• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    i have a problem with this map:

everytime i walk on the stairs i go thru them. any help?

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    @Nine-Tailed Assassin:

Try doing that to the tiles.

but what about the behavior byte i also see water where im standing

Edit: I corected it now thanks for the help

Last edited:

OutOfOrder

Saving you from yourself...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2008
    Help!!! Warping not working!

I have a couple warps on top of each other. I want it to go to any one of the warps, but not the same warp twice in a row.

What i mean in #'s:

Area #1 --------------> Area #2

----------> Area #3

The warp only goes to Area #2 all the time. I want it to go to Area #3 as well.

I would like some help on this.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
    Well, I asked this question before, but to no avail. So, I thought I'd try again! =/

I made a map using the Saffron City tileset, but when you go on the map, all the sprites are on top of the tiles. I even have trouble with tiles that don't have problems on other maps (i.e. trees). If I go to the actual Saffron City map, everything works again. I checked the block editor and all the behavior and background bytes are set correctly. I have no idea what the problem is?

See how even the Pokéball is on top of the tiles?

The hero is under the top of the tree tile on every other map? And if you go to the Saffron City map, everything is normal.

Blitzballer

Sarcasm: now GMO-free.
    Years
    The only thing I could see wrong, Kawaii, is the background byte is set to Block is covered by hero. =s
    Yep...nope! That was the first thing I checked, and everything there checked out. I would say it's not your average problem. I think I'll have to ask someone that's used the Saffron City tileset in their hack. Anyone??
    Haha. =)

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
    I've got some problem in A-MAP
    Well I was trying to change the tilesets. (My friend was teaching me)
    And then I think I somehow made a mistake and this is what my outside maps look like:

I've done saving the normal one from another rom and loading up the tilesets but It looks like this..

Can someone please help me out. :(

Years
    :o I'm very new to Mapping. I just took awhile to figure out the Connections! (Thus is why the door is on the tree. So I can try looking from different maps)

So I can normally tinker and fix something but this....I have no clue.
    o_o; The clouds are reflecting in my vegetation.

And when I go to the map on the right the flowers mess up.
    I havn't messed with any of the tilesets. (Starting small. ;_; )

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    :o I'm very new to Mapping. I just took awhile to figure out the Connections! (Thus is why the door is on the tree. So I can try looking from different maps)

So I can normally tinker and fix something but this....I have no clue.
    o_o; The clouds are reflecting in my vegetation.

And when I go to the map on the right the flowers mess up.
    I havn't messed with any of the tilesets. (Starting small. ;_; )
    For the first one I think going in to the block editor and putting the tiles for the vegetation on the top layer should work...

For the second, you seem to be using different tilesets for each map, you must use the same one.

Years
    For the first one I think going in to the block editor and putting the tiles for the vegetation on the top layer should work...

For the second, you seem to be using different tilesets for each map, you must use the same one.

Ah! I didn't know I had to use the same ones. Thanks!

Now...Lets try not to kill the editor..

Or find a tutorial...

ADD: HRAH!
    Most of the vegetation. Actually its my grass that reflecting really...
    It need a background byte of 00 20 to be blocked by the hero, but in the behavior it says (Reflection = Behavior Byte 20) even though it's not selected.

MOAR:
    Flowers....Their animation is somewhere else than the tileset. I got the top a different pallet color and the bottom leaf so it looks better. (So I have a black bg for the flowes)
    But it doesn't animate. Do one WITH the BG but get rid of the leaf and then when I play in the game it somehow got the lead and changed it to those nasty pallet colors. Hmm....

Last edited:

iRawr-x

Water PokEmon LOvver
    Years
    Hey I just need to ask something...

I was inserting some tilesets but the problem is when I insert it It says "Pallete file missing"
    Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem up. I really need to insert the tilesets.

PM or Post would be great. :)

+Sneasel™

It's a meeee, itman!
    Years
    Hey I just need to ask something...

I was inserting some tilesets but the problem is when I insert it It says "Pallete file missing"
    Does anyone know what I can do to fix this problem up. I really need to insert the tilesets.

PM or Post would be great. :)

Well, when you save the tileset, it acutally also saves a .pal file, that you could of possible figured you didn't need and deleted it or something. Maybe try re-saving it in a different folder (so it doesn't overwrite the tiles you inserted already), find the .pal file, copy, and paste it in the old file.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
    Years
    I think Its a .dib file

Yeah It is a .dib file do I resave as .pal?
    .dib is device independent bitmap. .pal is pallet. These are 2 different formats and under no circumstances are to be renamed to each other.

As was said, you should have got a pallet dump with it too.

Years
    I killed it!

So uh....

I wasn't sure WHICH Help Thread to put this in.

I uh, ONLY Map. I use A-Map and I've used Advanced Starter for my starter pokemon.....

And uh...
    No Wild Pokemon show up. Ever. Even on maps I havn't touched.

...How can I screw it up that badly with editing maps? I'm astonished.

Pointless Addition: Lol, did you know that if your only Pokemon faints of Poison outside of battle; you pay money? Trying to play without any pokemon to catch...Ah hah...

Addition with a Point: Yay! New problem! I can't run in my custom maps. Most likely a setting on A-Map I'm missing. Ya know how you can't run in houses but can run outdoors?

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back