• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Okay, this may sound a little weird... I've made this map, Dusk City. It's the PEWTER CITY replacement. Well, when I enter it from the ROUTE 2 replacement, Rainy Meadow, that's when it really goes nutty. The route reappears as you're walking down the right side of the city, and if you leave the city from the place you came, you enter in an enclosed area that wasn't meant to be entered. If you try to re-enter the city, the game freezes up. Can someone help me fix this? My friend Diego always did it for me, and since he's gone... Well, you can figure.

You need to set the Map Connections so that way, if you enter or leave them, it won't screw up.

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
    Years
    so i dont think i saw this answered while i was reading through but im having a map connection problem, i got my first map connection to work from my starting town to my first route, then the first route breaks off to the right and continues going down, now when i go right and enter the next city it works fine but if i try to leave the city and go back to my first route it freezes up on me, i have the current offsets set as 10 and -10 so i know i did that part right...any help would be appreciated

ill upload some pics if it helps tomorrow since its 2 a.m. now where im at =P

Years
    Autumn Skye and SiegHart, I had the same problem. To fix this for me it was easy. I just set the offset of both maps on the connection to 0 and it worked for me. I am having a problem though. I added a few maps and they were working last night but this morning when I tried to start up the game the screen just stays pure white. Does anyone know how to fix this if it can be fixed? If not is it possible to put the maps I made into a new rom of the same type? If you can help me with this please do

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    so i dont think i saw this answered while i was reading through but im having a map connection problem, i got my first map connection to work from my starting town to my first route, then the first route breaks off to the right and continues going down, now when i go right and enter the next city it works fine but if i try to leave the city and go back to my first route it freezes up on me, i have the current offsets set as 10 and -10 so i know i did that part right...any help would be appreciated

ill upload some pics if it helps tomorrow since its 2 a.m. now where im at =P

You need the Map Connection in the city to goto the Route.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2011
    -

Hi, Im using advance map and i need a little help with some of the movement permissions
    its for a bridge going over some grass and i want to be able to go over and under it. I have also left a pic, hope it helps.

Woot for 1st post ever.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Hi, Im using advance map and i need a little help with some of the movement permissions
    its for a bridge going over some grass and i want to be able to go over and under it. I have also left a pic, hope it helps.

Woot for 1st post ever.

Easy. The part that passes over the grass, use the movement permission 3C "Passable above and below" and for the parts where the bride is connected to the rock, use 10 "Passable height 10"

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2011
    So like I have it in my picture? BTW im not too sure on what to set the rock edge as so I set it to 3C aswell.

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    So like I have it in my picture? BTW im not too sure on what to set the rock edge as so I set it to 3C aswell.

No. It's almost correct.

1: The edges of the rocks must be set to 10
    2. The top of the rock where the bridge begins needs to be set to 10

SiegHart

Guardian of Time
    Years
    yea i fixed my problem the connections were right and evrything...it just turned out i was editing the wrong offset xD

not like it matters tho im restarting anyways

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    I've tried almost every way possible, but when i create an item out of a singpost and talk to it nothing happens. help?

also, i want to make it so then you don't have to go to vermilian city to get oak's parecell, and you can get it in pallete town. help?

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2011
    Im almost 100% sure that there is a tutorial on how to change the tileset of my map to one like KyleDove's or something, but I cant find it... Can some one direct me there or post/Pm me a link?

monkeyman2092

Aipom Awesome!!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2009
    Im almost 100% sure that there is a tutorial on how to change the tileset of my map to one like KyleDove's or something, but I cant find it... Can some one direct me there or post/Pm me a link?

Well, it's easy. all you need is UNLZ.gba and Paint.

Just find the tileset for the Rom, then save it using Save As, then edit it, then go back to UNLZ.gba and import it, then click "Write to Rom" and check "Export Image" only.

Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2009
    I want the D/P/PL graphics in ruby saphire or emerald.... but i realy dont wana update the tileset thing my self can anyone give me the link to a copy that already has them set in?

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    3rd time I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

repost:

I've tried almost every way possible, but when i create an item out of a singpost and talk to it nothing happens. help?

also, i want to make it so then you don't have to go to vermilian city to get oak's parecell, and you can get it in pallete town. help?

PLEASE ANSWER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M TIRED OF WAITING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEXT TIME NO PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THE NEWER POSTS HAVE BEEN ANSWERED, BUT NOT MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE ANSWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

new question. i have a map, but i need a tower for the water to come out of.
    can i have help finding a tower?

Map credits to pokekingkian.

please answer my other questions.

yet more questions

how do you make a tree headbuttable?
    what bytes do you use?

All questions i've asked are for fire red, so please answer them for my hack.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back