ACD SEE to double-resize the picture but then the background color turns into black and I couldn't find any method to get rid of this issue. Can you give me a hand of how to do with this trouble, thanks a lot.

Last edited:

/Circa

a face in the clouds.
Years
Thanks heaps Wichu, it works now :D.
Now I can finally make my project :P.
(Sorry, i'm a bit too lazy to look around for tutorials or things that may help)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Well, I'm done answering, so I have a request. Has anyone got a rip of the Wonder Card background from DP? This one:
p1010536ru3.jpg

Last edited:

rm2kdude

Advanced Pixel-Artist
Years
  • Age 34
  • usa
  • Seen Oct 30, 2022
This might sound dumb, but I was never good with the move-picture command in Rm2k/3. I was trying to re-create the LOG2 Rain Effect.

fynblk.png

I can't seem to get the correct X/Y for the Diagonal Down-Left X/Y while it just appears linear in game you can get what I'm trying to do.

Hopefully someone can help, I'm good at battle systems not so with effects in 2k/3.

Hall Of Famer

Born as Hall of Famer
Years
Help request --- POKEMON Red/Blue Original soundtracks

Hi Guys:

I'm making a project using the sound tracks from POKEMON RED/BLUE. However, all of the sound tracks I got are slightly different from what I heard in the original POKEMON game(I think they are made by some artists, but not those from NITENDO...). I'd appreciate it very much if anyone of you could give me the real original soundtracks of POKEMON Blue/Red, thanks a lot.

Franzo

Developing something...
Years
  • Age 28
  • ???
  • Seen Nov 6, 2023
Mario Chipset

Hi,

Does anyone have a mario chipset
(the one from partners in time)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
rm2kdude: Do you mean how much left and down you want it to move? If so, try X-5 Y+15.

PokemonPlatnum

nomnomnom.
Years
New Pokedex

i am making a new game and i haven't got much talent at spriting could some plese help?! Please PM me if you Can Thanks!

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
Uh... there's a link to my spriting tutorial in my sig, in the post above yours...

Years
  • Seen Apr 20, 2008
Using RPG Maker XP

So recently, I have searched for programs to make a good Pokemon game, that a couple of my friends online want to call Pokemon Cobalt. Eventually, I came across a program called RPG Maker XP (through this site =D ) but I don't know how to use it. Here are my questions:

1 How do I add pokemon?
2 How do I change the trainer?
3 How do I add events?
4 How do I edit the blocks to draw with?
5 What are the controls?

Please answer ='(

~TitanofLightning (ToL)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
You might want to read the Help guide for RPG Maker first.
This is assuming you haven't downloaded any custom scripts.
Anyway, 1 isn't possible with the default scripts. For 2, click the Database button, then Actors, then double-click the picture you want to change. For 3, go on the Event layer (the icon looks like a cube) and double click on a spot on the map. 4, if you mean the tiles, use the Resource Manager to import a tileset, then assign it in the database. 5. Direction keys to move, space bar to select, and x or esc to cancel.

Glitchfinder

Let's all get along, please?
Years
So recently, I have searched for programs to make a good Pokemon game, that a couple of my friends online want to call Pokemon Cobalt. Eventually, I came across a program called RPG Maker XP (through this site =D ) but I don't know how to use it. Here are my questions:

1 How do I add pokemon?
2 How do I change the trainer?
3 How do I add events?
4 How do I edit the blocks to draw with?
5 What are the controls?

Please answer ='(

~TitanofLightning (ToL)

Your best bet, if you haven't used the program before, is simply to mess around on it a while, and get used to using it. Then, when you're somewhat proficient, download "Pokemon Essentials". That's the starter kit made by Poccil. It has most everything you need for a good Pokemon game already inside.

蜃気楼

Jirachi Fan
Years
  • Seen Feb 27, 2010
DarkGDK Error

I decided to use DarkGDK, but I cannot build even I followed all the instructions. Can you help? The error log is attached.

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2023
Window questions

I am scripting in RMXP, and using poccil's Essentials.

But I need help with windows. I know how to set one up with super(0, 0, 360, 480), but I need to know how to position stuff, and use images etc.

So say I wanted to position a picture called 'standard.png' in the middle right of the screen, how would I do it, for example? If you help me, you will get credit in my game, as this is vital for a new feature I am scripting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back