• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Hmm, since you are not getting many replies... I'll try my best-

Its probably a connection error. Maybe mess around with connections a bit, or make a house you go through to get there... forget what they are called, the thing with the police people who want fresh water... hmm, w/e :p but try that if its neccessary.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
    I have a conundrum! I've made a map in my Firered Rom. It uses the Saffron City tileset and everything looks fine, but when I play it, the player and all other sprites are on top of the tiles. I thought it could have been that I junked up the Rom, so I imported all the maps and scripts, etc. to a new Rom and made it cleaner, but it still happens. Does anyone know why? If you need any other information, I can give it to you.

mattattack

Huh, Son?
    Years
    I need help! how do I put a different tile in the tileset because everytime I do it I see green in the background where I replace and have the black outline of the tree

Years
    I need help! how do I put a different tile in the tileset because everytime I do it I see green in the background where I replace and have the black outline of the tree
    You should check out some Advance Map and Palette Editing Tutorials in the Documents/Tutorial Sections. I'll be checking out this thread often if you need more help on specific questions.... It'd take me about a half hour to type out how to do it so check out some tutorials and see if those answer your questions :)

I have a conundrum! I've made a map in my Firered Rom. It uses the Saffron City tileset and everything looks fine, but when I play it, the player and all other sprites are on top of the tiles. I thought it could have been that I junked up the Rom, so I imported all the maps and scripts, etc. to a new Rom and made it cleaner, but it still happens. Does anyone know why? If you need any other information, I can give it to you.

Go to block editor and look at the down/up. The ones in the "down" part the sprite appears on top of, but the ones in the "up" the sprite appears below. Maybe they all switched to down. Or if you mean they walk on top of them. Go to the movement permissions tab. The "1" makes it so the sprites cannot walk on top of the tile.

Also, check the background bytes. If it says "block is covered by hero" 00 20 change it to 00 00

mattattack

Huh, Son?
    Years
    but I checked every single palette editor and advance map tutorial before I asked this question and I'm confused... no wait utterly confused. Exceptly when it comes to palette editing.

Years
    no, I'm really confused about that one.
    Post 204 of mine explains how to get to the palette editor in advance map. Change the colors you want, and then you write them to the rom. The reason it appears as a solid color is BECAUSE the colors of the tree are non-existant in the palette. you need to add them to the palette.

mattattack

Huh, Son?
    Years
    so what your saying is I have to replace the tile, change the palette, then write to rom? OR do I color in the the tile first, then replace it with another tile, upload it, and write to rom?

Years
    You create the palette with the colors you want the tree to be. Make sure the tree contains only the colors in that palette. Write the palette changes to rom. Then you save the tileset, and add the tile into the free space (or replace something if you wish) on the tileset. Then you save it in paint. Load it back up into advance map. Then you use the block part in the center of the block editor, click on a free black tile, and then you click the part of the tree and start putting it on that free black tile (the part under "up/down")

Years
    it your tutorial I don't understand one thing. When you have the new tile color do you have to change EVERY tile to the new tiles color?
    I have decided to make a new tutorial with pictures on how to insert a tile. So, I will PM you a link to it when its up tomorrow or the day after! Ok? :) It'll be better I promise. the last one should have worked, but it wasn't too great.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back